The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 24, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on December 24, 2012, 09:20:59 AM
Quote from: Main Street on December 23, 2012, 11:21:15 AM
I'd say there is no chance of that red card being overturned. The ref had a perfect view of that incident and had no doubt.
It wasn't deliberate and he was trying to play the ball,  but that doesn't matter.

Can't see either red card being rescinded, but it was refreshing to see Collins get straight up after Anichebe caught him and Baines do the same after Cole caught him.

darron gibsons appeal hearing over the red card wont be heard until thursday meaning he'll be free to play against wigan on wednesday.

Do any of you Evertonians know the inside story on Gibson and ROI. He seems to be playing well and it would be great to see him back in the green jersey again.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 24, 2012, 12:06:09 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 24, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
I'd say there is no chance of that red card being overturned. The ref had a perfect view of that incident and had no doubt.
It wasn't deliberate and he was trying to play the ball,  but that doesn't matter.

Can't see either red card being rescinded, but it was refreshing to see Collins get straight up after Anichebe caught him and Baines do the same after Cole caught him.

darron gibsons appeal hearing over the red card wont be heard until thursday meaning he'll be free to play against wigan on wednesday.

Do any of you Evertonians know the inside story on Gibson and ROI. He seems to be playing well and it would be great to see him back in the green jersey again.
gibson has been playing really well for everton since he signed and is one of the unsung heroes of the side.

his absence from the ireland side is pretty straightforward. he was totally pissed off at not seeing 1 minute of action at the euros despite how shite we were and seeing the likes of paul green getting a game before him.

though i never want to see a player turn their back on their country i think gibsons decision was understandable.cant seeing him gettin much of a look in while trap remains in charge unfortunatly.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Coleman and gibson should be playing. Trap has his ideas and won't be shifted on them and gibson knows it.

Gibson and james mccarthy would be a decent midfield and maybe throw one other in.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yeah lads it looks like he wont play under Trap which is a real shame as he has seemed to have improved a lot since leaving Man U

Main Street

I have no sympathy with Gibson at this (post tournament) stage for not turning up.
Trap gave him plenty of game time when he was shíte and could hardly get into Man u reserves. More often than not, Gibson pulled out due to some strain or other. Trap told him personally and publicly to get away from Man U.
He did work hard to get fit for the Euros and there I would have sympathy with him for not  even getting a subs appearance when clearly he was a class above what was there.
But get over it, better players than Gibson have managed to get over it, Carsley and Dunne at WC 2002, without throwing a hissy fit and whining for months on end, Brady took the insults on the chin and buckled down to get onto Charlton's team of hoofers.
Regardless of Traps tactics, it's a pathetic excuse for a player to snub his country. 

AFS

Quote from: Main Street on December 24, 2012, 06:07:51 PM
I have no sympathy with Gibson at this (post tournament) stage for not turning up.
Trap gave him plenty of game time when he was shíte and could hardly get into Man u reserves. More often than not, Gibson pulled out due to some strain or other. Trap told him personally and publicly to get away from Man U.
He did work hard to get fit for the Euros and there I would have sympathy with him for not  even getting a subs appearance when clearly he was a class above what was there.
But get over it, better players than Gibson have managed to get over it, Carsley and Dunne at WC 2002, without throwing a hissy fit and whining for months on end, Brady took the insults on the chin and buckled down to get onto Charlton's team of hoofers.
Regardless of Traps tactics, it's a pathetic excuse for a player to snub his country.

I agree with all of this.

SHEEDY

darron gibsons red card against west ham has been overturned. he's now free to play chelsea at the weekend.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

seamus coleman has signed a new 5 1/2 year contract with everton taking him up to the summer of 2018. on the down side it looks like darron gibson is going to be out for a while with a thigh injury
nil satis nisi optimum

johnneycool

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 31, 2012, 11:05:46 AM
seamus coleman has signed a new 5 1/2 year contract with everton taking him up to the summer of 2018. on the down side it looks like darron gibson is going to be out for a while with a thigh injury

Gibson does seem to be injury prone by the looks of it, but at least Fuzzy will be back for the next game.

With Heitinga's agent talking about him wanting to leave due to lack of starts I think Moyes will need a holding midfielder who can pass and tackle in the coming weeks if Johnny does decide to move on.

Jonah

Coleman is an excellent player. Hopefully Trap starts playing him regularly.
Good business by Everton to tie him down for 5 years.

Fuzzman

Looks like the Fer transfer might not go through. Some problem with his knee so Everton want to change the terms of payment to include an appearances clause I believe.

johnneycool

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 30, 2013, 09:41:39 AM
Looks like the Fer transfer might not go through. Some problem with his knee so Everton want to change the terms of payment to include an appearances clause I believe.

I wonder was he playing recently for Twente?

I'd have thought Moyes would have wanted someone in who'd make an impact right away to push for a CL place rather than someone to nurse through injury for a month or so!!

Geoff Tipps

Yeah I believe Everton discussed the option of paying add ons based on trophies won. FC Twente hung up  ;)

Crete Boom

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 30, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

Yeah I believe Everton discussed the option of paying add ons based on trophies won. FC Twente hung up  ;)

I heard Bill Kenwright got mad when he spotted in the contract that Everton had to pay an extra 2 mill to twente if they finished above Liverpool and finishing in 13th place wouldn't even cover the cost of that 8)  "Per aspera ad astra" ( From adversity to the stars)

deiseach

Quote from: Crete Boom on January 30, 2013, 02:55:29 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 30, 2013, 01:43:54 PM

I heard Bill Kenwright got mad when he spotted in the contract that Everton had to pay an extra 2 mill to twente if they finished above Liverpool and finishing in 13th place wouldn't even cover the cost of that 8)  "Per aspera ad astra" ( From adversity to the stars)

It's funny because it's true.