Russian Ambassador to Turkey murdered live on TV

Started by Boycey, December 19, 2016, 05:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: vallankumous on December 23, 2016, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2016, 11:20:43 AM
The main suspect in the German attack has been shot dead.
He visited an ISIS affoliated mosque after the attack. WTF are the Germans doing allowing such an institution to exist?

What is the criteria for affiliation?
Preaching material I imagine

vallankumous

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2016, 12:40:03 PM

Preaching material I imagine

I'd imagine it's not. I'd imagine someone is making up whatever they want.
If this guy is ISIS then it may be any mosque he visited now has an ISIS link. As does any Starbucks he may have visited.

seafoid

They were following him for a while so presumably they know

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

vallankumous

Quote from: seafoid on December 23, 2016, 01:00:42 PM

Could  unexplained ISIS afilliated mosques in Germany be a bigger threat than YouTube?

seafoid

Quote from: vallankumous on December 23, 2016, 03:12:10 PM

Could  unexplained ISIS afilliated mosques in Germany be a bigger threat than YouTube?
The ones in Molenbeek are

RealSpiritof98

Is it any wonder we the people are being led by the hand to a third world war with statements like that. In other news Sky News has just bought 20th Century Fox.

vallankumous

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 24, 2016, 09:12:22 AM

Is it any wonder we the people are being led by the hand to a third world war with statements like that. In other news Sky News has just bought 20th Century Fox.

Does a war have to happen in Europe before it is a World War?

There are an almighty amount of Countries across the world involved in war just east of Europe. Do they need to be flying fighter jets over Turkey and Greece before it's a World War?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: vallankumous on December 24, 2016, 09:52:16 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 24, 2016, 09:12:22 AM

Does a war have to happen in Europe before it is a World War?

There are an almighty amount of Countries across the world involved in war just east of Europe. Do they need to be flying fighter jets over Turkey and Greece before it's a World War?

Although all the conflicts are linked or based around similar grievances, they are not all fighting a common enemy, a la Axis v Allies. The Syrian Civil War will continue regardless of events in Libya and Yemen for example. It would be considered a world war if there were two clear sides fighting in all the same countries. I suppose you could say that America is one, but they don't have a huge ground presence and officially don't take part in any infantry battles.

vallankumous

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 24, 2016, 11:32:38 AM

Although all the conflicts are linked or based around similar grievances, they are not all fighting a common enemy, a la Axis v Allies. The Syrian Civil War will continue regardless of events in Libya and Yemen for example. It would be considered a world war if there were two clear sides fighting in all the same countries. I suppose you could say that America is one, but they don't have a huge ground presence and officially don't take part in any infantry battles.

Infantry battles were in the 1940s. We've moved on.
There is a common enemy they just don't have a common tag.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: vallankumous on December 24, 2016, 11:36:41 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 24, 2016, 11:32:38 AM

Infantry battles were in the 1940s. We've moved on.
There is a common enemy they just don't have a common tag.

Also Afghanistan/Iraq in the past 10 years, Korea, Vietnam, the Malvinas, here, and every war in the Middle East at the minute. Maybe my military terminology isn't up to scratch - by infantry battles I mean troops engaging in contact that aren't in tanks/LAVs/planes/ships.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea