Irish News Critised for Coverage of NI Soccer

Started by phpearse, April 03, 2007, 10:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

"The BBC then sent TV cameras around to the IN offices to get Noel Doran to explain his papers position."

If they'd be as quick to send camera's to a game it would be more in their line.
   f**king bigoted scumbags >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

deiseach

Quote from: ExiledGael on April 03, 2007, 05:48:01 PM
The Ulster Unionist mayor of the town, William King, said such actions should be left in the past.
"We were hosting a civic reception for Owen Roe on their tremendous success and we're talking about sport here," he said.
"I think for 15 protesters to turn up and stand in front of the main door of the council building and to have to bring the young team in through a side exit was certainly very, very disappointing."

Just thought I'd take time out to applaud the mayor. We don't give The Other enough credit for this kind of gesture.

Elias

The chubby one is on the box at 10:40 bbc1, wonder if this issue will be discussed. Fair play to the Irish News and Paddy Heaney, every point spot on. How hyprotical of the bbc to even have an opinion on the issue.

Just wish I'd got the balls to go and speak my mind on the box  :(

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: deiseach on April 04, 2007, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: ExiledGael on April 03, 2007, 05:48:01 PM
The Ulster Unionist mayor of the town, William King, said such actions should be left in the past.
"We were hosting a civic reception for Owen Roe on their tremendous success and we're talking about sport here," he said.
"I think for 15 protesters to turn up and stand in front of the main door of the council building and to have to bring the young team in through a side exit was certainly very, very disappointing."

Just thought I'd take time out to applaud the mayor. We don't give The Other enough credit for this kind of gesture.

Agreed, let's acknowledge the positives when they occur, good words from William King.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

tyroneboi

f**k that nolan must the most annoying man on the box!! a hateful wee b**tard!!

never kickt a ball

Did you not notice the studio was half empty. He can't even get an audience for his TV programme!!!! Never mind his rantings on Radio Belfast. If I hear once more about heavy traffic at Sandyknowes Roundabout in the morning. Who gives a dam whether Sandy knowes or not :D

As an aside. Apparently Nolan is to tackle Gaelic Life next for its poor reporting on the cricket world cup and blatant bias towards gaelic games.

winsamsoon

The mayor said " It was very very dissapointing" jesus christ you would say that about a bad film you went to see or something. I would give him absolutely no credit for that, that is him trying to portray a sympathetic view to our side, for the media. What he should have said was that this was an absolute disgrace, a blatant show of bigotry and hatred towards the nationalist community. If he said this i would give him praise and not until then. So you could say i am very very dissapointed in the mayor.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

realredhandfan

Babysteps alads, ffs get off your high horses on everything.  The thugs outside where at fault and the guys who didnt turn up voted with their feet too, so lets hope their voters vote with their feet. 

winsamsoon

"Voting with their feet". What is it the christy brown election?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Went onto BBC regional text today and every page on the sport section bar one was devoted to GAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :o

Making a point I wonder?
Tbc....

ziggysego

Ceefax is terrible for GAA news, however the digital version is even worst. An individual game for each local soccer game, but no reference to the GAA at all.
Testing Accessibility