Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Judging by Alison Morris' column in today's paper she reads this thread.Pity she can't get her head round the fact that the church cannot be "compassionate" about sinful behaviour.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 02:16:35 PM
Judging by Alison Morris' column in today's paper she reads this thread.Pity she can't get her head round the fact that the church cannot be "compassionate" about sinful year.

She's a hypocritical wench who has no compassion for Fr Rory just sensationalism to sell their rag;

The editorial team and indeed the Catholic Church spokesman we contacted for comment were immediately concerned with Fr Coyle's welfare and how we would report on a matter of public interest without causing him further distress.

What a load of balls, so plastering a picture of him on the front page and opening his personal life to the world wouldn't have caused him distress, thank god I stopped buying this rag years ago, even their GAA coverage is sh1te now.

T Fearon

Are they supposed to suppress news and leave this to be revealed in a Sunday tabloid whose coverage would be of the sensational variety?

Nigel White

Quote from: No wides on May 19, 2016, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 02:16:35 PM
Judging by Alison Morris' column in today's paper she reads this thread.Pity she can't get her head round the fact that the church cannot be "compassionate" about sinful year.

She's a hypocritical wench who has no compassion for Fr Rory just sensationalism to sell their rag;

The editorial team and indeed the Catholic Church spokesman we contacted for comment were immediately concerned with Fr Coyle's welfare and how we would report on a matter of public interest without causing him further distress.

What a load of balls, so plastering a picture of him on the front page and opening his personal life to the world wouldn't have caused him distress, thank god I stopped buying this rag years ago, even their GAA coverage is sh1te now.
Great post.

T Fearon

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 07:35:46 PM
Are they supposed to suppress news and leave this to be revealed in a Sunday tabloid whose coverage would be of the sensational variety?

Ah they were doing him a favour i see.

I really hope you are a made up person and don't believe what you write.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 19, 2016, 09:41:30 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 07:35:46 PM

Ah they were doing him a favour i see.

I really hope you are a made up person and don't believe what you write.
LOL  ;D

T Fearon

Serious question.Is news to be suppressed? Why is it ok to report the vile activities of paedophile so called priests and not of priests posting naked pictures of themselves on gay websites while describing their occupation as "Lecturer?"

A priest occupies a special place still in the community,so in my opinion if they do anything to abuse the trust of their flock it is most certainly newsworthy.

No wides

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 10:02:52 PM
Serious question.Is news to be suppressed? Why is it ok to report the vile activities of paedophile so called priests and not of priests posting naked pictures of themselves on gay websites while describing their occupation as "Lecturer?"

A priest occupies a special place still in the community,so in my opinion if they do anything to abuse the trust of their flock it is most certainly newsworthy.

So why did gerry mcquillan not make front page?

T Fearon

I never mentioned "front pages" As a daily Irish News reader I read the paper from cover to cover,as I assume most regular readers do.Are we now using the daft argument that this particular story would have been OK had it been featured on the inside pages?

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 10:27:44 PM
I never mentioned "front pages" As a daily Irish News reader I read the paper from cover to cover,as I assume most regular readers do.Are we now using the daft argument that this particular story would have been OK had it been featured on the inside pages?

Would we be discussing it here if it appeared on an inside page?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

No wides

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2016, 10:32:31 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2016, 10:27:44 PM

Would we be discussing it here if it appeared on an inside page?

Exactly the rag that is the Irish News wanted to degrade a young man who is obviously going through a very distressing time by berating him very publicly, they are scum, but as Tony points out he is from Louth so that makes it ok!!!!!!

T Fearon

Cobblers.The story was headlined "Support for popular Priest" and dealt sensitively with a newsworthy item in the public interest.Far better than the public finding this out via a sensationalist story in a Sunday tabloid.

Irish News is the best quality paper on this island hence its wide circulation figures

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Another reason why 'never to buy the IN again' after today's "scandal/exclusive".

Well, it's also online for free, so I can read its tabloid sh1te on the 'puter for naffin...
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 27, 2016, 01:46:46 PM
Another reason why 'never to buy the IN again' after today's "scandal/exclusive".

Well, it's also online for free, so I can read its tabloid sh1te on the 'puter for naffin...
I think some of this is already in the public domain as apparently PSNI North Antrim page on Facebook put out a warning the other night about potential for these scams after having reports from Loughgiel. But your general point applies that it is nose-diving into Daily Star territory.