Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 28, 2012, 08:56:34 PM
I hear the loughgiel team has been over enjoying the fair, lack of respect for Glenariffe?
::)  same shit, different year.

The loughgiel vs Glenariffe game is at 3pm on Saturday in Armoy, not 7 as publicised.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Not the same shit SIE, its usually our boys at it ;D

winker3716

Quote from: Gizzy15 on August 29, 2012, 02:26:11 AM
From a junior player i do feel that the stardard of ref is lower than down south, but so in most respects is the standard of player, if you think your hard done bye as having the best of what weve got to ref the games then wise up as they are good, try being div 4 and getting the guy that has been handcuffed by his club to do a job just to secure them home games. i mean no disrespect to any referee but i know this happens. think if we want the type of reffing that we so want ( from the south ) then we need to get our game up to scratch, dont blame the refs.

rant over
Well said Gizzy, very pertinent observation imo.  ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 27, 2012, 08:32:13 PM
Lads, dunloy will win.  I really don't understand how anyone could think anything else. dunloy are a championship team. They proved that 3 years ago against the odds.

what is it makes a championship team?

but can't argue with  'dunloy will win'. they beat theTown easy in the league.

St. Galls V Cushendall    The Dall by 10 if its right that St Galls are concentratin on football
Loughgeil V Glenarriffe   The Shams by 12 or more
St. Johns V Lamh Dearg Johnnies by 8
Ballycastle V Dunloy       sorry to say Dunloy by 8/10

Jesusjones

Black&Amber your very down on your own team, any outfit with Hippy, Neil Mc Auley, Pinky & Cosey at least have a fighting chance.

Glensman

Quote from: Last Man on August 28, 2012, 06:53:17 AM
Quote from: Glensman on August 27, 2012, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: chocoholic on August 27, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
St. Johns V Lamh Dhearg Friday at 8.15pm in Casement

Loughgiel V Glenariffe Saturday at 7pm in Armoy

St. Galls V Ruairi Og Sunday at 2.30pm in Casement

Dunloy V Ballycastle Sunday at 6pm in Loughgiel

Well done our county board for arranging such a random set of fixtures over 3 days in different areas of the county just so as people have to cough up entrance fees 4 times. Why could we not have had a couple of double headers? St. Johns V Lamh's and Cushendall V St. Galls in Casement on Saturday evening and Loughgiel V Glenariffe and Dunloy V Ballycastle in Armoy/Cushendall/ Glenravel on Sunday? You couldn't make it up.

Are you sure they aren't double headed up with IHC or JHC games? Think there's plenty of those games aswell.

Dall by 10
Johnnies by 15
Ballycastle by 1 or 2
Lougheil by 8

There are a few double headers involving the other championships.

http://antrimgaa.net/fixtures-results/

Does seem a little strange not grouping a couple of the senior games together though.

Johnnies by 10
Dall by 11
Dunloy by 6
Loughgeil by 15

Terrible news that the SHC games will have to share the stage with IHC and JHC, I really hope the stylists aren't tainted and learn any bad habits from the little leaguers :o

Wasn't criticising, just thought it strange. Chill.

My thoughts on the little leaguers...for what they are worth.

Intermediate:
Gorts v Ahoghill - Ahoghill by 6, appear on a high with the football championship/hurling league leading
St Pauls v Rasharkin - St Pauls by 2. Should win easily but Rasharkin might put it up to them given its championship. If Geyser still playing then he's the man to stop for St Pauls.
Creggan v Cloughmills - Creggan by 6. Can't seen past them with the McCanns and McKeown. Conor McCann to score a bagful.
Armoy v Randalstown - Armoy by 2/3. Will be a close game.

Junior
O'Donnells v St Endas - St Endas by 10. Full of stylists.
Cushendun v St Agnes - Cushendun by 5.
Ardoyne v Glenarm - Glenarm by 6. Don't appear to have been going well in league but might have too much.
McDermotts v Glenravel - Glenravel by 7.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on August 29, 2012, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: Last Man on August 28, 2012, 06:53:17 AM
Quote from: Glensman on August 27, 2012, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: chocoholic on August 27, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
St. Johns V Lamh Dhearg Friday at 8.15pm in Casement

Loughgiel V Glenariffe Saturday at 7pm in Armoy

St. Galls V Ruairi Og Sunday at 2.30pm in Casement

Dunloy V Ballycastle Sunday at 6pm in Loughgiel

Well done our county board for arranging such a random set of fixtures over 3 days in different areas of the county just so as people have to cough up entrance fees 4 times. Why could we not have had a couple of double headers? St. Johns V Lamh's and Cushendall V St. Galls in Casement on Saturday evening and Loughgiel V Glenariffe and Dunloy V Ballycastle in Armoy/Cushendall/ Glenravel on Sunday? You couldn't make it up.

Are you sure they aren't double headed up with IHC or JHC games? Think there's plenty of those games aswell.

Dall by 10
Johnnies by 15
Ballycastle by 1 or 2
Lougheil by 8

There are a few double headers involving the other championships.

http://antrimgaa.net/fixtures-results/

Does seem a little strange not grouping a couple of the senior games together though.

Johnnies by 10
Dall by 11
Dunloy by 6
Loughgeil by 15

Terrible news that the SHC games will have to share the stage with IHC and JHC, I really hope the stylists aren't tainted and learn any bad habits from the little leaguers :o

Wasn't criticising, just thought it strange. Chill.

My thoughts on the little leaguers...for what they are worth.

Intermediate:
Gorts v Ahoghill - Ahoghill by 6, appear on a high with the football championship/hurling league leading
St Pauls v Rasharkin - St Pauls by 2. Should win easily but Rasharkin might put it up to them given its championship. If Geyser still playing then he's the man to stop for St Pauls.Creggan v Cloughmills - Creggan by 6. Can't seen past them with the McCanns and McKeown. Conor McCann to score a bagful.
Armoy v Randalstown - Armoy by 2/3. Will be a close game.

Junior
O'Donnells v St Endas - St Endas by 10. Full of stylists.
Cushendun v St Agnes - Cushendun by 5.
Ardoyne v Glenarm - Glenarm by 6. Don't appear to have been going well in league but might have too much.
McDermotts v Glenravel - Glenravel by 7.

God help the referee who'll be doing this game!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 29, 2012, 02:10:42 PM
Black&Amber your very down on your own team, any outfit with Hippy, Neil Mc Auley, Pinky & Cosey at least have a fighting chance.

jj not meaning to put them down just what's real. 3/4 months ago would have given them a real chance but nearly evrything went wrong after the u21 final cept the game v the Dall. Think they put in a lot of hard work this year and got unlucky a bit. Next year maybe the luck will change  ;D

manballandall

Any decent betting on this weekends games ?

Will lambs get close to Johnnies ?

I hear the new manager at St Galls has enticed some old faces back into the hurling fold so maybe we will get within 10 points :P

Jesusjones

B&A you'd certainly have a better chance with Clarke playing, he was showing great form at the beginning of the year and he has the makings of a county hurler. He is the one guy Ballycastle have with real pace to compliment the big fellas.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on August 29, 2012, 01:04:32 PM
Lads, dunloy will win.  I really don't understand how anyone could think anything else. dunloy are a championship team. They proved that 3 years ago against the odds.

St. Galls V Cushendall    The Dall by 10 if its right that St Galls are concentratin on football
I'd suggest the fact they've won 11 championships in the last 20 years would make them a championship team b+a.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 29, 2012, 06:02:33 PM
B&A you'd certainly have a better chance with Clarke playing, he was showing great form at the beginning of the year and he has the makings of a county hurler. He is the one guy Ballycastle have with real pace to compliment the big fellas.

agree totally JJ  Clarke (and young McCaughan too) have real pace. Clarke has real skill as well and if he was playin hurling would for sure be a county player but he had an operation and the soccer has him. We were lucky mebbe even to get him for a while this year and I hear McCaughan mebbe goin the same way

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 29, 2012, 06:49:44 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on August 29, 2012, 01:04:32 PM

I'd suggest the fact they've won 11 championships in the last 20 years would make them a championship team b+a.

wasn't doubtin Dunloy as a championship team SIE just askin what makes any team a championship team.

Maninthemiddle

Lads I am a fairly active referee in the county, so no need to guess is he or isn't he? Getting well pissed off reading some of the dribble on the site, watch it all the time, sick of  lads having a go at the referee's, looking to contribute as positively as possible, but wont get into a slanging match, and will within reason be as straight as possible. Look forward to some healthy discussions and debate.

winker3716

Quote from: Maninthemiddle on August 30, 2012, 08:46:48 PM
Lads I am a fairly active referee in the county, so no need to guess is he or isn't he? Getting well pissed off reading some of the dribble on the site, watch it all the time, sick of  lads having a go at the referee's, looking to contribute as positively as possible, but wont get into a slanging match, and will within reason be as straight as possible. Look forward to some healthy discussions and debate.

My goodness, not another one? Start a referees forum then, seems like they need to vent their spleen some way?

Is it Elliott, Herbie, Duffy, Cunning, Reilly, Robinson, McKeown, Fitzimmons, McGrath, Compston, Hasson, Trainor, McCaffrey, McPoland?  A straight talking referee, now there's a first don't you think? Go ahead, initiate a forum for referees, would be interesting I'd say  :D  MIBAG would have a field day on his proverbial soap box.  ??? :-[
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"