Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

el_cuervo_fc

I though you were fond of the old bowl haircut at one stage too.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 16, 2016, 10:03:27 PM
Fast all day.

Red Hand Man

Leviticus 18 No one who has an imperfection will be allowed to make an offering: this includes anyone who is blind, crippled, disfigured, or deformed.

Ever tore a hamstring Tony?

Needed specs?

oakleafer

QuoteApples we can only go by scripture inspired Church teaching,which defines what sin is.This is not a matter of compassion,or cutting slack etc,it is God's Law.

Yes, lets go by scripture....catch a grip:

Behold, here are my virgin daughter and his concubine. Let me bring them out now. Violate them and do with them what seems good to you, but against this man do not do this outrageous thing."

general_lee

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 15, 2016, 08:01:01 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 15, 2016, 07:03:11 PM
Fr Rory is a decent fella. He messed up.  It's perfectly fine to be a Gay priest. It's perfectly fine to be a Gay parishioner. It isn't acceptable to act on those attractions and have sex outside of sacramental marriage. To disregard the vows he took of celibacy and obedience is a grave offense. 
Let's be honest here - Grindr isn't a dating site - it's a way for gay men to schedule sex with each other. If you read the reports from the source of the story "Eoin"  - Rory Coyle told him of multiple gay orgies in London and Dublin and random sex with strangers around Ireland.  He messed up royally. Maybe it's all lies? Who knows....
Who in their right mind would post naked pictures of themselves  - I think he was hoping to be caught and end the double life charade he has been living....

I agree as parishioners, people should continue to love and support him and pray for him and his well-being. But supporting him and supporting his behaviour are two very different things.

Why do gay men get a free ticket to have sex on demand with whoever they want? Why is that now supported and applauded? Have we resolved as a society that gay men need to have unlimited sex with unlimited partners just because they are gay?

Would you look at this case with the same sympathy if women around the country came forward in their dozens saying he had used them for random sex?

It's a very sad case. I'm disappointed he chose the path he did.  I won't support his behaviour but I'll continue to pray for his wellbeing.
How is this different from heterosexual people using Tinder for the same reasons?
Exactly. Half the country is riding the other half thanks to tinder. I hope Fr Rory leaves the church permanently as I feel that is probably what's best for him in the long run.

No wides

How can there be two halfs and I am in neither.   :o

Applesisapples

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 14, 2016, 06:07:46 PM
Tony you are a disgrace. Go and read comments from the Irish News Facebook page and you'll see the true meaning of Christianity. I know Rory personally since he celebrated our wedding and a more decent down to earth fella you could not wish to meet. The church needs more Rory Coyles and less clowns like you. If so we'd all be in a better place. Regardless of what path he choses he deverves to be treated with compassion and respect. That's true Christianity in practice.
Well said!

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2016, 07:24:56 PM
https://carm.org/bible-homosexuality
So Jesus Christ has not condemned people for being gay, you are relying on the Old Testament which is not the basis of Christianity but rather used by zealots to give legitimacy to their bigotry.

No wides

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 17, 2016, 08:51:27 AM
Tony you are a disgrace. Go and read comments from the Irish News Facebook page and you'll see the true meaning of Christianity. I know Rory personally since he celebrated our wedding and a more decent down to earth fella you could not wish to meet. The church needs more Rory Coyles and less clowns like you. If so we'd all be in a better place. Regardless of what path he choses he deverves to be treated with compassion and respect. That's true Christianity in practice.
Well said!

And agreed by all rational human beings, Tony though is trying to be the Katie Price of the GAABOARD and failing miserably at it  -  maybe if had some kids of his own his he could see the beauty in humans and how each is different instead of purporting to follow to the letter some ancient words, by the way does he look like a man never had a fry!

No wides

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 17, 2016, 08:55:10 AM
So Jesus Christ has not condemned people for being gay, you are relying on the Old Testament which is not the basis of Christianity but rather used by zealots to give legitimacy to their bigotry.

All Tony's bigotry is from the old testament, he has yet, nor could he give one quote from the new testament which condemns homosexuals by the decree of god!

screenexile

Quote from: No wides on May 17, 2016, 08:56:09 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on May 17, 2016, 08:51:27 AM
Well said!

And agreed by all rational human beings, Tony though is trying to be the Katie Price of the GAABOARD and failing miserably at it  -  maybe if had some kids of his own his he could see the beauty in humans and how each is different instead of purporting to follow to the letter some ancient words, by the way does he look like a man never had a fry!

By f**k I hope you mean Katie Hopkins for the thought of seeing Tone topless puts the fear of god in me!!!

armaghniac

Quote from: No wides on May 17, 2016, 08:57:35 AM

All Tony's bigotry is from the old testament, he has yet, nor could he give one quote from the new testament which condemns homosexuals by the decree of god!

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DuffleKing

St Paul's advice in 1 Timothy 2:12
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

Keyboard Warrior

Jesus doesn't refute the OT; He often referred to it for example.

Not agreeing with either side here, merely pointing out you either accept the bible in its entirety or you don't.

No wides

Quote from: armaghniac on May 17, 2016, 11:02:24 AM
Quote from: No wides on May 17, 2016, 08:57:35 AM

1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

No homosexuality mentioned there, so are you saying single people are doomed, people who ride out of wedlock doomed, if you take every word of the bible literally is there any person living or dead saved?