The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

f**king right WE. I read that other thread and never heard such shite. I started a reply and then thought what's the point. Great performance by Coleman. He did indeed sign from Sligo as Trevor Welch told us at least 8 times against Athens the other night. He's 21. Typical Spurs though. Should've been 4 or 5 up. Moyes' argument against the penalty is worth reading/hearing. ;D

Norf Tyrone

I think Coleman is a Donegal man (Bundoran or Donegal Tn) I think.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

QuoteSounds as english as mustard.

but the lad was keen for work
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Isn't Coleman a Sligo name? and he did play for Sligo Rovers where he developed and polished up his early rough talent, therefore shouldn't Sligo folk get the bragging rights?

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 06, 2009, 09:17:42 PM
QuoteSounds as english as mustard.

but the lad was keen for work

It passed the others by.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

Everton poised to seal 3 month loan deal for Landon Donovan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8404674.stm

Could be a good signing for Everton. Very under rated player.

johnneycool

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 09, 2009, 11:30:56 PM
Everton poised to seal 3 month loan deal for Landon Donovan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8404674.stm

Could be a good signing for Everton. Very under rated player.

Even though he's a striker, I'd put him in at centre back, has to be better than thon Lucas Neill and Hibbert.

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: boojangles on January 06, 2009, 11:20:11 PM

Last season Everton finished Fifth.Arsenal are still in the Big 4 yet lie in fifth.You will find it is judged on where a team finished the previous season.Hence Everton are in the BIG 5.Thank you.

:o :D

Mr. Nakata

Very depressing result on Sunday against Birmingham. We've only won 2 home games out of 9 this season. That's relegation material. Away to Sunderland, home to Burnley over the festive season. 4 points at least required from those 2 fixtures. Let's hope Landon Donovan can add something to the attack in the new year. Moyes needs to get some quality loan signings in there sharpish. I can't even enjoy Liverpool's demise at the minute because we're so shit.....

Mr. Nakata

Well from my last post on the 22nd of December, it appears I was feeling a touch morbid at the way things were going for the toffees. However, bar the FA cup exit, January has been excellent. Big screech is starting to look like a quality midfielder, Cahill is returning to form and the yank Donovan can certainly play. With the red shite up next, I'd be happy with a point if truth be told, even though we're playing well and they aren't, it is a derby and if they show as much enthusiasm as they did against the always spineless yids, a point would be an excellent return. I hope our good form continues and as an optimist, 6th or 7th in the league is about as high as I think we can go. Kenwright needs to get his arse in gear and get the contracts sorted for Pienaar & Saha pronto, as any number of clubs will be after those two come summer time.

boojangles

Definitely right about signing the contracts for Pienaar and Saha. Pienaar has been some find hasn't he. With the World Cup coming up expect his price tag to soar even more.
I'm still reserving judgement on Screech but he has definitely improved. Good to hear that Donovan and Senderos are available for Europa League. No reason why we can't beat Sporting Lisbon.
To think some people were questioning David Moyes position a while back. The man is without doubt in the Top 3 Managers in the Premiership.

Mr. Nakata

Well I'm glad to see the back of this season, even though we finished with only 2 defeats in our last 24 games, all the damage was done early doors. The disruption caused by the Lescott debacle, the humiliation on the opening day of the season, the injuries to key personnel, around November time I really was starting to think it was back to the dark old days of fighting relegation. With 22 points from the first 19 games and 39 coming from the last 19, it's definitely a case of "what if"? However, I am extremely optimistic for next season. Arteta will be fresh for the start of 2010/11, although the way Spanish midfielders are falling by the wayside, he may yet get his chance with the national team. Unlikely though. Saha has signed a new contract, Cahill is on the verge of signing for 4 years, Bilyaletdinov will surely improve with an entended break after coming to England half way through the Russian season and then playing the whole season with the blues. Before Fellaini got injured he was strating to look like a proper player, bossing games and the holding role suited him perfectly. Johnny Heitinga looked like a clown during the first 3 or 4 games he played in, I thought Moyes had wasted 6m on a buffoon. How wrong I was. He has been immense in a number of different positions and I'm looking forward to watching him in the world cup. Pienaar was player of the season and deservedly so. A player purchased for 2m, if he doesn't sign a new contract I fully expect Everton to make 6 or 7 times that by selling him on as he approaches his last year. I'd be distraught though. He really is a class act. As for future signings, in Moyes we trust. Whatever money is made available has to spent wisely, though realistically, keeping hold of Pienaar and Rodwell is more important at this stage. Overall, I'm glad the all-Ireland series is upon us and hope the red hands can keep my mind occupied through the summer.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orangemac

Could be? How much blood can you squeeze from a stone year in year out?

Having said that he is still too conservative. Sticks with Hibbert when Coleman is bursting to get in.

1 striker up front at home to Wolves/Newcastle. early days yet but Beckford already looks a gamble that has'nt paid off. New guy Gueye should be given a chance up front, even Baxter maybe.

If Moyes has had enough who would take over O'Neill? Can't see it.

ross4life

Didn't Everton have a bad start to last season? i remember Arsenal hammering them anyways
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open