Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on July 05, 2017, 10:30:47 PM
What was the point in having a hard stance with transfers at the start of the year if you are just going to give it in the end anyway, I dont understand how these lads are still in there jobs, they have overseen and been responsible for more controversies in their reign than probably been seen in the last 30 years in Laois. In a county like Laois no adult transfers should be given, the county isnt exactly that big to be fair. Either make it total zero tolerance or open it completely because theres too many holes in the laws at the moment.

Lets be honest if the Kingstons and Daly were with Barrowhouse you could basically swap Killen and Barrowhouses positions on the club ladder
To be fair i dont think it was the CB who ratified this transfer or the hurling transfer.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

What a farce. It looks like the CB did more harm than good with their intervention. The Barrowhouse club is getting a raw deal out of this, and its members now have to watch three footballers going to other clubs to play their football. It's obvious reading the above that Daly did all the running and Josephs backed it, as any club would in the same circumstances. The CB have seriously let down Barrowhouse with their failed intervention. They have also failed as a Board to put in place a provision that ensures Senior football is available to everyone whilst simultaneously allowing a lad to stay with his home club. All in all, another embarrassing episode. If this was going on elsewhere, heads would be rolling. What has happened here could be the difference between Barrowhouse staying up or going down. If they do go down, they could argue that Daly wouldn't have got the transfer but for the CB's failed intervention. Interesting stuff

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on July 06, 2017, 08:57:20 AMDaly did all the running and Josephs backed it, as any club would in the same circumstances.
Not true. Clubs have told lads to feck off before. I know of cases where lads have been politely told to stay where they are. Decent players too.
Joseph's have been lousy here to a club that propped up their underage teams for years.

Laois fan

Giving him a fake address is hardly doing nothing,also do you not think his mates from joesphs were not constantly encouraging him to transfer.One thing for sure its going to make them alot stronger

High Fielder

Quote from: SCFC on July 06, 2017, 11:46:15 AM
Quote from: High Fielder on July 06, 2017, 08:57:20 AMDaly did all the running and Josephs backed it, as any club would in the same circumstances.
Not true. Clubs have told lads to feck off before. I know of cases where lads have been politely told to stay where they are. Decent players too.
Joseph's have been lousy here to a club that propped up their underage teams for years.

If the rule was implemented properly when the Kingstons transferred, none of this would happen. Now it's open season in my opinion. You can't allow one and not another. I don't blame Josephs because it's been done before and it will be done again. Fair play to any club who turned a lad away on principle, but there's too much underhanded stuff going on in Laois. If you don't play the game, chances are you get left behind. Daly wanted to play with Jospehs. Always bear that in mind before having a go at Jospehs

Laois fan

If the rule was implemented properly when the Kingstons transferred, none of this would happen. Now it's open season in my opinion. You can't allow one and not another. I don't blame Josephs because it's been done before and it will be done again. Fair play to any club who turned a lad away on principle, but there's too much underhanded stuff going on in Laois. If you don't play the game, chances are you get left behind. Daly wanted to play with Jospehs. Always bear that in mind before having a go at Jospehs
Alot of players would like to play for plaois doesnt mean they can

High Fielder

Daly wanted to play for Josephs. He got his wish. What's your point?

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on July 06, 2017, 02:01:03 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on July 06, 2017, 01:01:28 PM

None of which excuses Joseph's behaviour. They have screwed a club that was very good to them over the years.

BallyroanAbu

Arles/barrowhouse coming to a pitch near you. 

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 06, 2017, 02:30:31 PM
Arles/barrowhouse coming to a pitch near you.
It's already in place at underage level, isn't it? Na Fianna or something like that

High Fielder

Quote from: SCFC on July 06, 2017, 02:11:45 PM

None of which excuses Joseph's behaviour. They have screwed a club that was very good to them over the years.

Do you feel the same about every transfer? Or just this one? Is it of for instance ok for Ballinakill to take Lir McDonald?

SCFC

Quote from: High Fielder on July 06, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: SCFC on July 06, 2017, 02:11:45 PM

Do you feel the same about every transfer? Or just this one? Is it of for instance ok for Ballinakill to take Lir McDonald?
Honestly don't know much about that case. But where the original club objects to transfer, I'd generally side with them. A genuine change of address is fair enough, I'd have thought.

High Fielder

In the three cases spoken about in relation to Barrowhouse, there will be no physical change of address. That is a fact. Your ire should be directed at the CB for allowing the initial transfer. They opened the can of worms

The Monument Road

Not alone is this transfer debatable the Kingstons transfer is also debatable, as is the two transfers to Kileen last year from Spink, Dunphy and kelly, This chap who transferred from St Josephs to Ballinakill is also very debatable. Anyone remember the Bowe, Langton and ramsbottom transfers from Park to stradbally.That was very debateable back then although we didnt have social media those days. Can anyone tell me the difference between Dalys transfer and the above mentioned.Id like if those who are so vocal about Dalys to comment.