The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Never mind next season if Lukaku got injured we would be seriously short of strikers. Number 1 priority must be decent striker. number 2 tying down Barkley to a new contract. Exciting the thought of Barkley and McCarthy pairing over the next 5 years.

Fuzzman

Yeah with Kone out injured, Jellyfish having lost ALL his confidence and touch and Lukaku looking a little tired or not as sharp as he did when he first came in, I really really hope we sign a decent striker in Jan or have a few lined up for the summer. I think we've enough defenders & maybe another midfielder as I think Gibson is just going to always be an injury prone player.
What strikers would you like to see come in.
I was wondering about someone like Michu or what about Benteke another Belgian though he seems to have got cold this season.

Denn Forever

I wonder who is going to kick WBA when they are down and poach Shane Long?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

southdown

£20 tickets for the QPR cup game on 4.1.14. 

Fuzzman

Had to share this interesting article from the Guardian.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/10527646/Everton-are-thriving-thanks-to-Roberto-Martinezs-masterful-combination-of-spirit-togetherness-and-clever-signings.html

Sounds like there was a major fear factor with all at the club around Moyes. He always kinda looked cross and stressed, even when he was happy. I wonder has he brought that mentality with him to Utd now

Great to see Martinez can relax and have some fun with the players. We mightn't get into the top 4 as competition is tough but by God he has helped us all to enjoy watching football again. I really look forward every weekend now to our matches and record them on sky+ match choice.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 19, 2013, 05:09:10 PM
Had to share this interesting article from the Guardian.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/10527646/Everton-are-thriving-thanks-to-Roberto-Martinezs-masterful-combination-of-spirit-togetherness-and-clever-signings.html

Sounds like there was a major fear factor with all at the club around Moyes. He always kinda looked cross and stressed, even when he was happy. I wonder has he brought that mentality with him to Utd now

Great to see Martinez can relax and have some fun with the players. We mightn't get into the top 4 as competition is tough but by God he has helped us all to enjoy watching football again. I really look forward every weekend now to our matches and record them on sky+ match choice.
totally agree. cant remember the last time I looked forward to every match. Martinez has given everton fans reason to feel proud again. pride not only from the results but also from the performances. should be a good match on sunday against Swansea, two teams who like to pass and keep possession. an away win would set us up nicely for the 2 home games over Christmas.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

I see Clint Dempsey is back with Fulham. Would be nice if he played and scored v Man Shitty on Sat.
A draw or a loss there could really help us move up into 4th however I don't know will we be able to beat Swansea as easy as we have other years.
Lukaku is due a goal as is Barkley but I fear a 0-0 or a 1-1.
You'd imagine the Liverpool will beat Cardiff and go top at least until Monday night. Arsenal will need to win then to reclaim top which I don't see then doing but who knows.

I'm looking forward to see how Liverpool do at home to Man City. Hopefully another high scoring game.5-0

Crete Boom

I just have that inevitable feeling that we will drop points in one or two of the games in this easy run of games we have before the derby in Anfield and the smart money would be on this game at Swansea but the Toffees couldn't be accused of being any way smart for the last 20 years so we will probably loose to Sunderland at home as well :'( :'(

SHEEDY

brilliant win today sealed by 2 wonder goals by coleman and barkley. even better to get the 3pts when we maybe weren't as good as we have been in the past few weeks. from an Ireland point of view I thought mc carthy and especially coleman were brilliant today.
hopefully the gunners can win against chelsea tomorrow night to knock the redshite off the top and ensure we stay in the top 4 for crimbo. happy days to be toffee. :)
nil satis nisi optimum

The Worker

What has happened lukaku? Hasn't featured much the last few games after being the main man for a while.

SHEEDY

Quote from: The Worker on December 22, 2013, 07:34:39 PM
What has happened lukaku? Hasn't featured much the last few games after being the main man for a while.

lukaku has been quiet in the last few games due I feel to lack of service especially from miralles who for some reason doesn't want to pass. at the minute we're getting goals from all over the team which is vital as lukaku goes through a quiet patch.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Yeah I watched the second half yesterday and the way Coleman & McCarthy drive on and show great work ethic and hunger is really great to watch. Coleman especially has took it to another level this year. He's flourishing under Roberto and like our whole new motto NO FEAR, you could see yesterday he took on that shot like a Brazilian full back whereas had Moyes been manager he'd be too scared to f**k it up and get the head eaten aff him.

You could see how much it meant to him by his kicking of the hoarding and he's usually such a quiet shy lad. I was glad to see Barkley score as there has been so much talk and praise for him but besides his opening day screamer v Norwich he's not actually scored since I think.
Mirallas has so much potential and skill and pace yet he seems to be lacking this year. He doesn't seem to be benefiting from the same surge of confidence the others are experiencing. He's definitely feeling the pressure a bit now I think and being greedy and playing for himself and not for the team. Lukaku has certainly gone off the ball I think the last few weeks whereas in Nov everything he touched turned to goal.

I'm off to my local with a red, a gunner and a ManUre fan tonight to watch the Chelsea game. It would be killing two birds with one stone if Arsenal win.
I know I'm being nasty but I hope Oldham take Chewy Suaraz out for the rest of the season as otherwise they're gonna keep winning. The amount of goals he's getting is gonna win the league for them on his own. I've 3 Pool brothers so I can get away with saying that.  ;)
Still no word of who were are looking for to sign but he RS has said a striker and central MF backup

Mr. Nakata

We are being linked with Shane Long and McGeady. That would be some amount of Irish players. Probably even a bigger contingent than we had back in the '50s. I'm a fan of Shane Long. Good, hard working striker, but he wouldn't be cheap. McGeady if we got on the cheap might work out. I think Martinez is getting the maximum out of all his players. Exciting times indeed. 6 points needed over the festive season.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on December 24, 2013, 04:35:56 PM
We are being linked with Shane Long and McGeady. That would be some amount of Irish players. Probably even a bigger contingent than we had back in the '50s. I'm a fan of Shane Long. Good, hard working striker, but he wouldn't be cheap. McGeady if we got on the cheap might work out. I think Martinez is getting the maximum out of all his players. Exciting times indeed. 6 points needed over the festive season.
hull had a bid of around 4/5 million for shane long accepted in the summer but the move fell through. mcgeady is out of contract in the summer so wouldnt cost a huge amount. im not the biggest mcgeady fan in the world but I believe he could just do a job for us as a back up for miralles/deufelou/pienaar. 6pts must be the aim over the next 2 games if we want to finish the year in the top4.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

very important win today with an another screamer from seamus coleman. it was vital we bounced back with a win after the disappointment against sunderland. hopefully Martinez can bring in a couple of fresh faces to bolster the squad to enable us to stay competitive at the top end of the table. good to end the year in the top 4, hopefully we can carry on the good form into the 2nd half of the season.
nil satis nisi optimum