The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I actually do believe he could do a job if given a chance. The players there are very poor but his attitude with Rondon could be his downfall. I do hope he is given at the very minimum until the end of the season.

Armamike

Benitez has been successful pretty much every where he's gone.  Probably the wrong choice for Everton given his LFC connection but a lot of clubs would be lucky to have him.  It's gotten to the stage with Everton that the fans need to stop focusing on the manager and look at how the club is run.  There have been some good managers there over the years and they've all struggled.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armamike on January 06, 2022, 12:37:55 PM
Benitez has been successful pretty much every where he's gone.  Probably the wrong choice for Everton given his LFC connection but a lot of clubs would be lucky to have him.  It's gotten to the stage with Everton that the fans need to stop focusing on the manager and look at how the club is run.  There have been some good managers there over the years and they've all struggled.
Inter Milan, Real Madrid got rid of him after 6 months and was as much of a success at Newcastle as Steve Bruce was.

SHEEDY

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 06, 2022, 11:03:03 AM
I actually do believe he could do a job if given a chance. The players there are very poor but his attitude with Rondon could be his downfall. I do hope he is given at the very minimum until the end of the season.
if Benetiz is given to the end of the season there's only way he's going and that's down, 6 points from the last 36 available, nobody has worse form than that. The only thing that might save everton from relegation under Benetiz is fact Norwich, Burnley and Watford are in the league..
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2022, 07:08:49 PM
if Benetiz is given to the end of the season there's only way he's going and that's down, 6 points from the last 36 available, nobody has worse form than that. The only thing that might save everton from relegation under Benetiz is fact Norwich, Burnley and Watford are in the league..

Who would you want to come in and replace him if he was sacked?
Who is going to do any better with the players there?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2022, 07:24:35 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on January 06, 2022, 07:08:49 PM

Who would you want to come in and replace him if he was sacked?
Who is going to do any better with the players there?
Its a very good question.
Unfortunately there's nobody within the club capable of taking over.
And mid season is a terrible time to change

imtommygunn

Big Dunc - it's only a matter of time at this rate  :(

johnnycool

Can't defend crosses and corners for toffee FFS...

Gordon and Gray the only positives but have to say that referees seem to have become so dependent on VAR that obvious hand balls aren't given anymore.....

johnnycool

trouble at mill..........

El Ghazi coming in on loan even though Benitez is alleged not to want him at all...

Farhad Moshiri seems to be pulling the strings and we know that hasn't been a success in the past..

lurganblue

Quote from: johnnycool on January 12, 2022, 05:29:05 PM
trouble at mill..........

El Ghazi coming in on loan even though Benitez is alleged not to want him at all...

Farhad Moshiri seems to be pulling the strings and we know that hasn't been a success in the past..

I thought it a strange signing and I'm not surprised that Rafa doesn't want him. El Ghazi can be fantastic one game and then awful for 5.

From the Bunker

Rafa is his own man. Robbie Keane was signed behind Rafas back at Liverpool. No way was Keane ever going to be allowed fit in at Anfield!

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteDigne said he had joined Villa because of Gerrard. "It was the main factor. I came here for the manager," he said.

:o

SHEEDY

Benitez can't survive any longer, absolute shambles
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

Has to be gone

why would you play Rondon in a must win game?
Because you are stubborn idiot. that is why

gawa316

Yup once Rafa's gone all things will be rosy in toffeeland