Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: theyellowbus on September 19, 2017, 11:26:49 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:13:09 AM
Quote from: theyellowbus on September 19, 2017, 11:02:03 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
Excellent post theyellowbus.

Free speech has its downsides.

If that was Sligo would you not be in bits? or even your club?
People showing their emotions is human surely

I think you're taking me up incorrectly, perhaps I should have been clearer. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

One of the downsides of free speech is that you have to accept the drivel that that poster comes out with. I use the ignore function only when I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to be gained by interacting with a poster. At that point though it's good to avoid the extra noise.
Apologies i possibly was just trying to hammer home my point. i didn't take you up incorrectly i was just making the point would that not what you would do if Sligo or your club were unfortunately in that situation.
Anyway here's hoping we both have the opposite scenario in the not too distant future.

Believe me - I've been there with the club especially as a player and official and it's just horrible. As a supporter with the county as well we've have many cruel days. The narrow defeats are the worst.

heffo

Quote from: Tubberman on September 19, 2017, 10:39:43 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2017, 10:37:19 AM
In fairness Keegan was lousy to do that. Fair play to Rock for keeping his cool, but Keegan went down in my estimation for doing that. To even think of taking the tracker out of it's slot and throwing it at him is fairly desperate.

That's exactly what it was - desperation.

If it wasn't premediated how did McEntee know to squirrel the unit away on the quiet?

vallankumous

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:40:41 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on September 19, 2017, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:25:01 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2017, 11:14:50 AM
I've never seen somebody throw an object at a lad taking a free before. That's a new one on me.

How can a ref miss it though? If the free was missed it should have been brought forward 13 metres and retaken. It was a daft thing to do as well as very unsporting. Although McQuillan was so bad it seems he missed this as well.
You thought McQuillan had a poor game? Examples?

I don't believe he impacted the result either way but he had a terrible game. Missed the O'Gara incident. Went to Hawkeye twice for two blatantly obvious points because the crowd roared at him. I think both teams had times they should have got frees and times they got soft ones. To me he looked totally lost but considering the pressure he was under with the build up I suppose it's understandable.

Missed a penalty, vaughan was a yellow not a red, give a lot of silly frees.

The sponsors need hawk eye to be used.

RedHand88

I've never seen somebody throw an object at a lad taking a free before. That's a new one on me.

How can a ref miss it though? If the free was missed it should have been brought forward 13 metres and retaken. It was a daft thing to do as well as very unsporting. Although McQuillan was so bad it seems he missed this as well.

I don't believe he impacted the result either way but he had a terrible game. Missed the O'Gara incident. Went to Hawkeye twice for two blatantly obvious points because the crowd roared at him. I think both teams had times they should have got frees and times they got soft ones. To me he looked totally lost but considering the pressure he was under with the build up I suppose it's understandable.

You can blame the umpires for that one. Missed one and it was 10ft above his head! You cant blame McQuillan for that.

Esmarelda

Quote from: vallankumous on September 19, 2017, 11:47:53 AM

Missed a penalty, vaughan was a yellow not a red, give a lot of silly frees.

The sponsors need hawk eye to be used.
I think it's been accepted that it wasn't a penalty under the rules. He was fouled outside the box initially.

Surely it's the umpires that requested the Hawkeye and regardless of the reason, if it had been shown to have gone wide and he gave the point, there'd be the obvious question as to why he didn't use Hawkeye.

There's a case for a yellow for Vaughan but I wouldn't say it was definitely a yellow. He went for the player with his arm above the player's shoulders.

magpie seanie

Vaughan was a red surely? That's the first time I've seen someone claim otherwise.

Ref has to call for Hawkeye. Surely he could see himself they were points but he was like a scared rabbit all day. Petrified of making an error.

mup

Quote from: heffo on September 19, 2017, 11:46:25 AM
In fairness Keegan was lousy to do that. Fair play to Rock for keeping his cool, but Keegan went down in my estimation for doing that. To even think of taking the tracker out of it's slot and throwing it at him is fairly desperate.

If it wasn't premediated how did McEntee know to squirrel the unit away on the quiet?

Were O'Gara's fingers squirrelled away somewhere on the quiet too?

heffo

Quote from: mup on September 19, 2017, 11:55:55 AM

Yawn with the whataboutery.

Boyle is no choirboy - if O'Gara is found guilty of some offence he should do a spell on the sidelines accordingly.

Those calling Vaughan's running clothes line a yellow card really need to get a grip of themselves.

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:53:31 AM
Vaughan was a red surely? That's the first time I've seen someone claim otherwise.

Ref has to call for Hawkeye. Surely he could see himself they were points but he was like a scared rabbit all day. Petrified of making an error.
A bad thing?

vallankumous

It was a yellow card. it was upgraded to red because it was an All Ireland final with the world watching the referee.
if it had have been any other game it would have been yellow.

If the ref give the initial foul advantage then the game was in play. The next foul happened inside the area. It wasn't a case of bringing it back as the advantage didn't materialize, it was another foul. Penalty.

mup

Quote from: heffo on September 19, 2017, 11:58:36 AM

Boyle is no choirboy - if O'Gara is found guilty of some offence he should do a spell on the sidelines accordingly.

Those calling Vaughan's running clothes line a yellow card really need to get a grip of themselves.

Whataboutery indeed. I'm not calling anyone choirboys. But you coming on here taking the high moral ground on stuff that takes place on the field is laughable. Or whataboutery if you prefer.

You have history in making up accusations on these pages without backing anything up so it's hard to take you seriously.

AZOffaly

Vaughans? Ah no, I have to disagree. It was a red. Running in like that, arm up, and hit a lad across the shoulder/neck/jaw area. You're asking for it.

heffo

Quote from: mup on September 19, 2017, 12:05:59 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 19, 2017, 11:58:36 AM

Whataboutery indeed. I'm not calling anyone choirboys. But you coming on here taking the high moral ground on stuff that takes place on the field is laughable. Or whataboutery if you prefer.

You have history in making up accusations on these pages without backing anything up so it's hard to take you seriously.

I'm not taking any moral high ground - both sides were as bad as each other. A poster claimed it was an act of desperation yet Tony McEntee pocketed the tracker without questions.

What unsubstantiated accusations are these?

vallankumous

Quote from: heffo on September 19, 2017, 12:08:21 PM

I'm not taking any moral high ground - both sides were as bad as each other. A poster claimed it was an act of desperation yet Tony McEntee pocketed the tracker without questions.

What unsubstantiated accusations are these?

I don't get how McEntee lifting the tracker means it wasn't an act of desperation?

theyellowbus

Ref was poor overall and made some calls which weren't just marginal.

Dublin's free before half time after kilkenny ran into his own man was an extremely harsh free and 9 out of ten refs wouldn't give it.
He bottled the penalty call no foul occurred outside the square it happened inside.he made no hand signal to say he was giving advantage thus suggesting no foul had been committed in the first place outside the square.
Free against fitzsimons was harsh IMO didn't matter in the end but i would find it hard to believe most refs would give it.
There was series of play where the ball was fouled four times (two a piece) in the second half within a forty second spell including a mayo player handling the ball clearly on the ground and a Dublin player throwing the ball and none were pulled.
Vaughan was red card all day long when you lead with the shoulder and you come within the region of a players head which he did its a red card.
Pure insanity on Vaughans part.