The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I don't think he went out to do Suarez. I wonder though if it was anyone else but Suarez would he have seen red and Suarez a victim of his own behaviour here. I wouldn't be surprised.

Fuzzman

A lof of Blues fans think that the Pool's physio made the ref's mind up for him
As he came on to treat him he spoke to the ref and incensed the Everton players.
If he had sent him off then it would have looked like the physio influenced the ref into sending him off.

McCarthy played very well for Everton but rarely gets the plaudits from MOTD or sky etc
Michael Owen was commentating on BT sports and he was so biased it was like listening to Donegal's Highland radio commentators.

We've got stoke at home next and then Utd & Arsenal away within 8 days.

laoislad

Quote from: Fuzzman on November 25, 2013, 04:32:23 PM
A lof of Blues fans think that the Pool's physio made the ref's mind up for him
As he came on to treat him he spoke to the ref and incensed the Everton players.
If he had sent him off then it would have looked like the physio influenced the ref into sending him off.

Thought the same thing myself when watching it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

The ref who commentates on BT sport(Halsey I think it was) was giving off that the ref hadn't given a card before the physio etc came on. Probably would have avoided the situation.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2013, 05:04:11 PM
The ref who commentates on BT sport(Halsey I think it was) was giving off that the ref hadn't given a card before the physio etc came on. Probably would have avoided the situation.

The Ref was doing a lot of talking into his earpiece after the foul,I wonder was he getting feedback from 4th official.
If so it's even more astounding he wasn't sent off.

imtommygunn

I think depending on the angle it was difficult to see though. From the replayed angle you'd have said he deserved to go but from the initial view I didn't think it was a red.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 25, 2013, 05:26:25 PM
I think depending on the angle it was difficult to see though. From the replayed angle you'd have said he deserved to go but from the initial view I didn't think it was a red.

There was a slo mo of it and the ref looked to have a perfect view of it, neither here nor there now though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fuzzman

As a totally biased Toffee I can't see how it can't be a red card

Look how high his foot is and where the ball is. In my eyes he knew what he was doing and he was very lucky to get away with it. It's amazing Suaraz doesn't get more bad tackles but maybe some defenders just can't catch him.

laoislad

Yeah true enough but if as I said he was consulting with the 4th official whom you would assume saw it on the TV monitor then it's even more amazing he wasn't sent off.
Maybe the 4th official didn't say anything to him but Dowd was doing at lot of talking into his earpiece.

I do honestly believe Suarez would have seen red in the same situation.

johnneycool

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2013, 05:50:31 PM

Yeah true enough but if as I said he was consulting with the 4th official whom you would assume saw it on the TV monitor then it's even more amazing he wasn't sent off.
Maybe the 4th official didn't say anything to him but Dowd was doing at lot of talking into his earpiece.

I do honestly believe Suarez would have seen red in the same situation.

But he didn't in last years Merseyside derby when he deliberately stood on Distins achilles??

Now if Miralles had did that on St Stevie Gerrard he would've got a straight red and a six game ban.

SHEEDY

great win today. Martinez is fast becoming the best thing to happen to everton in years. also good to see seamus back on the scoresheet. now to get a long overdue result at old Trafford on Wednesday.
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Our own little Messi. Ye could argue he's typical of a young talented foreigner who tries to do too much and often no final product but he sure delivered a lot on Sat.
I hope he starts more games. He's so fast and ghost past players though you'd be worried he's gonna pick up injuries

I love Hull now too

johnneycool

great and all that it is, but the good form is reliant on the good form of the loanees. Long term we're not going to be able to sign Lukaka or Deulofeu permanently. Barry would need to consider a pay cut to come, but sure we'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Fuzzman

I was worried by Martinez's appointment at the start but he's come in and showed with 3 months much more optimism and entertaining football than Moyes ever showed us. Moyes would never have clinched this 3 great loanees and yeah they probably won't sign long term but they might extend for another year. Lukaku has 8 goals already and isn't even playing that well. I don't think he'll go back to Chelski but I'd say after the world cup he'll be snapped up for 30m+ by some CL heavy weight.
I think he might the right choice though moving to us though in a world cup season where he knew he'd be a regular starter and would get good supply from Pienaar, Baines, Mirallas & Barkley amongst others.

These loan players have made a huge difference to the season already and allowed Martinez to get off to a good start without having to spend loads. There is a lot of competition this year for the top 4. Look how much money Spurs spent during the summer and they're still only mid table.
Tough 2 games now though away to Manure on Wed and then away to Arsenal.

laoislad

Quote from: johnneycool on December 02, 2013, 11:55:08 AM
great and all that it is, but the good form is reliant on the good form of the loanees. Long term we're not going to be able to sign Lukaka or Deulofeu permanently. Barry would need to consider a pay cut to come, but sure we'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Sadly that's the way it is when you're a small club.