The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on January 27, 2014, 02:50:50 PM
Baines signs a new 4 year contract. Nice boost for us heading into the derby. Seriously hope that Pienaar and Coleman are fit for selection and young Barkley can play a part.

Surely Barley is still a few weeks away with his broken toe?

Mr. Nakata

The Barkley toe injury was put down as 3-5 weeks. Not as serious as the fracture Baines picked up before Christmas where he was out for 5 weeks. I am being very optimistic here, but even if we got a half hour out of him...I live in hope.

Fuzzman

Yeah both teams have a lot of injuries but by the sounds of things Everton have more first time players out. From the talk on Toffeeweb even Jags could be out but we won't know until the night.
Am really looking forward to watching it though often they let us down a bagful in such big games.

Mirallas, who I've been slating all year, looks to have finally got his finger out and be working a bit harder. His pace could upset the Red shite back four but I'm more worried about how we handle their S&S. I was looking forward to this game all over Christmas but now that its here and we've so many injuries I'd take a draw.

How do you think McGeady played on Sat?

johnneycool

thon left back Sissoko or whatever he's called is for the taking, hence missing Coleman will be a big loss as he'd tear your man a new one. Countino doesn't offer much cover for him down that wing and its somewhere Everton could target with Pineaar or McGeady if he's more direct and stops phaffing about.

Jags being out is a huge loss, does that leave Stones and Heitenga? That would be a big worry..

AZOffaly

Both Liverpool's fullbacks are weak at the moment, regardless who plays. That's Everton's route to success. Also LFC are built on 3 Central midfielders and trying to control the tempo of the game. With injuries to Lucas and Allen, we could be down to a midfield partnership of Gerrard and Henderson, and Everton could have joy there. Everton must be favourites for this game.

Billys Boots

Are Jagielka and Coleman both definitely out?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

EC Unique

SHEEDY

looks like we're heading to analfield with a badly depleted squad. hopefully barkley and pienaar will be back but it looks like we could be really understrength in defence with coleman, distin and jakielga all doubtful. a month ago I would have been confident of getting a long overdue win at the home of our lovely neighbours, i'm less confident now. lukaku is due a big game, hopefully its tonight. coyb.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

She may be a blue but I'd still try and cheer her up tonight...... ;D

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

SHEEDY

well what a load of shite that was. no passion, no fight, totally outclassed, no complaints. the difference is they have sturridge, suarez and coutinho, we have Naismith and Osman. work will be good tomorrow. ps ref was shite.
nil satis nisi optimum

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 28, 2014, 10:33:05 PM
well what a load of shite that was. no passion, no fight, totally outclassed, no complaints. the difference is they have sturridge, suarez and coutinho, we have Naismith and Osman. work will be good tomorrow. ps ref was shite.

I actually thought everton got very lucky with a few of the refs calls.
he blew sterling up when he was away and it was clearly him being fouled, also gave them a soft one when alberto dispossessed osman and put suarez through.
Dont think they would have got either of those only for the fact they were 4 down already!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

johnneycool

When Naismith is coming on for the injured Lukaka, you know your goose is cooked!!

Strength in depth is always a problem.

Fuzzman

Yes that young blonde in the crowd has got a lot of publicity online today. She was one of the few silver linings to last night.

We wuz brutal and what was Roberto thinking of playing with such a high defensive line without Distin and Coleman. Our lack of pace against S&S was suicidal and I worried it could have been more.

But alas I always look for a positive and although there are not many with Lukaku the latest to get injured, I think maybe we should move our focus onto the FA cup and play our strongest team for every game in that. It's been too long since we won a cup and whilst 4th place would be a nice little earner I think we don't realistically have the squad or money to compete in that league just yet.

SHEEDY

any slim hope we had of finishing 4th are probably gone after todays undeserved defeat. thought we played well for most of the game and 1 slip of concentration cost us. a lack of striking options is starting to tell especially in tight games like today.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Apart from Lukakus first 2 or 3 mths we have been light up front all season. Another 10/15 goal striker would have saw us seriously push for 4th. Too any games we have dominated without a cutting edge.

Having said that we have still played great football this season and still in with a shout in the fa cup.

Hopefully the summer will see some real investment.