Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 02, 2009, 04:50:16 PM
Anyway it's very sporting of Sean Cavanagh to support a player on a rival team in this fashion and i think he should be commended for doing so.

Exactly, its just a pity some are unable to see past their own loyalties to recogonise an act of magnitude, as the old saying goes your f*cked if you do, and f*cked if you dont! Sideline, you idiot, Cavanagh had no obligation to do what he did, yet you cant commend the man for doing right!

Your one of these men who complain about the weather being too warm, about young ones nowadays, and in a few years time you will be a cranky crippled old c*nt! Hope your looking forward to it!

JMohan

SidelineKick

Anyway it's very sporting of Sean Cavanagh to support a player on a rival team in this fashion and i think he should be commended for doing so.

It may well be very sporting of him to do so but it doesnt take away from the fact that it was HIM that got him sent off!!  You seem to be missing that point.

Why did he hold his head?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Final Whistle

Lets hang draw and quarter him...............................................

the man held his head!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

SidelineKick

I'm trying to have a proper debate here, you are simply avoiding the fact that he lay down and held his head in order to get a man sent off. When you threw the McKaigue issue at me I put that to bed very quickly.  Do you not think he was a disgrace feigning injury in order to get McGuckin sent off?

Its a genuine question and I would like a genuine answer.

Reported.

Final Whistle

Looking a proper answer-he didnt feign injury-he clearly stated that it was of no fault that McGuckin clattered into him. Review the situation, Cavanagh slips past his marker showing him the clean heels for the first time of the day-points through the fist which as we all know leaves you exposed when he is clattered by a man who has been in the gym all winter/spring.

What mcguckin was then doing on top of him, i dont know. Lets be clear about it-mcguckin was not going to do Cav, yet Cav was not trying to get him sent off!!!

Sideline-again, go and catch yourself on!!

Keyser soze

My recollection of the incident is that from the TV pictures the cause of Cavanagh holding his head was not particularly clear. I do remember Cavanagh covering his head with his hands. Why he was doing this I don't know, maybe he bumped heads with McGuckin or McGuigan, maybe his head hit the ground, maybe he was covering his head in case he got stepped on in the melee, who knows.  I don't think there is ernough evidence to conclude that he was guilty of faking injury.

There is no debate here that i can see.

Again well done to Cavanagh for sticking up for McGuckin.

SidelineKick

Melee? Jesus Christ. This was immediately, he fell and held his head.

FW you are saying he clearly didnt feign injury because he said he thought it was harsh.  You do realise he feigned injury DURING the game and said it was harsh AFTER the game?

I do understand he was entitled to say nothing and leave things as they were. H e may deserve some bit of credit for this but to avoid my question on so many occasions is simply pathetic. Lets do it simply:

1) Did you see him holding his head?
2) Could you explain why he held his head?
3) Do you think feigning injury is part of the game or has no place?

Reported.

Final Whistle

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 02, 2009, 05:33:47 PM
Melee? Jesus Christ. This was immediately, he fell and held his head.

FW you are saying he clearly didnt feign onjusr because he said he thought it was harsh.  You do realise he feigned injury DURING the game and said it was harsh AFTER the game?

I do understand he was entitled to say nothing and leave things as they were. H e may deserve some bit of credit for this but to avoid my question on so many occasions is simply pathetic. Lets do it simply:

1) Did you see him holding his head?
2) Could you explain why he held his head?
3) Do you think feigning injury is part of the game or has no place?

Yes sideline the referee should have given cav time to run to the camera and say if was harsh-let him back on! Catch yourself on!

Sideline, question for you-when you have been winded (you know hit hard when your least expecting it, like cav was when he pointed wheeled away and was caught) what do you do? I seen him holding his head but only just about as McGuckin was on top of him at this stage-doing what i dont know! Feigning injury is a scourge to our game, however, every county, not just one and very good players, alongside some legendary players, are at it.

On this occasion there was no feigning taking place! Meaning your post call cav a twat for doing the right thing was out of order, alongside a lot of other things you have said in your last 5/10 posts!

supersarsfields

SK there is no place for feigning injury in a game. And I'll be honest cavanagh wouldn't be above it at times. But on this occasion I would have said he was covering his head more so that grabbing it. Now as KS said it could have been because McGuckin was falling down on him or it could be because he was acting the maggot. But there's no way of telling for sure. All that is certain about this is that he has came out now and said that it wasn't McGuckin's fault.

SidelineKick

Final Whistle, I wouldnt expect Cavanagh to make a statement in the middle of the game but could he not have said to the referee that McGuckin did nothing? Think he was still on the ground at this stage.

Cavanagh isnt really renowned for feigning, you should look at the videos Jerome Quinn does, there is a thread on it, the Moy v Ardboe game, massive hit, unfairly but he gets straight up again.  Thats the Cavanagh I want to see. For a big man playing a mans game I just feel he shouldnt have lay on the ground covering his head, for whatever reason. He might have been genuine enough but a quick word with the ref would have sorted it, as I said its easy to be the big man after the final whistle, Final Whistle  ;D

Its not a personal gripe with Cavanagh, but recently this "getting a man sent off" craic is creeping into our game (Derry included) and to me it will be the ruination of it.

So while Cavanagh might deserve a bit of praise for backing McGuckin, it was him that got him there in the first place, and I genuinely think that the sending off could have been avoided if Cavanagh had have acted / reacted differently.

Its simply my opinion.

Reported.

orangeman

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 02, 2009, 05:05:09 PM

It may well be very sporting of him to do so but it doesnt take away from the fact that it was HIM that got him sent off!!  You seem to be missing that point.

Why did he hold his head?

Not correct - the referee sent him him off. Blame the ref.

ExiledGael

The ref sent him off on the advice of the umpire so I suppose you could also blame him - either that of give over about the whole issue.

tyronefan

once again with Derry  it is always the other team that made them do it