AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 02, 2009, 09:04:54 PM
Got a feeling this one will go to extra-time with Tyrone coming out winners, facinating game.

Has to be a replay for that to happen.
I think this may turn out to be the real Final and should be a titanic battle.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Brendans abu

Well i'm going for a Cork win, they've been my tip since the start of the championship.

This Cork team has so many attacking options, look at some of the talent on the bench, they can hurt you from so many different positions e.g. Miskella today with 4 points from the half back line.

Should be a great game though, cannot wait for it. Should be played at some pace given the athleticism of both teams.

A Quinn Martin Production

No brainer...Tyrone by 8...mark my words. ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 02, 2009, 09:36:43 PM

Dont think they will win that much,but tyrone will win

Tyrone by 4

johnpower

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on August 02, 2009, 09:44:21 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 02, 2009, 09:36:43 PM

Dont think they will win that much,but tyrone will win

Tyrone by 4

Tyrone will win this one I think .Cork will have learnt nothing from todays farce while Tyrone will have learnt big time . Donegal were well off the pace and dont seem to have bothered watching any of the Cork matches to study tactics etc

Eastern_Pride

The only game all summer where i have no idea who's going to win. High scoring game to go to a replay.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Donegal made Cork look good, but I have to say, I was impressed how Cork never lifted the foot off the pedal.

Did anyone else notice Cork doing the same warm up Tyrone do - fast press-ups and sit ups? While Donegal were getting used to hard tackles. They're a massive side, very fit and fast and will run right at Tyrone. It'll be some game for pace. I'm glad Tyrone have been well tested at this point (I doubt Philly Jordan's been roasted as much in the last few years). The media might take a break hyping Tyrone and start focusing on Cork, I'd be far more comfortable as underdog.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

longrunsthefox

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on August 02, 2009, 07:38:23 PM
Breaking a habit of a lifetime here.
Can't believe I am writing this - come on da rebels!!
I hope and believe Cork can and will win.
Can't see Tyrone getting eneough ball off them.
I would expect whoever wins this will win it out.
Never thought I would see the dau when Cork have so many scoring options.
Hopefully for Cork's sake Mr. Kennevy will be watching from home.

Jees! class! ... has Tyrone rattled the Kerry cage or wot  :P... now they're shouting for Cork. On the game itself... will be very tough for Tyrone... very. Oh! good luck to the Dubs tomorrow in puting the shower of begrudgers out of their misery

Norf Tyrone

Does anyone think that Cork and Tyrone will be a clash of similar styles. I thought Cork looked like an emerging Tyrone today, especially with the ability of their half backs to push forward at pace, and the team to thread back behind the ball very quickly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

3000 miles away

Looking forward to this one, could be a stepping stone to great things for Cork, but if people think tyrone were cynical today and went down easy, watch them in this game, they really up it to another level against big physical teams, i hope Pearse ONeill puts manners on Conor Gormley what an arrogant person he is, jordan,cavanagh,dooher and brian mc guigan all hit the deck easily in games like this, cork are a a very big team but they have mobility in the right positions,i think the 2 cork half forwards could nullify jordan and davy harte's attacking threat because they need alot of watching too, tyrone will need to be at the races in midfield to break even with cork, todays game did cork no favours but with the competition for places there in-house games have to be of good quality, i think cork could take this one by 2-3 points and set up a final with the Dubs.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: 3000 miles away on August 03, 2009, 03:45:07 AM
Looking forward to this one, could be a stepping stone to great things for Cork, but if people think tyrone were cynical today and went down easy, watch them in this game, they really up it to another level against big physical teams, i hope Pearse ONeill puts manners on Conor Gormley what an arrogant person he is, jordan,cavanagh,dooher and brian mc guigan all hit the deck easily in games like this, cork are a a very big team but they have mobility in the right positions,i think the 2 cork half forwards could nullify jordan and davy harte's attacking threat because they need alot of watching too, tyrone will need to be at the races in midfield to break even with cork, todays game did cork no favours but with the competition for places there in-house games have to be of good quality, i think cork could take this one by 2-3 points and set up a final with the Dubs.

:D Gormley eats two Pearse O Neills every morning for breakfast! and anyhow fancy Ricey for that job, Gormley will have better players to deal with!

ONeill

Looking forward to this. Limerick showed how hot and cold Cork can be. We've had the hot....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

No this Cork  team are too good to fall flat again.  I went striaght into the bookies this morning and put my hard earned money on them to win Sam.  Our only hope is to batten down the hatches and play like we did V kerry in 2003. 

longball

Team for Cork

1. Packie

4. Ricey                     3. Justin               6. Conor

5. Harte                     7. Jordan             2. Sean O'Neill

8.   Hub                  25. McGinely

10. Dooher               9. Cavanagh              12. Joe

13. Penfold               14. O'Neill                15. Mugsy
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

nrico2006

The nature of the game yesterday will have done Tyrone the world of good.  The value of the battle they had with Kildare cannot be overstated.  Tyrone needed a game like that which was similar in nature to the Mayo and Westmeath games last year.  I would like to see Sean O'Neill start and as mentioned Brian McGuigan could be back at Number 11 as the brother isn't cut out for that role, I would have McCullough in there ahead of Tommy too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'