The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 27, 2009, 10:46:14 PM
Harry defiantly back in form
Next season could be huge for him,could see him winning a major or two
he still can't putt, he'll win nothing (major) whilst that continues (of course he's got a great chance next week in the dunhill links).

Hound

Quote from: Bogball XV on September 27, 2009, 11:56:00 PM
he still can't putt, he'll win nothing (major) whilst that continues (of course he's got a great chance next week in the dunhill links).
Rubbish. Harrington is one of the best putters around. On Saturday the yank commentators agreed he was the best putter on tour in the crucial 6 to 10 foot range.

Orior

That new swing from Harrington - it looks awful, but seems to be effective.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Billys Boots

He still misses a lot of fairways Orior.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

gerrykeegan

Quote from: ONeill on September 21, 2009, 07:34:20 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 15, 2009, 08:38:13 AM
Yes we are, I assume thats you breathing heavily down my neck! I can get the smell of the North off you.

You must be feeling the pressure knowing that only for a Week 3 blip when I was on hols and lost out on about 130 points I'd have this sown up. As it is, I have timed it perfectly and the 10-point gap will be wiped out by Friday morning.

Never in doubt! A win for Kenny Perry would have got you close, but I had backed him at 60/1 at the start so would not have been too disapointed. Paddys bogey on 18 brought Kenny P back to 4th so got a few pound back
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: venter on September 21, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
Thanks Gerry.. keep me posted about any nasty letters. My bro bought some clothes on line from america a couple of years ago and he got a nasty bill from customs

I think I will buy that 26% hybrid too. Bloody 4 iron was breaking my heart in Athenry on saturday.

Bad news venter and gerry,I got a bill from Fedex for €22 for the delivery of my Nike Sumo,the club is still works out cheaper than buying it here even with the bill for delivery
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

venter

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 28, 2009, 04:32:39 PM
Thanks Gerry.. keep me posted about any nasty letters. My bro bought some clothes on line from america a couple of years ago and he got a nasty bill from customs

I think I will buy that 26% hybrid too. Bloody 4 iron was breaking my heart in Athenry on saturday.

Bad news venter and gerry,I got a bill from Fedex for €22 for the delivery of my Nike Sumo,the club is still works out cheaper than buying it here even with the bill for delivery

Hi Laoislad. Did you just get the one club? ie you paid 22euro on the Nike sumo only. Thats steep enough but still miles cheaper than what you pay at home im sure.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: venter on September 29, 2009, 05:54:44 PM

Hi Laoislad. Did you just get the one club? ie you paid 22euro on the Nike sumo only. Thats steep enough but still miles cheaper than what you pay at home im sure.

Yeah just the one club,but it still works out cheaper
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 28, 2009, 09:33:28 AM
Quote from: ONeill on September 21, 2009, 07:34:20 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 15, 2009, 08:38:13 AM
Yes we are, I assume thats you breathing heavily down my neck! I can get the smell of the North off you.

You must be feeling the pressure knowing that only for a Week 3 blip when I was on hols and lost out on about 130 points I'd have this sown up. As it is, I have timed it perfectly and the 10-point gap will be wiped out by Friday morning.

Never in doubt! A win for Kenny Perry would have got you close, but I had backed him at 60/1 at the start so would not have been too disapointed. Paddys bogey on 18 brought Kenny P back to 4th so got a few pound back

Congrats. You had my ass on a plate.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Would it fit on a plate? Looking forward to next year.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 29, 2009, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: venter on September 29, 2009, 05:54:44 PM

Yeah just the one club,but it still works out cheaper
got my bill today i paid 36 euros i bought the hybred and a pair of shades. Still worth it.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Hound on September 28, 2009, 07:39:38 AM
Quote from: Bogball XV on September 27, 2009, 11:56:00 PM
Rubbish. Harrington is one of the best putters around. On Saturday the yank commentators agreed he was the best putter on tour in the crucial 6 to 10 foot range.
then the yank commentator was simply talking about harrington's ability to putt from the crucial 6-10 ft range, or he was talking shite.  Harrington won 3 majors because he was a fantastic putter, easily one of the best in the world.  Last year Harrington finished 5th in putts per gir (us stats), this year he lies in 95th position.  Whilst his total putts per round is still quite low, that's because he is playing well and peppering the pin with his approaches.  Apparently, and I can't find the stat for this, his total putting feet (which measures the total distance of holed putts) is one of the lowest on tour this year (or so I heard some yank commentator say last week too).  You only have to look at the tournament 2 before last, where he didn't make a putt longer than ten feet over the fours days, but still managed joint 2nd/3rd.

ONeill

Bit of value tomorrow for the final round.

McIlroy 5-2
Donald 3-1
Dyson 9-2
Clarke 10-1
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 09, 2009, 12:39:49 PM
Shane Lowry shot an excellent 2 under par 69 today at Loch Lomond.

Lowry is currently -8 for the day in Spain some round