Irish News

Started by WT4E, July 21, 2014, 04:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

So what line is gods decree?

Main Street

It's easier for a gay priest who "comes out" to get fired, than it is a paedophile priest.

It's reckoned that around  half the catholic priests are gay. There are a higher % of priests who are gays  working in the Vatican,
probably just as well that the Vatican owns Italy's biggest gay sauna in Rome.
Not bad going for an institution whose teachings provide a moral backbone for homophobia and discrimination against gays. 

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Main Street on May 14, 2016, 09:26:27 PM

It's reckoned that around  half the catholic priests are gay. There are a higher % of priests who are gays  working in the Vatican,

I suppose you've done the surveys yourself on this? What's the breakdown in figures?

T Fearon

It is the height of hypocrisy to be gay and in the Priesthood.Apart from that it doesn't make sense at any level.I mean it is the worst possible place to be if gay and desire to be actively so.

I commend the Person concerned here for taking time out to reflect though he definitely should have done so before advertising himself on a gay website,with lurid photos and denying his vocation there on as well (not alluding to his status as a Priest).I wish no ill on him whatsoever.

Fr Brian D'Arcy is a person I wouldn't have a lot of time for, though I admire him for admitting that he once fell in love but did not break his priestly vows.That's the key point,if one cannot honour the priestly vows it is the height of hypocrisy to remain in the Priesthood.

bennydorano

Plenty of Protestant / Reformed churches all over the world permit gay glergy. Their bibles would be fairly similar to the RC church?

longballin

You haven't a clue Tony... there are loads of gay priests. A priest once told me some of the goings on in that training school in Maynooth was tarra...

T Fearon

There are undoubtedly gay Priests,in the closet.But my point is that they are hypocrits.Apart from Anglicans,every other Protestant denomination is even more strict about not tolerating gay clergy than Catholicism is.

Minder

Getting back on thread slightly I think Allison Morris is as big a dose as there is about
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Rory Coyle has had nothing but 100% support from the community whereas the parents in Middletown vetoed having Sean Brady celebrate St John's PS communion. Fair play.

omaghjoe

Tony does it really matter what the sexual orientation is of the priest if they commit to being celibate?
I don't understand how being gay would make them a hypocrite if they remain celibate?

Regarding this priest I think that the issue is that he wasnt maintaining is celibacy, hardly feckin headline news tho.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 15, 2016, 12:04:02 AM
Tony does it really matter what the sexual orientation is of the priest if they commit to being celibate?
I don't understand how being gay would make them a hypocrite if they remain celibate?

Regarding this priest I think that the issue is that he wasnt maintaining is celibacy, hardly feckin headline news tho.

Like most priest's... Not maintaining their celibacy vows... Here is an idea, drop that stupid vow, guarantee more people taking up the vocation
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Throw ball

Fr. Rory or Rory Coyle as seems to be the way in the thread has always seemed to be a terribly decent man in the 6 years he has been working in Armagh parish. From my understanding he made a mistake, told the arch bishop and then took time out to reflect. Would there be as much fuss if he had have been on an app looking a woman? Compared to the stuff the church has seen in the past this is small beer. Living in Armagh parish I can honestly say that over the last number of weeks I have not heard one person - man or woman - say anything bad about him. The problem the church has, in my opinion, is that celibacy is not natural for most people. Marriage should be allowed.

As for the Irish News. They lost a lot of respect for me. Criminal gangs have been using the Internet to blackmail people. This has had dire effects on some. The Irish News should show a higher standing. They are acting as bullies. He has broke his priestly vows, I think, but I see no evidence he has broken the law.

Tony Baloney

It would be going some for the Catholic Church to take the moral high ground!