All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Rationality doesn't come into at that stage AZ. I can understand why Keegan flipped.  Too much frustration and desperation in that moment - he knew the game was up and another AI slipped away. It would test anyone's self control.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Armamike on September 19, 2017, 10:42:56 AM
Rationality doesn't come into at that stage AZ. I can understand why Keegan flipped.  Too much frustration and desperation in that moment - he knew the game was up and another AI slipped away. It would test anyone's self control.

I know sure. I wouldn't be calling him names, or insulting his seed and breed or anything like that, but it was still disappointing to see. Even the way he threw it was fairly sneaky. I'm sure he's not proud of it himself.

Imagine if Rock missed because of it? There'd be war.

Or imagine if a Dub did that to Cillian O'Connor? Facebook would have to close down!

The Gs Man

I would have dropped an ACME anvil on Rock's head if it meant I had the chance at winning an All-Ireland.
Keep 'er lit

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Gs Man on September 19, 2017, 10:49:02 AM
I would have dropped an ACME anvil on Rock's head if it meant I had the chance at winning an All-Ireland.

OK Wile. E. Coyote.

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

theyellowbus

Pure frustration on keegans part but was he right to do it no.
If i was his teammate though and Rock missed the free and we went down and got a score would i care?
Possibly not.

theyellowbus

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 10:26:03 AM
Excellent post theyellowbus.

Free speech has its downsides.

If that was Sligo would you not be in bits? or even your club?
People showing their emotions is human surely

magpie seanie

Quote from: theyellowbus on September 19, 2017, 11:02:03 AM

I think you're taking me up incorrectly, perhaps I should have been clearer. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

One of the downsides of free speech is that you have to accept the drivel that that poster comes out with. I use the ignore function only when I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to be gained by interacting with a poster. At that point though it's good to avoid the extra noise.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2017, 10:47:09 AM
Quote from: Armamike on September 19, 2017, 10:42:56 AM

I know sure. I wouldn't be calling him names, or insulting his seed and breed or anything like that, but it was still disappointing to see. Even the way he threw it was fairly sneaky. I'm sure he's not proud of it himself.

Imagine if Rock missed because of it? There'd be war.

Or imagine if a Dub did that to Cillian O'Connor? Facebook would have to close down!

Was it any lousier than the Dublin player, Costello?? who kicked all the balls at the side of the Mayo goals away in the build up to the free to ensure that Mayo couldn't kick the ball out quickly.

The dark arts have long been practiced in sport and are usually fairly well shared out between teams

AZOffaly

I've never seen somebody throw an object at a lad taking a free before. That's a new one on me.

vallankumous

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2017, 11:14:50 AM
I've never seen somebody throw an object at a lad taking a free before. That's a new one on me.

he was trying to dupe the statisticians

magpie seanie

How can a ref miss it though? If the free was missed it should have been brought forward 13 metres and retaken. It was a daft thing to do as well as very unsporting. Although McQuillan was so bad it seems he missed this as well.

theyellowbus

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:13:09 AM
Quote from: theyellowbus on September 19, 2017, 11:02:03 AM

I think you're taking me up incorrectly, perhaps I should have been clearer. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

One of the downsides of free speech is that you have to accept the drivel that that poster comes out with. I use the ignore function only when I'm sure there's absolutely nothing to be gained by interacting with a poster. At that point though it's good to avoid the extra noise.
Apologies i possibly was just trying to hammer home my point. i didn't take you up incorrectly i was just making the point would that not what you would do if Sligo or your club were unfortunately in that situation.
Anyway here's hoping we both have the opposite scenario in the not too distant future.

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:25:01 AM

How can a ref miss it though? If the free was missed it should have been brought forward 13 metres and retaken. It was a daft thing to do as well as very unsporting. Although McQuillan was so bad it seems he missed this as well.
You thought McQuillan had a poor game? Examples?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 19, 2017, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 19, 2017, 11:25:01 AM

You thought McQuillan had a poor game? Examples?

I don't believe he impacted the result either way but he had a terrible game. Missed the O'Gara incident. Went to Hawkeye twice for two blatantly obvious points because the crowd roared at him. I think both teams had times they should have got frees and times they got soft ones. To me he looked totally lost but considering the pressure he was under with the build up I suppose it's understandable.