The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

The School of Science coming good at the right time yet again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnneycool

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2012, 11:18:37 AM
The School of Science coming good at the right time yet again.

Probably too late for a realistic chance of a europa league spot though.

The players seem to be able to raise their game for the big teams, but then make a hash of beating QPR or the likes especially away from home.

The loanees seem to be coming good in Drenthe and straquilersi.

Mr. Nakata

The biggest game of our season is coming up on Saint Patrick's day, a home FA Cup quarter-final  clash against Sunderland. My biggest fear is that the Merseyside derby tomorrow night will be a tetchy affair with numerous sendings off. I will be gutted if we go into Saturday's game missing key players like Fellaini or Heitinga. Remains to be seen what'll happen tomorrow night as form goes out the window.

deiseach

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 12, 2012, 03:07:10 PM
Remains to be seen what'll happen tomorrow night as form goes out the window.

We can only hope :-\

SHEEDY

6 changes for tonights match show which match this week is more important to everton. no cahill, jelavic or heitinga. hope we can sneak something with a weakened team.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

same old story. disappointed we didnt seem to have the fight tonight. no cutting edge.
nil satis nisi optimum

boojangles

Frustrating night. Second to every ball and lacking aggression. IMO we should cash in on Rodwell this summer and Fellaini too. For the money we would get we could buy better. I dont care what the papers say, Fellaini gives the ball away far too much for my liking. Rodwell is still young but he isn't making enough happen. Too fond of back passing.
Hopefully we play our first team Saturday.

Mr. Nakata

f**king embarrassing. We took one in the ass for the FA Cup tonight. Boojangles, your criticism of Fellaini is beyond belief. The guy is unbelievable. My favourite Everton player by a country mile. The only blue on the pitch tonight who looked remotely interested. He's a class act. Are you blind?

johnneycool

I never could see anything in Hibbert and last night confirmed that for me.

Does he do anything other than boot the ball as high and far as he can?

Rodwell never burst passed anyone all night, Pineaar had a mare, midfield was very poor and overrun, not one decent ball for any of the forwards to run onto.

Maybe the kick up the arse required for saturday!

SHEEDY

what an incentive to beat sunderland in the replay. a chance to get revenge for last weeks horror show in the derby.
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Tough run of games for us. Arsenal Wed night, Swansea away and then the replay next week.

Would be great to beat Liverpool at Wembley though if we could get past Sunderland.

Orangemac

Great win today against a team in good form. Jelavic could have had a hat trick today, good to see us having a striker at last.

Big game now Tuesday, could go to extra time or penalties.

SHEEDY

brilliant win against the in form swans yesterday. great strike from baines. hope we can carry that good performance into tuesday.
nil satis nisi optimum

Denn Forever

Choice to make tonight.

UTV
19:30 Live FA Cup Football Sunderland v Everton (Kick-off 8.00pm). Coverage of the sixth-round replay at the Stadium of Light, where a semi-final against Liverpool awaits the successful club. The sides drew the original fixture 1-1 at Goodison Park, when Tim Cahill cancelled out Phil Bardsley's opener for the Black Cats. The hosts will be more confident now they are on home soil, but they have not beaten the Toffees in their last 16 attempts. Presented by Adrian Chiles, with commentary by Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend and analysis from Roy Keane and Peter Reid. Subsequent programmes subject to change.

or TV3
19:30 Live UEFA Champions League Benfica v Chelsea (Kick-off 7.45pm). Coverage of the quarter-final first-leg encounter at the Estadio da Luz, where the Portuguese club host the only remaining English team. The Blues produced a stunning comeback to defeat Napoli 5-4 on aggregate in the previous round after losing the opening leg 3-1, but face another stern test in Benfica, who eliminated Zenit St Petersburg to progress to this stage. The hosts have already faced English opposition in this competition, having drawn home and away with Manchester United in the group stage, and they are unlikely to be too daunted at the prospect of facing Roberto di Matteo's men.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

SHEEDY

biggest match of the season for us so far tonight. hoping for a win to get a shot at the red shite in the semis. COYB
nil satis nisi optimum