The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Whoops, sorry Fox,feel kinda embarrassed reading through all them posts.Was busy the last week so didnt check the thread.Didnt think there was anybody else to chat to.Im 24 and obviously my best memory is the 95 Cup win.I lost touch a bit but since David Moyes has come on board Iv got the old interest back.
We are playing quite well at the moment and we mite sneak a draw tonight.Il be pretty pissed off watching tonight as I was supposed to be at the game before it was changed to Monday nite.Im sure a win will sort me out tho.I think Arteta mite hit one tonight.

longrunsthefox

Bojangles my main man! My heart it soars like a hawk  :D. It is  a while since I saw 24. I have been a blue man now for over 40 years... sad but true and seen some very lean years in that time.
In February 1968 I saw Everton on The Big Match that used to be on Sunday afternoons with Jimmy the chin etc. They beat WBA 6-2 and I thought I'll follow this team. Then they were in the Cup final and lost to WBA 1-0 a few months later. Jeff Astle scored. He died  a few years ago.. mad whure used to sing at end of Fantasy football.
Anyway roll on to 2202 and I was working in Belfast and had to collect a manager of the company from the airport over from Liverpool. I told him my vague recollections of  game they beat WBA 6-2 and he was at it!!  An emotional moment:  as Rab C Nesbitt once said: "There is nothing quite ike that feeling of meeing some poor b*****d as mad as yurself."
There aren't that many of us. Aye draw tonight will do..  Do you know of any supporters clubs in the north (of Ireland that is!.)       

longrunsthefox

oops! correction   2002!  not 2202   :P

ziggysego

Anyone else feel like we're seeing the start of something special here? ;)
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Mr. Nakata

After Monday night's glorious point against the dirties, it's part two on Sunday. Think the fat Spanish waiter will rotate, however, Stevie G and Torres will no doubt play and they are the only 2 players we are worried about. Gerrard is some player. He needs to be watched for the 90 minutes. The first sniff he got on Monday and the ball was in the net. Torres played well, but Jagielka was the best player on the park by a mile. The koppites are quarrelling amongst themselves about whose fault the equaliser was. Riera cutting it out, Benayoun fouling big Victor, the zonal marking and even Lescott blocking Hyppia to free up tiny Tim. I thought the toffees thoroughly deserved their point and if all goes well, we can take them back to Goodison for a replay in the cup. A Torres backlash is what I'm dreading after that sitter he missed, yet on the other hand, a victory is possible if Lucas, Benayoun and the reserve goalie feature and Keano fails to touch the ball more than twice like last time. 

gawa316

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on January 23, 2009, 04:47:26 PM
After Monday night's glorious point against the dirties, it's part two on Sunday. Think the fat Spanish waiter will rotate, however, Stevie G and Torres will no doubt play and they are the only 2 players we are worried about. Gerrard is some player. He needs to be watched for the 90 minutes. The first sniff he got on Monday and the ball was in the net. Torres played well, but Jagielka was the best player on the park by a mile. The koppites are quarrelling amongst themselves about whose fault the equaliser was. Riera cutting it out, Benayoun fouling big Victor, the zonal marking and even Lescott blocking Hyppia to free up tiny Tim. I thought the toffees thoroughly deserved their point and if all goes well, we can take them back to Goodison for a replay in the cup. A Torres backlash is what I'm dreading after that sitter he missed, yet on the other hand, a victory is possible if Lucas, Benayoun and the reserve goalie feature and Keano fails to touch the ball more than twice like last time. 

Says it all

longrunsthefox

Says what all?  ??? says another wee draw on Sunday and home to Goodison and lights out Liverpool. Ferguson has Benitez and Anfield flapping and the wee man will take full advantage of that again....   

gawa316

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 23, 2009, 05:28:29 PM
Says what all?  ??? says another wee draw on Sunday and home to Goodison and lights out Liverpool. Ferguson has Benitez and Anfield flapping and the wee man will take full advantage of that again....   

If you'd cared to look at the bit I highlighted you may have understood ::)

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

boojangles

Lads no fighting here unless its between Everton and Man Utd fans.Give me Liverpool any day over that Utd shower. I expect another tight game 2mrw and a goal either way may well decide it.im sticking with Arteta in the 90 minutes 15/2

longrunsthefox

Yo! Mr Bojagles... I'd fight to midnight. I'm on a roll since you enticed me into this site. Two weeks ago said Everton 2 Hull 0 and so it came to pass. Then Monday went draw against Liverpool and what do you know... so draw tomorrow and toffees win the replay. Do you know of supporters clubs in the North I was at a meeting of one 7 years ago in Belfast in a wee pub down the town and they were sound but i felt uneasy re-all different side of the proverbial house. Norn Iron and all that. they had a quiz and near enough knew how many hairs were on Linekars head... unreal       

longrunsthefox

Re-last post  Jeez!  I'm on a roll on this board since I joined up... pity I didnt put money on these results though. Goodison will rock for replay...   

ziggysego

Are you in league with the devil Fox, or running a betting scam?
Testing Accessibility