Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2012, 02:48:44 PM
It would be great if they put all 4 matches on one after the other in Casement. You'd happily pay a tenner in to see that
Agh, but sure they can charge £8 a match by having them all at different times at different venues. More money for the coffers.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Last Man

How'd the Lucan game go SIE, they were slow to arrive yesterday and I couldnt hang aroud any longer.

Jesusjones

I'd have liked to go to 3 of the 4 matches but given that for the wife and I your looking 48 quid at the gate as well and about 40 quid on petrol its gonna be an expensive weekends hurling. :(

aontroim

These games should most likely all be £5 admission as that was the price for the football quarter-finals (including any double headers).

Minder

It would be great if they put all 4 matches on one after the other in Casement. You'd happily pay a tenner in to see that

You could fit the people travelling from North Antrim to watch St Johns v Lamh Dhearg in a phone box.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Last Man on August 27, 2012, 03:07:20 PM
How'd the Lucan game go SIE, they were slow to arrive yesterday and I couldnt hang aroud any longer.
Won handy enough. 1-25 - 1-12.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2012, 04:36:52 PM

You could fit the people travelling from North Antrim to watch St Johns v Lamh Dhearg in a phone box.
Remember those?

Jesusjones

Aye you could fit them in a phone box, but if the game happened to be on as part of a double header I'd have went to it, its still a hurling match like!!!

btdtgtt

Comin to this a bit late lads I know but was talking to a few boys about the U21 side. Was trying to get a handle on what the strongest side could have been if everyone committed but hard to no for sure players who are still in the age grade. Can anyone shed some light on this? What would be the best side available.

Also, I fancy all the chanpionship games to be handy wins for the favourites - with only the balky date dunloy game tight. Really can't call this I have only see dunloy hurl once this year.

chocoholic

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
St. Johns V Lamh Dhearg Friday at 8.15pm in Casement

Loughgiel V Glenariffe Saturday at 7pm in Armoy

St. Galls V Ruairi Og Sunday at 2.30pm in Casement

Dunloy V Ballycastle Sunday at 6pm in Loughgiel

Well done our county board for arranging such a random set of fixtures over 3 days in different areas of the county just so as people have to cough up entrance fees 4 times. Why could we not have had a couple of double headers? St. Johns V Lamh's and Cushendall V St. Galls in Casement on Saturday evening and Loughgiel V Glenariffe and Dunloy V Ballycastle in Armoy/Cushendall/ Glenravel on Sunday? You couldn't make it up.

Are you sure they aren't double headed up with IHC or JHC games? Think there's plenty of those games aswell.

Dall by 10
Johnnies by 15
Ballycastle by 1 or 2
Lougheil by 8

winker3716

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 27, 2012, 01:50:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2012, 12:31:38 PM
He has a point Johnney, we certainly (Antrim) don't have big skillful mobile players, We'd need 15 players of the size and ability of the likes of NMcM. Elliot, twice in yesterdays game had a run at the Clare defence, twice he was caught, Elliot is quick, one of the quickest I've seen, but very light and physically not up to the demands of intercounty hurling, yet.

As for breeding, It's more about developing our teams and insuring that all the players on those development squads work on there personal strengthening and conditioning.

If I had to do it all again I'd have hit the gym, not blessed with height I'd would have at least worked on the areas that would have greatly improved my game. I don't think we have enough players who buy into playing for the county, end of. Look at Donegal Antrim beat them a few seasons ago, similar team to yesterday but they all do their own training plus county training they have bought into Jim's plans and stick to it. When an Antrim team goes out with that attitude then we might be able to compete.......... might!!
[/b]

now you talking, we only think we are commited
And some of them only think they are hurlers.  It takes more than commitment ya know!  What about physical and moral courage, being prepared to die for a team mate, putting club rivalry aside, eagerness to win and wear the Jersey, avoiding going on the piss, bulking up, speeding up, enhancing physical/technical skill, prepared to give your all?????  Anyone less than 5'11" need not apply.  ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Seamroga in exile

Lads, dunloy will win.  I really don't understand how anyone could think anything else. dunloy are a championship team. They proved that 3 years ago against the odds.

btdtgtt

SIE dd the town not turn dunloy over in loughiel some years back?
Never rule them out but I agree dunloy favourites.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 27, 2012, 09:25:00 PM
SIE dd the town not turn dunloy over in loughiel some years back?
Never rule them out but I agree dunloy favourites.
"some years back" being the operative phrase. They should have beaten them in loughgiel in 2009 but didn't. And what happened that year? All I'm saying is dunloy are a better team than their league form shows. Ballycastle are a long way off yet.

Glensman

Quote from: chocoholic on August 27, 2012, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 27, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
St. Johns V Lamh Dhearg Friday at 8.15pm in Casement

Loughgiel V Glenariffe Saturday at 7pm in Armoy

St. Galls V Ruairi Og Sunday at 2.30pm in Casement

Dunloy V Ballycastle Sunday at 6pm in Loughgiel

Well done our county board for arranging such a random set of fixtures over 3 days in different areas of the county just so as people have to cough up entrance fees 4 times. Why could we not have had a couple of double headers? St. Johns V Lamh's and Cushendall V St. Galls in Casement on Saturday evening and Loughgiel V Glenariffe and Dunloy V Ballycastle in Armoy/Cushendall/ Glenravel on Sunday? You couldn't make it up.

Are you sure they aren't double headed up with IHC or JHC games? Think there's plenty of those games aswell.

Dall by 10
Johnnies by 15
Ballycastle by 1 or 2
Lougheil by 8

There are a few double headers involving the other championships.

http://antrimgaa.net/fixtures-results/

Does seem a little strange not grouping a couple of the senior games together though.

Johnnies by 10
Dall by 11
Dunloy by 6
Loughgeil by 15