The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

If Benzema had made squad does he start ahead of Giroud or does the latter offer more as a battering ram to Benzema movement?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Wildweasel74

France have now won 2 world cup carrying a lead front man that barely registered a goal, unreal

Boycey

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 16, 2018, 08:10:47 PM
France have now won 2 world cup carrying a lead front man that barely registered a goal, unreal

Giroud now holds the record for most shots off target in any world cup.

mrdeeds

Did Mpabbe not take a goal of him in one game? That shot was going in.

laoislad

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 16, 2018, 10:32:12 PM
Did Mpabbe not take a goal of him in one game? That shot was going in.
Harry Kane claimed that one also...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

NAG1

The French and Deschamps knew exactly what they were getting with Giroud. I thought in the sytem that they played which changed in various games, he was more than effective. I am sure Arsenal fans were watching in disbelief at his work rate and closing down and challenging for every single ball, holding it up well and linking the play.

I thought it was the best I have ever seen him perform, regardless of the goals or lack there of.

BennyCake

Caught a bit of England documentary "summer of love". Oh Jesus, you'd think they had actually achieved something. Southgate is now officially a genius apparently. And the players warriors of the highest order.

Who did they beat again... oh aye, Tunisia, Panama and half a Colombia team on penalties. Jesus, ''twas cringeworthy viewing.

An Watcher

Looks like Rice may be  declaring for us after all.  Massive plus and a wee goal from Obafemi today as well.

Boycey

Can't be arsed starting a new thread but can I be the 1st to say

It's coming home #lionesses

bogball88

Quote from: Boycey on June 27, 2019, 09:20:30 PM
Can't be arsed starting a new thread but can I be the 1st to say

It's coming home #lionesses
Tried watching a few minutes the other night. Hard to watch. Not as bad as watching ladies football, but not far away either

lurganblue

I dont know anything about Ladies Soccer or even the men's cricket.  I don't think either of them are coming home though.

imtommygunn

The ladies soccer is getting a wee bit worrying though as I think they have a big shout... i've Watched a few games and quite enjoyed them in the tournament  Far less diving and theatrics than the male equivalent.

I know nothing about cricket.

Boycey

I've dipped into a few games in passing especially since the knockout started, it's been quite good and bar the Cameroonians ?? it's been lacking in histrionics

Big game tonight, hosts France against favourites USA, winner plays England in the semis. 

A double on lionesses and cricketers pays a tasty 24/1  ;)

Boycey

Donalds friend Megan Rapinoe has scored early on for the US he'll be thrilled  ;D