Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: under the bar on July 17, 2009, 10:11:59 AM
Tevez removes any doubt that his choice of club was simply to do with money......

Tevez: I spurned Real move chance
Carlos Tevez has revealed he rejected the chance to join former Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

Instead Tevez opted for a move to Manchester City after his extended loan deal at United ended, signing a lucrative five-year deal at Eastlands.

"Real made an offer but there was no agreement," Tevez told the Nation newspaper during a promotional visit to Abu Dhabi with his new club.

"There were talks about deals and agreements but in the end it was only City. They showed lots of interest in me and are intent on growing and signing big players.

"I am sad to leave United but I am excited to join City. I'm thinking about the future and I will grow with this club."

That's a bit harsh. In fact I'd say its completely untrue.

StGallsGAA

He'd probably have gone to Qatar if they'd offered more than City.

corn02

A Pool fan decyphering an Owen interview.

This is a bit old hat I know, but I wasn't able to get on a computer for a couple of weeks so I just sat there watching SSN, not sure whether to laugh or fume at the blinkered little twat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The player who is NOT injury prone
"If there is one thing that has angered me a bit it is this thing that I am 'injury-prone,'" Owen said. "You constantly read 'he's been plagued with injuries' and things like that but the facts just don't support it.
Michael. In the last four years, you've started 58 league games for Newcastle. That's 58. In four years. On 100K a week. 58. In four years. That's it, keep saying it. Out of 152 league matches, you started 58. In four years. That's about 1 in 3. For a shite team, that got relegated in the end. What's more, how many of those starts were you actually fully match fit for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Ali
"It does irritate me that so many people have doubts," he said. "I played 32 games last season and 33 games in the season before that, for a club that was not in Europe and didn't have any long cup runs. The Premier League season is only 38 games so I think 32 and 33 appearances isn't too bad."
Like a DFS advert. 'only 38 games' eh Michael? You handily throw in fleeting minutes off the bench into those 'appearances'. And that includes for England. And relate it to ' only 38 matches'. Jesus H Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah but no but yeah but no but
"Yes, in the previous two years I was injured but they were nothing to do with being 'injury-prone'
No words are needed there, you utter, utter anus. Other than utter, utter anus of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My agent is Judith Chalmers
If someone jumps on your foot and your metatarsal breaks there's not much you can do. Foolishly I tried to rush back to get back fit for the World Cup in 2006. My knee went and those injuries count for two years.
Yeah, yeah, of course - 'it's not fair because the injury fairy played the trump card and that injury counted double on top of the original injury which meant it counted QUADRUPLE and my Mum said so and then I got an inury again which meant it counted A ZILLION times, so'. There there Michael, there there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Fuckwit
But I don't believe I'm injury-prone. I'm 29 now and I've played over 500 games for club and country, so that says it all
418 total appearances for club and country is the most generous statistic I can find. Ah well, it's all true Michael, if you say so, give or take 100 games. Unless you think that having an operation counts as a game of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ferguson
There's yer contract, son
Is the bit that I found most truly unbelievable.

StGallsGAA

Wonderful news if it comes to pass.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5437985,00.html

Hargreaves eyes Sept return
United midfielder on track with rehabilitation

Owen Hargreaves is aiming to hand Manchester United a boost in January as he steps up his rehabilitation from double knee surgery.

The England international has endured a miserable past 12 months after undergoing two operations to cure a tendinitis problem that has plagued him since his Bayern Munich days.

Although Hargreaves is to play no part in United's pre-season tour of the Far East he is expected to join up with his team-mates in Munich for the Audi Cup at the end of July.

Sir Alex Ferguson is happy with how Hargreaves' rehabilitation has gone to date and is quietly confident his injury nightmare could soon be behind him.

"I think we are looking at the end of September depending on how he reacts," said Ferguson.

"We are happy with his rehabilitation so far and while he won't be ready to play in Munich, he will train with the team"

corn02

Poor Heargraves, makes Owen look like the Iron man. Has had it tough alright.

magpie seanie

If Hargreaves is back and fully fit at the end of September that would be marvellous news. He really is top notch.

EC Unique

Would be a massive boost to get him back. Like a new signing at this stage. I would have my doubts about September and when a player comes back after such a long lay off other problems can arise.

StGallsGAA

QuoteWould be a massive boost to get him back. Like a new signing at this stage. I would have my doubts about September and when a player comes back after such a long lay off other problems can arise.

Like Michael Owen in his 1st game back for England you mean??  :-\

Square Ball

United 2 up, Rooney and the Goat
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

2-1, cracking goal for the XI

gawa316

http://www.justin.tv/fishomaniaxvi/popout

Feckin p***k just turned it over to some fishing programme >:(

gawa316

2 all Foster makes a major f**k up a la Boruc/Robinson

corn02

Quote from: Square Ball on July 18, 2009, 11:14:15 AM
United 2 up, Rooney and the Goat

Excvuse my ignorance, but who is the goat?

Square Ball

gawa316