Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManInBlackandGreen

Mr2 that meeting I heard was a complete white wash, wee joe is quoted as saying that e t wouldn't get another game after the cargin v johnnies debacle, ffs he has had 3 championship games!!!! No one gives a fck about referees, in short look after yourself and crucify any asshole that wants to go toe to toe with you. Then you'll get a reputation of he takes no shit, either play or you end up on the line. Fck to many glasses of that vino, the cork v Donegal game is a goodn

winker3716

Ah come on lads, the referee thing is boring.  MR2, I did not know you were a ref as well!  Maybe, just maybe you should consider initiating a new thread for referees as well.  MIBAG and your good self could become "honorary moderators" and maybe sort out all this shit  out about refs.

At a personal level, there is only one hurling ref who acts and controls game with impartiality and that's wee Hasson from Derry.

You have acknowledged it yourself,  and I quote "I hate both clubs and don't give a shit" therein lies the problem as I see it.  Refs have their own personal agenda and egos to preserve.  Elliott, Duffy, Herbie, Mathews & Co. all egotists who persist in demanding respect, yet fail to reciprocate respect to opposing teams.

Wee Hasson for the county Final in my book, at least both teams will get a fair deal!  We Hasson also has been accumulating lots of experience at Croke in recent years also. He certainly appears to be the favoured one at Croke, as far as big games are concerned.  Officiating at Croke on Sunday the 9th again!  Looks like the profile of Antrim hurling referees are just not upto the mark. Some radical change again needed where hurling refs are concerned in Antrim? ;)
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: winker3716 on August 26, 2012, 06:41:37 PM
Ah come on lads, the referee thing is boring.  MR2, I did not know you were a ref as well!  Maybe, just maybe you should consider initiating a new thread for referees as well.  MIBAG and your good self could become "honorary moderators" and maybe sort out all this shit  out about refs.

At a personal level, there is only one hurling ref who acts and controls game with impartiality and that's wee Hasson from Derry.

You have acknowledged it yourself,  and I quote "I hate both clubs and don't give a shit" therein lies the problem as I see it.  Refs have their own personal agenda and egos to preserve.  Elliott, Duffy, Herbie, Mathews & Co. all egotists who persist in demanding respect, yet fail to reciprocate respect to opposing teams.

Wee Hasson for the county Final in my book, at least both teams will get a fair deal!  We Hasson also has been accumulating lots of experience at Croke in recent years also. He certainly appears to be the favoured one at Croke, as far as big games are concerned.  Officiating at Croke on Sunday the 9th again!  Looks like the profile of Antrim hurling referees are just not upto the mark. Some radical change again needed where hurling refs are concerned in Antrim? ;)

Listen turkey, and this is the last time I'll post anything relating to any of your posts, as in my view, your are just another reincarnation of the WUM's that have been kicked off here repeatedly.

If you are going to quote me then have the decency to to post the quote

'i don't like either club and don't give a shit who wins'

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

winker3716

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 26, 2012, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: winker3716 on August 26, 2012, 06:41:37 PM

Listen turkey, and this is the last time I'll post anything relating to any of your posts, as in my view, your are just another reincarnation of the WUM's that have been kicked off here repeatedly.

If you are going to quote me then have the decency to to post the quote

'i don't like either club and don't give a shit who wins'
Now lad, tha's not very nice talk.  If you don't mind me asking by the way, what is a "WUM", new to me?

Well to quote you as you said:
I referee the way I would like a referee would do in a game I play in. As MIBG has said only a few do this. Problem is when you let the hard tackles go, the amount of gurning you get from the players, mentors and supporters is un fooking real. I was called a cheat about 5/6 times during the match, I booked the players and sent to mentors to the line. I asked them how was I cheating? I said i don't like either club and don't give a shit who wins, could they understand?? No, thick as fcuk.

A lad was injured and the umpire squealed, yes squealed at me to look at the lad who was injured I said I will but I'm busy sorting this out, he was still squealing at me saying that I wasn't human!!! What a nob.

Even the wee fullback said I'll speak to you after the game!! I booked him and after the match I went over to see what he had to say, of course he'd nowt to say, hopefully I get them again

Oh the mad squealing umpire came to me after the game and asked what I was going to do about the lad that got sent off, I said straight for punching player in the face, asked me is there anything I could do?? I said teach the lads to play hurling and stop fighting (d**khead)

It appears everyone is either a "Nob or a d**Khead" but you, seems to be a trait of referees! You must be a hardman, when a wee full back does not square up to you, what age was he, 7?

No need for these threatening-negative words MR2! Relax lad, the tablets will kick in soon :D
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

saffron89

this is a topic visited before and will be visited again.

referee at present accepts way too much shite from players and the sideline. 

to stop it all players mentors need to wise up  MR2 your own mate when manager fell into that bracket a few times as well i was watching.

think the south let too much go to tell you the truth, ie Cyrill talking about it all week

would forge ahead that only people allowed to talk to ref is the captains.  still feel 10 yards for mouthing isn't used enough, though at the start for people to catch on there are going to be some yards

Jesusjones

At last we are getting down to the serious stuff, any predictions for the weekend folks?

I'll go:

St. Galls V Cushendall    Dall by 7
Loughgiel V Glenariffe Lgiel by 10
Ballycastle V Dunloy  Dunloy by 4
St. Johns V Lamhs  Johnnies by 5

north aontroim gael

Pretty much similar to JJ.

St. Galls V Cushendall    Dall by 8
Loughgiel V Glenariffe    Lgiel by 12
Ballycastle V Dunloy       Dunloy by 3
St. Johns V Lamhs        Johnnies by 6

north aontroim gael

Are any of these games double headers?  Anyone know venues / times?

Think the Dunloy v Ballycastle game will be the closest and will be worth a watch.

Jesusjones

St. Johns V Lamh Dhearg Friday at 8.15pm in Casement

Loughgiel V Glenariffe Saturday at 7pm in Armoy

St. Galls V Ruairi Og Sunday at 2.30pm in Casement

Dunloy V Ballycastle Sunday at 6pm in Loughgiel

Well done our county board for arranging such a random set of fixtures over 3 days in different areas of the county just so as people have to cough up entrance fees 4 times. Why could we not have had a couple of double headers? St. Johns V Lamh's and Cushendall V St. Galls in Casement on Saturday evening and Loughgiel V Glenariffe and Dunloy V Ballycastle in Armoy/Cushendall/ Glenravel on Sunday? You couldn't make it up.

johnneycool

They'll need the lights on for the friday night game...

Is Tosh wanting a breeding program but in place to address Antrim's hurling woes? Radical to say the least.

From HS:

McIntosh admits Antrim are "light years behind"
27 August 2012
Antrim U21 manager Johnny McIntosh has called for a radical shake-up of the county's hurling structures after his side's Bord Gais Energy All-Ireland semi-final mauling by Clare.

"We are just gutted," he is quoted as saying in The Irish News.

"What's more frustrating for us is that an U21 team that we have put an amount of work into and to come down like that, we are just light years behind them physically.

"We can talk what we like about developing the game of hurling in Antrim and in Ulster, but physically we are light years behind. Our fastest players on the field were made look slow and averagely slow and that was our problem."

He continued: "It is all about a structure that needs to be put into place so we can breed bigger, stronger, more physical and faster players with hurling ability so we can compete. I can't balme any of the players of anything that they haven't done, it is just simply something that needs to be done to benefit Antrim hurling."

Send the best camogs out to Jamaica, is that it?

Jesusjones

I'd be happy enough to give up my time to go over to Jamaica and oversee the project!!!  ;)

Milltown Row2

He has a point Johnney, we certainly (Antrim) don't have big skillful mobile players, We'd need 15 players of the size and ability of the likes of NMcM. Elliot, twice in yesterdays game had a run at the Clare defence, twice he was caught, Elliot is quick, one of the quickest I've seen, but very light and physically not up to the demands of intercounty hurling, yet.

As for breeding, It's more about developing our teams and insuring that all the players on those development squads work on there personal strengthening and conditioning.

If I had to do it all again I'd have hit the gym, not blessed with height I'd would have at least worked on the areas that would have greatly improved my game. I don't think we have enough players who buy into playing for the county, end of. Look at Donegal Antrim beat them a few seasons ago, similar team to yesterday but they all do their own training plus county training they have bought into Jim's plans and stick to it. When an Antrim team goes out with that attitude then we might be able to compete.......... might!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2012, 12:31:38 PM
He has a point Johnney, we certainly (Antrim) don't have big skillful mobile players, We'd need 15 players of the size and ability of the likes of NMcM. Elliot, twice in yesterdays game had a run at the Clare defence, twice he was caught, Elliot is quick, one of the quickest I've seen, but very light and physically not up to the demands of intercounty hurling, yet.

As for breeding, It's more about developing our teams and insuring that all the players on those development squads work on there personal strengthening and conditioning.

If I had to do it all again I'd have hit the gym, not blessed with height I'd would have at least worked on the areas that would have greatly improved my game. I don't think we have enough players who buy into playing for the county, end of. Look at Donegal Antrim beat them a few seasons ago, similar team to yesterday but they all do their own training plus county training they have bought into Jim's plans and stick to it. When an Antrim team goes out with that attitude then we might be able to compete.......... might!!
[/b]

now you talking, we only think we are commited
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

St Galls v Cushendall - depends on what St. Galls team shows up, if any  ;).  Dall by minimum 6

Shamrocks v Oisins - I'd have to fancy us to win this one, no surprise there then  :P . Shamrocks by 8

McQuillans v Cuchullains - I think Dunloy will win this one handy enough. 6 points

St. John's v Lamh Dhearg - johnnies by 4 or 5

I can't wait for this to start. My favourite time of the year.  :)

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

It would be great if they put all 4 matches on one after the other in Casement. You'd happily pay a tenner in to see that