Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Quote from: Downtheroad on March 07, 2017, 11:52:51 AM
Slieve Bloom transfer to Portlaoise was refused

Only right!
LAOIS ABÚ

High Fielder

What is the criteria for refusing a transfer?

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on March 07, 2017, 01:43:56 PM
Depends on the reason for requesting the transfer.

border

Conor Quinlan's transfer turned down as well I hear.

Helix

So what happens next so if a person doesn't hurl with club for a year? Are they granted a transfer or just tied down unless an intercounty transfer. There was about 4-5 Kyle transfer requests (not sure if underage players). Hopefully Kyle can stay afloat.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Downtheroad

Quote from: Don Draper on March 07, 2017, 02:04:08 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on March 07, 2017, 01:43:56 PM
Depends on the reason for requesting the transfer.
There is a bit of a black art associated with transfers up and down the country and Laois is no different.  Normally within the county the Co Board favours the current club which is understandable but that's not always the case as happened with a few high profile requests down Arles way a few years back. I note Kevin Bergin did not get his transfer either. The Daly request from Barrowhouse to St Josephs was also turned down.  All of this fine provided that the Co Board are consistent in their approach. 

honest hurler

i suppose we all blame the player for moving camp but really you would want to know the reason behind a player like quinlan and conroy moving from i suppose the clubs they looked up to from under age there is no winners in this

Keyser Söze

Interesting to turn down transfers IF an address was produced and proof of residence there (whether real or not!). I can't see how you can be stopped from moving to hurl with the club where you reside!
Not saying I agree with these or any transfers internally, especially in a small county like Laois where distance is rarely an issue.

Also the "standing down for one year" is a myth. Your club is your club and remains so until such time as you are granted a transfer.
You can transfer out of the county easily enough.
But if you wish to return to that county within 2 years you must go back to the club you came from!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 07, 2017, 05:26:05 PM
Interesting to turn down transfers IF an address was produced and proof of residence there (whether real or not!). I can't see how you can be stopped from moving to hurl with the club where you reside!
Not saying I agree with these or any transfers internally, especially in a small county like Laois where distance is rarely an issue.

Also the "standing down for one year" is a myth. Your club is your club and remains so until such time as you are granted a transfer.
But if you wish to return to that county within 2 years you must go back to the club you came from!

Lower Ballyadams is a lovely spot I hear

Ballyroan Abbey

Martin Scullys was also refused i hear

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on March 07, 2017, 06:07:27 PM

No idea what this means!

SCFC

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 07, 2017, 06:55:32 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on March 07, 2017, 06:07:27 PM

No idea what this means!

It's the address used by Daly to try get his transfer to Josephs. Bad form of Josephs.

HURLING1

No winners, players, clubs or County. I sometimes think this club championship is more trouble than its worth
.If it didn't exist and we allowed  the single player rule to neighbouring senior club and also be able to play for your own club would be great for all involved.

hurlingmad

Very strong stance refusing Conroys transfer as usually from what i understood is that transfers arent refused if you are living in the catchment area like *ahem* Darren Gilmartin living and working in Camross. That transfer was granted based on the "proof" he provided after Kyle objected to his transfer

Keyser Söze

Be interesting too see what Conroy and Slieve Bloom's next move is?