The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

Quote from: johnneycool on April 07, 2014, 08:51:52 AM
Quote from: Crete Boom on April 06, 2014, 06:43:15 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on April 06, 2014, 03:58:43 PM
massive result today and a brilliant performance. race for champions league is on! ;D

Still a huge ask for us to beat Man U and Man City at home but at least it's in our hands now and the team knows win the rest for 4th place.

Arsenals run in is pretty straight forward looking, whereas Everton have some biggies albeit at home, but it'd be hard to see points not being dropped against Man City in particular.

To be honest Johnney it would be the Man Utd , Southampton and Hull games I would be more expecting us to drop points in as we have a pretty brilliant record against Man City at home. In the last 8 years we have beaten them 6 times (including when they won the title in 2012) , drawn once and lost once!

EC Unique

Oh dear. Looks like top 4 is slipping away. You can have Moyes back if you want and side show bob too. Any chance of a refund on him?

SHEEDY

Quote from: EC Unique on April 26, 2014, 03:37:09 PM
Oh dear. Looks like top 4 is slipping away. You can have Moyes back if you want and side show bob too. Any chance of a refund on him?
4th is gone now. 2 bad mistakes at the back yesterday along with a lengthening injury list cost us any chance we had. our lovely neighbours will be hoping for a favour from us next week. i'll be hoping for a win against city although I wont be overly disappointed if we don't. ;) ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

rodney trotter

Coleman in PFA team of the year. Fair play to him

PFA Premier League team of the year: Cech, Shaw, Kompany, Cahill, Coleman, Hazard, Toure, Gerrard, Lallana, Suarez, Sturridge

Mr. Nakata

Totally deserved. Mustard has had some season for us. Probably my player of the year, though McCarthy has been brilliant too. This game on Saturday evening is going to be interesting. An Arsenal win tonight and 4th is gone. Spurs can still catch us...what a nightmare that would be...United can as well if they win their last 3 and we lose both of our remaining two. Our performance against the saints was easily the worst of the season. We have a great record against City and home form has been superb, but City will be chomping at the bit. Interesting indeed.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 28, 2014, 01:34:32 PM
Totally deserved. Mustard has had some season for us. Probably my player of the year, though McCarthy has been brilliant too. This game on Saturday evening is going to be interesting. An Arsenal win tonight and 4th is gone. Spurs can still catch us...what a nightmare that would be...United can as well if they win their last 3 and we lose both of our remaining two. Our performance against the saints was easily the worst of the season. We have a great record against City and home form has been superb, but City will be chomping at the bit. Interesting indeed.
i hope everton can make the top 4, it would be great to see a couple of irish players back in the champions league and can only be good for the development of coleman & mccarthy
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

From the Bunker

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 28, 2014, 01:55:56 PM
i hope everton can make the top 4, it would be great to see a couple of irish players back in the champions league and can only be good for the development of coleman & mccarthy
McGeady and Gibson!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 28, 2014, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 28, 2014, 01:55:56 PM
McGeady and Gibson!
McGeady -- sorry didn't see him name checked until too late!

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Billys Boots

The plot thickens ... from Soccerway.com:

Council behind new Everton stadium

30 April 2014

Liverpool City Council have again vowed to support Everton with their proposed move to a new stadium.

The Premier League club are planning to leave Goodison Park and play their home games in a 50,000-seater stadium at a site that will also include new homes, education and health facilities.

Walton Hall Park is reportedly the preferred location, but the club have refused to confirm that is the case.

On Tuesday, Everton chief executive Robert Elstone said he has seen "signs" the council, who he described as a "key partner", are supporting the project.

And the body reacted on Wednesday by reiterating that they are behind the project, but are not in a position to pay for it.

A statement from Liverpool City Council read: "Following reports in the media today, we wish to reaffirm our commitment to working with Everton FC in relation to their new stadium proposals.

"As with all large-scale regeneration projects with the potential to create jobs and investment in Liverpool, the city council will look at ways it can support the wider regeneration scheme, but no firm options have been developed in terms of how or where this will take shape.

"This work is ongoing and we will announce the details of the location and support we will be offering once this has been further developed.

"However, we must stress that the city council is clearly not in a position to fund the costs of a new stadium.

"Any investment the council makes would be in a wider regeneration scheme, subject to a sound financial and economic rationale for doing so."

Elstone had spoken on Tuesday of the importance of the council's assistance in seeing the project through.

He said: "The key partner is Liverpool City Council. We're working very closely with them and they're being incredibly supportive.

"The public and private sector mix is important. Support from the public purse whether that's through grants or other forms of subsidy; and whether it's regional, national or European, we have to investigate all possibilities of securing public funding into the project.

"That's one of the reasons why our scheme is so heavily focused on jobs and education and welfare; to essentially support and sustain those sorts of grants and subsidy moneys.

"We'll need commercial partners alongside that to make the whole jigsaw fit together."
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SHEEDY

with the defeat for spurs now practically ensuring Europa league football for everton next season and with the very unlikely chance of finishing in the top 4, there is only one result to round off the day....c'mon city!!! ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 03, 2014, 02:37:23 PM
with the defeat for spurs now practically ensuring Europa league football for everton next season and with the very unlikely chance of finishing in the top 4, there is only one result to round off the day....c'mon city!!! ;)

Surely you would be pushing for a draw just to rubberstamp the whole thing! :P

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 03, 2014, 02:37:23 PM
True fan fair play.
Once a blue always a blue.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mr. Nakata

Good game. Strange atmosphere at Goodison, The Hart save and dzecko goal at start of second half proving decisive. But that was drama from start to finish. Will there be another twist? If city don't win it now, they don't have any bottle. Guaranteed 5th position for the toffees. Well done lads. Martinez a breath of fresh air. Great appointment and I am looking forward to next season already and a few city breaks in the Europa. Nil Satis...

Mr. Nakata

Good finish for the toffs. Now it's a summer of Gaa and the world cup for a month. Happy days. Roberto has had a great first season. I'm optimistic for the years ahead. We will need to sign Lukaku or someone else who can rattle the onion 16 times. Will 20m be enough? Will he want to sign for us or does he want champions league...It's hard to know what lies ahead, but we'll need plenty of signings that is for sure.