Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

He wanted to go there. He played all his juvenile football with Josephs. Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? No, they didn't. When he said he wanted to play for them, they backed him. There's a lot wrong in this case but Josephs took a good player in just like every other club would. Good players will always find it hard to progress in a small club. If it benefitted one of the CB members' clubs, there would be access to senior football for all. Kerry have been doing it for years

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on July 05, 2017, 09:24:34 AM
Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? No, they didn't.

If it benefitted one of the CB members' clubs, there would be access to senior football for all.
Both of this makes me laugh.

Pablo Escobar

He wanted to go there. He played all his juvenile football with Josephs. Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? No, they didn't. When he said he wanted to play for them, they backed him. There's a lot wrong in this case but Josephs took a good player in just like every other club would. Good players will always find it hard to progress in a small club. If it benefitted one of the CB members' clubs, there would be access to senior football for all. Kerry have been doing it for years

You are a joke . This transfer is rotten to the core. Josephs gave him a address  in a derelict house and you have the cheek to say ye didn't pursue it aggressively.

The Monument Road

Not going to get involved in slagging matches with posters(who are obviously  interested parties)  on this subject. In fairness and in my memory  transfers in Laois have caused many a debate and this case is no different. The rights and wrongs are varied and debatable but whats the difference between this transfer and any other transfer that was given.This year a player transferred from his home club (junior hurling) to a senior hurling club. Some high profile county players have in the recent past transferred  from a junior club to senior club. I could name at least 20 or more that i know of. Its been going on for years now and until the GAA sets rules/regulations that cannot be contested transfers will always happen. None of us can accuse any club/player of covert activities as we do not know the players situation regarding where he/she live or work. The rules and conditions are there and if a player seeking the transfer can satisfy those conditions they will get their transfer. Obviously the player fulfilled those conditions at the deciding forum.

Toomanygaels

He wanted to go there. He played all his juvenile football with Josephs. Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? No, they didn't. When he said he wanted to play for them, they backed him. There's a lot wrong in this case but Josephs took a good player in just like every other club would. Good players will always find it hard to progress in a small club. If it benefitted one of the CB members' clubs, there would be access to senior football for all. Kerry have been doing it for yearsGaa programmes

He wanted to go. That's not a justifiable reason for anyone to get a transfer.
He played all his juvenile football with St Joseph's!!! That's not a fact. St Joseph's haven't had a Juvenile team from U14 up for more than 10 years. So how could he have. St Joseph's have played with a gaels team which involved St Joseph's and barrowhouse player's called St Joseph's/Barrowhouse.

Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? YES they very much did from what I am hearing. They had some very prominent members fighting his case over the last few weeks at the hearings. That to me is totally wrong.

SCFC

This stinks. Lousy of Joseph's tbh.
Good players will rise to the top anyway. Being an intermediate club player never stopped Tadhg fennin, niall Donoher, donal Miller, Liam harnan, Lee Keegan to name just a few.

High Fielder

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on July 05, 2017, 12:47:48 PM

You are a joke . This transfer is rotten to the core. Josephs gave him a address  in a derelict house and you have the cheek to say ye didn't pursue it aggressively.

All transfers require an address. The Kingstons have one and still live in Barrowhouse - as you probably know only too well. Truth be told, nothing could be turned down after the KIngstons. That's as illegal as it gets. Brian Daly wanted to play for Josephs and not Barrowhouse. My understanding is that he instigated this move. Josephs backed it.

High Fielder

Quote from: Don Draper on July 05, 2017, 12:02:11 PM
Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? No, they didn't.

If it benefitted one of the CB members' clubs, there would be access to senior football for all.
Both of this makes me laugh.

Both true. Nobody gives a shite what happens to Barrowhouse

The Monument Road

I have a gut feeling that a couple of posters who are in turmoil over this transfer are not actually Barrowhouse people at all. My suspicions are they are from a  club who are presently organising their future and that may include an invitation to Barrowhouse to join them. This transfer has slightly upset their plans.....

HURLING1

Most or all of the contentious transfers  would be avoided if the CB gained access for all players to Senior Hurling or Football. As an earlier poster pointed out it works perfectly in  Kerry amongst other counties

The Monument Road

Quote from: HURLING1 on July 05, 2017, 03:18:21 PM
Most or all of the contentious transfers  would be avoided if the CB gained access for all players to Senior Hurling or Football. As an earlier poster pointed out it works perfectly in  Kerry amongst other counties
Well said...

The Monument Road

Quote from: Toomanygaels on July 05, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
He wanted to go there. He played all his juvenile football with Josephs. Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? No, they didn't. When he said he wanted to play for them, they backed him. There's a lot wrong in this case but Josephs took a good player in just like every other club would. Good players will always find it hard to progress in a small club. If it benefitted one of the CB members' clubs, there would be access to senior football for all. Kerry have been doing it for yearsGaa programmes

He wanted to go. That's not a justifiable reason for anyone to get a transfer.
He played all his juvenile football with St Joseph's!!! That's not a fact. St Joseph's haven't had a Juvenile team from U14 up for more than 10 years. So how could he have. St Joseph's have played with a gaels team which involved St Joseph's and barrowhouse player's called St Joseph's/Barrowhouse.

Did Josephs aggressively pursue him? YES they very much did from what I am hearing. They had some very prominent members fighting his case over the last few weeks at the hearings. That to me is totally wrong.
Bit of advice.Believe half of what you see and nothing what you hear.

O moore parklife

How long will it take to make official I assume he will be ready for the first round of championship? ??

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 05, 2017, 01:58:49 PM
.This year a player transferred from his home club (junior hurling) to a senior hurling club.

Who?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbbey

What was the point in having a hard stance with transfers at the start of the year if you are just going to give it in the end anyway, I dont understand how these lads are still in there jobs, they have overseen and been responsible for more controversies in their reign than probably been seen in the last 30 years in Laois. In a county like Laois no adult transfers should be given, the county isnt exactly that big to be fair. Either make it total zero tolerance or open it completely because theres too many holes in the laws at the moment.

Lets be honest if the Kingstons and Daly were with Barrowhouse you could basically swap Killen and Barrowhouses positions on the club ladder