Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

I know junior I was curious to see anyone below that.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

HURLING1

I  think  Ben Conroy went in from a senior club to intercounty hurling.

redsetanta

Maybe Slieve Margy will provide a hurler or two from the junior grade in a few years iff they stay going. Already providing hurlers to underage panels.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Helix

Quote from: redsetanta on February 21, 2017, 10:00:08 PM
Maybe Slieve Margy will provide a hurler or two from the junior grade in a few years iff they stay going. Already providing hurlers to underage panels.

The gaels route with ballinakill at senior is ideal to give the slieve Margy lads a chance. I really hope the club stays afloat in the long term and gets the right supports to sustain it!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

HURLING1

Brilliant opportunity for the Slieve Mary lads, massive step to Senior and would be great if one could make senior panel

Ballyroan Abbey

Was
Quote from: hurlingmad on February 21, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 21, 2017, 06:04:30 PM
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/236410/county-selector-allegedly-told-player-to-leave-club-to-remain-on-laois-panel.html

Hardly a shock but not right all the same

Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois senior panel pre season and opted not to himself. This seems to be an autistic work of fiction by Mark Delaney

He was backed up by ballypickas as well to be fair, realistically if castletown and slieve bloom not joined would ben conroy have played senior, a lot of lads dont like the gales teams but it provides an oppurtunity for players from junior clubs, for instance donnacha harnett was one of the best players in senior b  last year, would not suprise me if a kevin bergin, an mj lalor or cillian mcevoy did likewise this year

Don Draper

http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/sport/236410/county-selector-allegedly-told-player-to-leave-club-to-remain-on-laois-panel.html

Conor Quinlan was asked up to the Laois senior panel pre season and opted not to himself. This seems to be an autistic work of fiction by Mark Delaney
Autistic?

Helix

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 21, 2017, 11:07:38 PM
Was

He was backed up by ballypickas as well to be fair, realistically if castletown and slieve bloom not joined would ben conroy have played senior, a lot of lads dont like the gales teams but it provides an oppurtunity for players from junior clubs, for instance donnacha harnett was one of the best players in senior b  last year, would not suprise me if a kevin bergin, an mj lalor or cillian mcevoy did likewise this year

Those 3 you mentioned have senior B hurling this year. Whether they use it to their benefit is up to them. These gaels shouldn't just to please single players but as weaker clubs aswell and bring lads on collectively.

honest hurler

what a shame we hear that slieve bloom did not go along with ballinakill in gaels it would benefit a lot of players ie conroy for county level gaels is the only way forward then keeping your own club a flot

Ogie

I don't understand why Kyle are making such a fuss now, they have gone along before with Arien Delaney & Darren Gilmartin to Camross, James maher to Roscrea all of whom were there best hurlers at the time, & they benefit more than most with fella's from Roscrea, coolderry etc transferring into them.
At the end of the day it comes down to this young fella wanting to hurl at a higher level, with a team he's hurled with from u12 upwards, what will happen now is he won't hurl at all.

Don Draper

Lads seem to have missed that he was referring to recent years. And its not to say he didn't bring it up before now, its merely being reported on now. The media don't go to every county board meeting, and after the last few days, I doubt they'll be let in to another one any time soon.

Kyle GAA delegate Mark Delaney informed the meeting that one of their players, who he did not name, was part of a Laois panel in recent years, when he was told by a selector he was "at nothing with a Junior 'B' club if he wanted to play for Laois."

hurlingmad

Quote from: Ogie on February 22, 2017, 02:35:02 PM
I don't understand why Kyle are making such a fuss now, they have gone along before with Arien Delaney & Darren Gilmartin to Camross, James maher to Roscrea all of whom were there best hurlers at the time, & they benefit more than most with fella's from Roscrea, coolderry etc transferring into them.
At the end of the day it comes down to this young fella wanting to hurl at a higher level, with a team he's hurled with from u12 upwards, what will happen now is he won't hurl at all.

There was a time at least half of the team was from Roscrea. A policy of accept anyone but let nobody leave is not the way to do things.
I agree with a comment above that a gaels amalgamation shouldnt happen to please one player, They were joined with Trumera last year and threw a hissy fit when there wasnt enough kyle players playing even though 3-5 kyle lads was the maximum that ever bothered to turn up training, blamed Anthony Coffey for being a b@llix and now want some senior team to sacrifice the prestige of playing in the provincial championships for one player...yeah poor kyle

Ballyroan Abbey

Do these gales teams generally train together the entire time or do they only get together occasionally or how do they work, ive heard that colt and clonad train seperately but shanahoe and ballypickas are training together

Helix

Shanahoe and ballypickas pooled resources together and have same trainer. Doubt it's the norm Clonad and colt train separately. Each club to their own I've no experience of gaels set ups.