10.Fintan Cregg
11.Enda Smith
12.Ciaran Murtagh
13.Diarmuid Murtagh
14.Cathal Shine
15.Ultan Harney

Rossfan

DARRAGH O'Malley not on the panel.
Cathal Cregg and Collins probably won't be.
John McManus will be on it because......ya know yer self.
Anyway shouldn't  you be picking the Rhubarb first 15.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 06, 2017, 11:30:23 PM

In fairness if Jhon Mac wasn't on it we'd be at the stage of asking Francie to tog out.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on January 06, 2017, 11:30:23 PM

I don't know myself.. care to explain your John McManus comment.

Rossfan

PadraicHenryPearse

Rossfan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 06, 2017, 11:43:49 PM
not surprised pretty typical of you.

Playing the man not the ball I see.
Most people in Roscommon wouldn't  have John McManus on the panel as he's just not good enough.

PadraicHenryPearse

If you explained your comment then i could play the ball.

I don't know how you know the thoughts of most people in Roscommon?

We do not have big or strong choice of backs to pick from, I don't believe John is to far from any of the other backs and i don't believe his selection is based on who his father is like you alluded to but are afraid to say.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 06, 2017, 11:52:48 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 06, 2017, 11:43:49 PM
not surprised pretty typical of you.

Playing the man not the ball I see.
Most people in Roscommon wouldn't  have John McManus on the panel as he's just not good enough.

I don't really see who isn't on the panel that any better than John Mac. The two Dalys are about it and it isn't for football reasons they're not there. You can argue if he should start but the lad being on the panel isn't really in question in my mind. We've had lads with a lot less ability on the panel in the past.

Rossfan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 06, 2017, 11:59:48 PM

We do not have big or strong choice of backs to pick from, I don't believe John is to far from any of the other backs and i don't believe his selection is based on who his father is like you alluded to but are afraid to say.
We'll have feck all good backs but JMcM is not a County footballer. Yet he started every Championship match in 2016 despite being obviously not good enough.
We have 2 very good players not on the panel because McStay has taken the hump over them going to America last year. I can understand him putting the younger in his place for jumping ship in late May but Conor had told them early he was going for the Summer.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on January 07, 2017, 12:14:48 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 06, 2017, 11:59:48 PM

We'll have feck all good backs but JMcM is not a County footballer. Yet he started every Championship match in 2016 despite being obviously not good enough.
We have 2 very good players not on the panel because McStay has taken the hump over them going to America last year. I can understand him putting the younger in his place for jumping ship in late May but Conor had told them early he was going for the Summer.

I disagree we do not have stenght in depth in the backs. Is there any other member of the panel not county standard in your opinion?

other than most people in Roscommon know mcstay has taken the hump with the dalys is there any other evidence of this?

Cunny Funt

What do we have here?

A Mayo man picking a first choice Roscommon team for 2017 with some players that probably won't make themselves available for selection. Then a few rossies arguing who is or isn't a county standard defender even though a top defender would struggle to perform well in a Roscommon defence with no system or little structure.

vallankumous

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 07, 2017, 12:58:42 AM
What do we have here?

A Mayo man picking a first choice Roscommon team for 2017 with some players that probably won't make themselves available for selection. Then a few rossies arguing who is or isn't a county standard defender even though a top defender would struggle to perform well in a Roscommon defence with no system or little structure.

Who'd have thunk it?