The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 18, 2011, 01:15:35 PM
We need to get Fellaini signed up before the window re-opens. That has to be the top priority. Read somewhere today that Diego Forlan is looking out of Athletico. Now that is a player I would love to see at Goodison Park. 9 or 10 million, surely even Kenwright would sanction that bit of business. Of course there would be a stampede for his services, but a man can dream. Overall, really happy with the form of the team over the last couple of months especially given the injuries to key personnel. Still think United will give us the run around at the weekend, but you never know....

TBH If we could get 10 million or our money back for Fellaini I would take it. I honestly don't rate him and think we could get a far better midfielder for 10 million.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: boojangles on May 09, 2011, 11:45:01 AM
Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 18, 2011, 01:15:35 PM
We need to get Fellaini signed up before the window re-opens. That has to be the top priority. Read somewhere today that Diego Forlan is looking out of Athletico. Now that is a player I would love to see at Goodison Park. 9 or 10 million, surely even Kenwright would sanction that bit of business. Of course there would be a stampede for his services, but a man can dream. Overall, really happy with the form of the team over the last couple of months especially given the injuries to key personnel. Still think United will give us the run around at the weekend, but you never know....

TBH If we could get 10 million or our money back for Fellaini I would take it. I honestly don't rate him and think we could get a far better midfielder for 10 million.
Having seen Fellaini playing first hand on several occasions I have to say that for genuine technique and ability only Arteta comes close in that team at the minute. Perhaps if he stays injury free and Moyes plays him in the position he was bought to fill (Centre midfield) then you might get to see just what he's capable of.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

SHEEDY

seamus coleman sent off. looks like our season is ending the way it started.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

brilliant win with 10 men but its another season of what might have been.
nil satis nisi optimum

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 22, 2011, 06:17:09 PM
brilliant win with 10 men but its another season of what might have been.

So what about Beckford, will he start putting away the ones he should do as well as the odd spectacular one? He seems to get in decent enough positions.

I'd keep him over Anichebe but you'd still like to see a decent striker come target man for the likes of Saha and Beckford to play off although Moyes doesn't like two up front too much

A right back is a must as I think Hibbert is a liability.

Fuzzman

Yeah its amazing we only ended up 4 points behind the red sh*te and all the money they waste every season.

I can't make my mind up about Beckford. I think he's got huge potential and is a natural goalscorer but he needs good supply and I think he hates having to graft for the team or to be the sole attacker to win headers from long balls.

10 goals isn't bad for his 1st season considering Moyes didn't play him the half the time.
I think he'd be great alongside Saha if he could stay fit for 3 matches in a row.

I fear Fellaini will move in with pressure from his da, knowing he's not gonna win any medals with us. Utd, Shitty & Chelski could all come knocking and even the temptation of higher wages will probably be enough to tempt him away.

I really would love to see the back on Anichebe as he does my head in. For the size and strength of the man he's always falling over and looking for frees & penos. He always looks frustrated and never seems to do the simple thing. I presume the Yak will not return and we'll get peanuts for him. Feed the Yak and he will get fat

Ossie was brutal for the 1st half of the season but yes he turned it around and seemed to be our most creative player this season. I see Pienaar hasn't done that great at Spurs yet. Arteta was crap all year in my eyes and if he had been wearing a Hibbert shirt you'd be calling for his head. Those crap corners he always seems to hit are so poor time & time again.

I hope Coleman can kick on again next season and not do the usual of not fulfil his potential after a great 1st season in the 1st team.

I can't really see us getting back in the Top 4 again unless we get a billionaire which even Moyes isnt sure that would benefit us or him. I suppose if he had millions to spend he'd have a new kind of pressure.

Hopefully Tyrone now can make me have an exciting summer. Haha

Orangemac

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 23, 2011, 02:19:54 PM
10 goals isn't bad for his 1st season considering Moyes didn't play him the half the time.
I think he'd be great alongside Saha if he could stay fit for 3 matches in a row.

I fear Fellaini will move in with pressure from his da, knowing he's not gonna win any medals with us. Utd, Shitty & Chelski could all come knocking and even the temptation of higher wages will probably be enough to tempt him away.

I really would love to see the back on Anichebe as he does my head in. For the size and strength of the man he's always falling over and looking for frees & penos. He always looks frustrated and never seems to do the simple thing. I presume the Yak will not return and we'll get peanuts for him. Feed the Yak and he will get fat

Ossie was brutal for the 1st half of the season but yes he turned it around and seemed to be our most creative player this season. I see Pienaar hasn't done that great at Spurs yet. Arteta was crap all year in my eyes and if he had been wearing a Hibbert shirt you'd be calling for his head. Those crap corners he always seems to hit are so poor time & time again.

I hope Coleman can kick on again next season and not do the usual of not fulfil his potential after a great 1st season in the 1st team.

I can't really see us getting back in the Top 4 again unless we get a billionaire which even Moyes isnt sure that would benefit us or him. I suppose if he had millions to spend he'd have a new kind of pressure.

Hopefully Tyrone now can make me have an exciting summer. Haha
Not sure Moyes would be any good with £40/£50m to spend, has signed a few stinkers Billy, Koldrup. Seems to be better bringing in players for £5m or less, players who are hungry, Pienaar,Cahill, Jagielka, Baines etc.

If I had to sell Felliani or Rodwell to raise funds I would keep Rodwell. With £15m from this and selling on of Yobo, Yakubu, Vaughan we could bring in 2/3 quaility players (along with 1 or 2 from the youth team which won the league this year) although worringly I saw us linked with DJ Campbell today ::).

Moyes seems to have a love/hate relationship with Beckford. Seems to miss easy chances and score hard ones. I don't think he will ever be 1st choice but is a good sub/squad player.Certainly looks better value than Torres :D

johnneycool

Moyes has a habit of keeping young players on the bench for a good bit, ala Rooney, who'd be used sparingly when everyone else wanted to see him start. I think he did the same with Rodwell this year, maybe to keep the lads feet on the ground after a bit too much hullabaloo the previous year. If he stays I think he'll get a lot more game time next season if he's still there and I hope he is.

DJ Campbell, I always had him down as a kick and run merchant!

Mr. Nakata

Realistically, if moyes needs to sell to buy, the only players coveted by other clubs would be baines, jagielka, fellaini and rodwell. Out of those 4 I would be devastated at the loss of baines, fellaini or jagielka. If united or city gave us 20m for rodwell I would take it now. This lad has something about him, he definitely has potential but I've seen him many times let entire games pass him by. He's prone to very basic errors, I rememeber one very poor pass to Distin cost us a goal in a crucial Europa game at Goodison. Maybe I'm being harsh, but 20m is big moulah for the toffees. Maybe chicken feed for the top 4 and the dirties, but big dough for us. Fellaini is a class act, pure and simple, he will only get better. Jags is an old fashioned warrior at the back and Baines was the best left back in the league this year.

SHEEDY

theres a report on the liverpool echo website sayin everton are close to a deal to bring michael owen to goodison. i seriously hope this isnt true. how low would we have to be to bring in someone with a worse injury record than saha. moyes might be tempted though as hes available on a free and surely would have to be on a pay as you play deal.
wouldnt want dj campbell either.
nil satis nisi optimum

robertemmet

hope we can hold on to Baines, the main source of goals/assists.

Need to play Beckford on a regular basis, only way he is going to learn.

Arteta/baines/Cahill/beckford/jagielka and howard are the basis on which Moyes has to build everton around.  Even know it is only by wheeling and dealing

robertemmet

According to the media, Everton are in for Miroslav Klose, Shane Long and Demba Ba.

Moyes needs to add more depth to the squad to bring them up a level.

boojangles

Quote from: robertemmet on June 02, 2011, 10:10:15 AM
According to the media, Everton are in for Miroslav Klose, Shane Long and Demba Ba.

Seen that this morning. Klose could have 1-2 good seasons left in him. Ba looked impressive from what I seen of him but may cost too much- wages or transfer fee. Shane Long was outstanding this season but its taking a gamble. But I would love to see him come and make it.

SHEEDY

Quote from: boojangles on June 02, 2011, 12:16:59 PM
Quote from: robertemmet on June 02, 2011, 10:10:15 AM

Seen that this morning. Klose could have 1-2 good seasons left in him. Ba looked impressive from what I seen of him but may cost too much- wages or transfer fee. Shane Long was outstanding this season but its taking a gamble. But I would love to see him come and make it.
miroslav klose's wage demands would probably rule us out of signing him. moyes will hopefully be able to use the cash from the sales of vaughan and hopefully billy, yobo and the yak to bolster the attack. think we also need a centre half. we were lucky distin and jags stayed relatively fit for the majority of last season.
nil satis nisi optimum