Spreads Comp

Started by supersarsfields, January 22, 2008, 04:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Just wondering if there is going to be a spreads comp this year again? I know their always good auld craic and much appreciated. I can't remember now if there was one for the league last year or just the Championship. Is Dicky still about?

Our Nail Loney

Think there was one for the league as well, was good craic but I missed one week I think and it ruined it for me, ended up leacin it after that!!

EugeneGeraghty

So is this competition back on this year? Tis a bit of craic alright.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Bump.

Was just wondering if the comp is going to be throwing in, in time for the start of the league next weekend?
Tbc....

maddog

if Dicky and Sligoman dont run it i'll do it. I wont be able to do it with an online yoke the way they did but i will set up and email address and you can email me your picks and i'll put the scores up each week on the board.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Maddog - happy to give ya a bit of help of with that if ya need it and the other site isn't working. Wasn't there a poll on this that Dicky put up? Seemed like he was guaging opinion on whether to run it again.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 28, 2008, 11:00:07 PM
Maddog - happy to give ya a bit of help of with that if ya need it and the other site isn't working. Wasn't there a poll on this that Dicky put up? Seemed like he was guaging opinion on whether to run it again.

Vaguely remember that TAM, thought the concensus was to have the Spreads again!
Tbc....

supersarsfields

Yeah from what I remember I thought they were well received. I can understand that it's bound to be an awful lot of work for Sligoman and Dickie though. I would offer my help as well but posting on this website is usually about as much as I can do on a computer. But happy to muck in with any low IT help I can give.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Does someone want to PM Sligoman and DickieRock and see what the craic is, otherwise we would need to organise something else (clock ticking) - I would but I'm wile shy!  ;)
Tbc....

aontroim abu

I set the spreads last year for the hurling spreads - it is very easy to do, when you get it done for the first time  the whole process is repetetive. Unfortunately  i cant set them this year, but would still like to enter the competition if it goes ahead.

maddog

If dickie and sligoman appear before the weekend well and good.
In the meantime email me your picks to gaaspreads@live.co.uk

02 Feb 19:00 Tyrone vs Kildare     (Kildare +5.5)
02 Feb 19:00 Donegal vs Kerry    (Donegal +0.5)  
02 Feb 19:00 Derry vs Mayo     (Mayo +1.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Galway vs Laois    (Laois +2.5)  

02 Feb 19:00 Dublin vs Westmeath ( Westmeath +5.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Armagh vs Cavan  (Cavan +2.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Monaghan vs Roscommon  (Roscommon + 4.5)

02 Feb 19:00 Down vs Sligo  (Sligo +3.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Limerick vs Louth   ( Limerick + 1.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Leitrim vs Fermanagh  ( Leitrim + 1.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Wexford vs Longford  (Longford +1.5)

03 Feb 14:30 Kilkenny vs Tipperary   (Kilkenny +10.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Wicklow vs Antrim   (Antrim +1.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Offaly vs London    (London +15.5)
03 Feb 14:30 Clare vs Carlow   (Carlow +1.5)

There is as usual the bonus pick (ONLY one bonus pick allowed). So 1 point for a correct result 2 points for a correct bonus pick but -2 if you get it wrong.

Put your county details on it also so we can keep a score for each county

Shamrock Shore

Some good picks there Maddog

Kildare, Kilkenny, Westmeath, London  :D

Orior

Maddog, are you on the jungle juice?

The Cats are playing Tipp with the big ball, not the wee one.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maddog

Quote from: Orior on January 29, 2008, 03:54:20 PM
Maddog, are you on the jungle juice?

The Cats are playing Tipp with the big ball, not the wee one.

I know sure, just stick the mighty tipp footballers as your bonus then and yer laughing. ;)

parttimeexile

How does this work? Could someone explain it? :-[