The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 31, 2022, 09:43:39 PM
Quote from: toby47 on January 31, 2022, 06:26:57 PM
40 million????
it's actually being reported as a free transfer initially, 10million after 20 appearance's and going up further after performance related stuff, trophies etc so itll just be 10 million 😕

Looks to be a lot more than that

Captain Scarlet

Is this not all a bit Koeman? Buy Sigurdsson, Klassie and a few more nice footballers who all just get in their way.

How will they line up with Ali and van de Beek? Will they have two up top?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Best of luck to Everton but I can't help thinking that the owner, big Frank and Dele Alli are all a bit flaky
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2022, 10:48:20 AM
Best of luck to Everton but I can't help thinking that the owner, big Frank and Dele Alli are all a bit flaky

Huge gamble being taken by Everton here, I can see relegation being a close thing.

I can see VD Beek adding something to the midfield but not Dele Alli, who if he denies Anthony Gordon game time will not be a darling of the Goodison faithful who want to see more of him and Branthwaite in defence.

If it pushes Iwobi out then that's a positive.

manfromdelmonte

some amount of money being wasted in the club on crap players

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 01, 2022, 10:15:13 PM

Rafa out....oh wait....

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 02, 2022, 08:39:58 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 01, 2022, 10:15:13 PM

Rafa out....oh wait....
Rondon. enough said. sackable offence on its own

Cavan19

Quote from: johnnycool on February 01, 2022, 12:01:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2022, 10:48:20 AM

Huge gamble being taken by Everton here, I can see relegation being a close thing.

I can see VD Beek adding something to the midfield but not Dele Alli, who if he denies Anthony Gordon game time will not be a darling of the Goodison faithful who want to see more of him and Branthwaite in defence.

If it pushes Iwobi out then that's a positive.

They have added two players who have a lot to prove.

One has not got enough game time to show if he can perform in the premier league and the others form has fallen off a cliff and three different managers couldn't get a tune out of him. The only position that Ali seems to be able to play well is off the striker and that's where most of his goals have come from.

If these don't work out it will be worrying times for Everton supporters.

johnnycool

Mina goes off and it goes to shíte all too quickly...

With Godfrey and Mina out, the two/three centre backs are flaky, Holgate is dodgy, Keane is having an awful run of form and Branthwaite as a 19yo needs a leader beside him and none of those others are that.

Daucoure also out for a month and Ali was pish last night to the extent I wasn't sure he was on for most of the game. Hope Frank isn't one of those lads who's going to persist with a player just because he brought him in just to prove everyone wrong like Rondon and Benitez...

first 4 games harvested 10 points, 9 points from the last 17 games is dire.

Franks going to need to pull out a few wins and soon.

brokencrossbar1

Norwich have won 3 on the bounce since the turn of the New Year. Newcastle are getting stronger. Burnley are dogged and used to this type of a battle. If Norwich get a result tonight against Palace then the pressure ramps up seriously on Lampard, who as a player or manager never had to deal with this type of situation ever. Completely different mindset at the bottom than the top and he has no real leaders on the field bar a 100 year old Seamus Coleman who is going to start running on empty. A Norwich win tonight and a poor result against Leeds at the weekend for Everton makes things very dodgy indeed

manfromdelmonte

big improvement from Tuesday to Saturday

zonal marking gone since the fat waiter left
more chances created
players trying to play football
a lot to work on, but at least they are watchable again

Armamike

Just watched the documentary on Everton-Howard's Way. Is this long out?  Very enjoyable. Some great stories from the players. Kendall built a great team spirit. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Armamike on February 13, 2022, 09:28:25 PM
Just watched the documentary on Everton-Howard's Way. Is this long out?  Very enjoyable. Some great stories from the players. Kendall built a great team spirit.
great watch, it's out a couple of years. Some characters in that team. Brillant stories, wouldn't get away with half the stuff in modern game
nil satis nisi optimum

Jim Bob