Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 02, 2017, 09:55:50 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 02, 2017, 09:00:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 02, 2017, 08:46:03 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 02, 2017, 08:16:11 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 02, 2017, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on July 02, 2017, 05:41:29 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on July 01, 2017, 11:31:15 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on July 01, 2017, 11:27:09 PM

Our shooting in the 2nd half, dear oh dear. Paddy Durcan's point to bring it back to the minimum was the key score. Seemed to calm everyone down. Hopefully it's just a one game ban for him, anyone know for sure? In his defense, he was being held and was trying to break free. Still a red card though.

What was it for?

Striking generally tends to be a 1 match ban. Durcan would be a huge loss for Mayo right now as he's one of the few players in the side who has pace at the minute.

I'm sure Lenny will be along shortly now to be outraged at the behaviour of his men.

Correct, that's disgusting behaviour and i couldn't condone it at all even though he's a clubmate of my own. He should miss Derry's next 2 or 3 games for that.  It would be nice if you tyrone boys could condemn your disgusting behaviour when it occurs as it has done frequently over the years instead of your constant whataboutery.

Bit rich when you failed to condemn Enda Lynn after his dive 3 years ago.

Typical from the man who couldn't condemn mccann for his disgusting theatrical playacting. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the lynn incident wasn't clear at all from the tv coverage and the angles shown. He also didn't go to ground, he went down on one knee, completely different from mccanns repulsive actions.

Well that's a lie. I've condemned McCann in the past for his dive, all it served to do was embarrass himself. You have been asked to condemn Lynn previously and decided not to, your faux outrage was noted and pedaling untruths is your response.
Lads Compareing This to diving is just stupid
is it any wonder Diarmuid connoly  feels hard done by . if that picture was in the papers of him gouging he'd get a 6 month ban and miles of newsprint condemning him . but as derry are out and no longer news nobody esp RTE care what he did. they say they don't have footage , so that's that them .
now lets see if the CCCC etc are really independent or just a PR Committee reacting to the Sunday game
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Ballaghman

Quote from: galwayman on July 02, 2017, 09:08:15 PM
I've never really understood the talk about Stephen Coen all the way up from underage.
I've seen him play a fair few times now and he never really impressed me.
He seemed to lack a bit of pace and dynamism from the half back line to my eyes anyway.
Keegan Boyle Durcan are all much better players than him so he's not worthy of a spot there.
Playing him then as a forward was a bizarre decision.
Rochford has made a lot of strange calls in his time in charge so far.
Coen is still a work in progress at senior level but if you watched last years U21 final alone you'd understand what he brings. He was immense that day and his leadership qualities, intelligence and good use of the ball are what set him apart from most. I think he'll be a top class number 6 one day but he's not ready yet it seems. Playing him at wing forward doesn't allow him to show what he does best but it's all part of his learning and development, he isn't a flyer and he's not a finisher but he's a good ball winner and reads breaks well. We're crying out for blooding new lads in in Mayo, well playing Coen (slightly out of position) is part of that. I don't think we'll see him playing wing forward if we reach Croke Park though.

westbound

Quote from: rosnarun on July 03, 2017, 10:53:06 AM

Our shooting in the 2nd half, dear oh dear. Paddy Durcan's point to bring it back to the minimum was the key score. Seemed to calm everyone down. Hopefully it's just a one game ban for him, anyone know for sure? In his defense, he was being held and was trying to break free. Still a red card though.

What was it for?

Striking generally tends to be a 1 match ban. Durcan would be a huge loss for Mayo right now as he's one of the few players in the side who has pace at the minute.

I'm sure Lenny will be along shortly now to be outraged at the behaviour of his men.

Correct, that's disgusting behaviour and i couldn't condone it at all even though he's a clubmate of my own. He should miss Derry's next 2 or 3 games for that.  It would be nice if you tyrone boys could condemn your disgusting behaviour when it occurs as it has done frequently over the years instead of your constant whataboutery.

Typical from the man who couldn't condemn mccann for his disgusting theatrical playacting. I've said it before and i'll say it again, the lynn incident wasn't clear at all from the tv coverage and the angles shown. He also didn't go to ground, he went down on one knee, completely different from mccanns repulsive actions.

Well that's a lie. I've condemned McCann in the past for his dive, all it served to do was embarrass himself. You have been asked to condemn Lynn previously and decided not to, your faux outrage was noted and pedaling untruths is your response.
is it any wonder Diarmuid connoly  feels hard done by . if that picture was in the papers of him gouging he'd get a 6 month ban and miles of newsprint condemning him . but as derry are out and no longer news nobody esp RTE care what he did. they say they don't have footage , so that's that them .
now lets see if the CCCC etc are really independent or just a PR Committee reacting to the Sunday game

Isn't it the case that photo evidence is not permitted in a review by CCCC and that only video evidence is permitted to be used?

If that is the case and if there is no footage, what are the CCCC supposed to do?

I agree the photo looks terrible.
Eye gouging seems to be creeping into the game and needs to be clamped down on asap!

Hardy

Quote from: westbound on July 03, 2017, 11:03:02 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on July 03, 2017, 10:53:06 AM

What was it for?

Isn't it the case that photo evidence is not permitted in a review by CCCC and that only video evidence is permitted to be used?

If that is the case and if there is no footage, what are the CCCC supposed to do?

I agree the photo looks terrible.
Eye gouging seems to be creeping into the game and needs to be clamped down on asap!

Yes, and rightly so. A still photo is not evidence of any action.

Farrandeelin

I honestly thought after 65 minutes that that was the end of the road. Wides galore, afraid to take the shot on, hitting the post and bar 4 or 5 times... Fair play to Loftus for taking a superb goal so soon after coming on.

Not sure et will have brought Mayo on tbh. It might be a downfall, playing extra minutes, Durcan getting a stupud red, Keegan hobbling off. Performance MUST improve in the forwards, not sure if it will though. Full back is a worry again. Seems to be back at square one there. Still in it, just...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.