All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on August 28, 2016, 09:18:12 PM
The Dub full back line is there for the taking. 2 goals before half time and Mayo could be on their way.

Neither of which were really the full back line's fault.

omaghjoe

Can I get an update on the status cursed team before I make a prediction on this one?

Last I heard was there was only 2 left....

Jinxy

The Dub full back line is there for the taking. 2 goals before half time and Mayo could be on their way.

Alternate Barry Moran between full-back and full-forward?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Mayo are going to win this and there won't be a cow milked for about 8 months.

rrhf

Would Andy Moran and Jonny cooper be a typical match up.

Mayo4Sam

Has there ever been such a mismatch in a final?
In my lifetime maybe Cork v Down,
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2016, 09:33:03 PM

Neither of which were really the full back line's fault.

Whist, hold up, the games top analyser has spoken, if he says the full back line weren't at fault then who are we to disagree, as usual he was spot on again with today's prediction, I believe that was that the Dubs would hammer Kerry, spot on again sir!

BennyHarp

Mayo should have beaten the Dubs last year and the Dubs have lost two of their better defenses since then. Kerry showed today that the Dubs are beatable and for my money Mayo have a management team who are well able to come up with  a gameplan to win the game and experienced players who have been around long enough, to confidently implement it. I hope Mayo can pull it off and I'd be tempted at odds approaching 3/1. Looking forward to a cracking final.
That was never a square ball!!

thewobbler

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 28, 2016, 10:18:58 PM
Has there ever been such a mismatch in a final?
In my lifetime maybe Cork v Down,

You mean that game Cork won by a single point?

thewobbler

My tuppence is that Mayo are a better team than Kerry, so if they bring the same intensity to it as the kingdom did today, then it'll be close enough.

Kerry's scoring power is overrated. Paul Geaney aside there's none of them hit a return worth talking about today.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on August 28, 2016, 07:46:10 PM
One thing's for sure, Mayo won't fear Dublin.

For sure. Mayo have nothing to lose either now - apart from another AI final.

At this stage I can empathise with a prison chaplain attending executions. It's an unnerving, messy business but you have to attend.

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 28, 2016, 10:35:09 PM
Mayo should have beaten the Dubs last year and the Dubs have lost two of their better defenses since then. Kerry showed today that the Dubs are beatable and for my money Mayo have a management team who are well able to come up with  a gameplan to win the game and experienced players who have been around long enough, to confidently implement it. I hope Mayo can pull it off and I'd be tempted at odds approaching 3/1. Looking forward to a cracking final.

Can you outline for the rest of us where Mayo are going to get a winning score from?

On bad day Dublin average 0-17.

I'd love to see Mayo win an AI. I don't have the perceived dislike Mayo think we have of them. I think it's be great for the game. The problem  is I just can't see them outscoring Dublin. Their half forwards barely score 0-1 a game outside DOC against top class opposition.

ballinaman

Sure we'll go up for then look anyway.
Paul Flynn must be carrying an injury, not the same player of a few years ago.

On Kerry, had to smile at Spillanes comment of Kerry dying with their boots on....5 points and 3 points up at different stages. We know the narrative that we'd get if Mayo did that and lost.... :-X