American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Pats have picked up Chad Ochocinco too.
Redskins get a 2013 5th round pick for Haynesworth.What a bust he turned out to be.
As expected Kevin Kolb goes to Arizona.

magpie seanie

Some interesting stuff going on. Ochocinco to the Patriots is my fav so far!

Bears have been doing a bit. TE merry go round as follows: traded Greg Olsen for a 3rd round pick and got rid of blocking tight end Manumaleuna as he failed his medical. Brought in Spaeth from Pittsburgh. Unlike a lot of Bears fans I'm happy with this. Olsen is a top pass catcher but not a good blocker so teams knew when he lined up he was a pass target. Spaeth, though not as good a pass catcher as Olsen is decent in that regard and is a good blocker so can do both jobs. Also, Roy Williams who they got too is better than any of the exisiting WR's there and is a good red zone target, an area the Bears struggled badly with last season.

Minder

Looks like the Nhamdi Asomugha sweepstakes are down to the Jets and Cowboys.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

turk

Old man Randy Moss! Where will he end up?

Offalylad

Pats keeping up with their reputation of taking in the problem children of the Nfl.

The Iceman

Their coach is the only one who can handle these guys....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Club Rossa

Vince Young has signed a 1 year deal in Philly.
Thought the Redskins would have tried to get Young.He's not great but would be better than Rex Grossman or John Beck.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 29, 2011, 03:31:45 PM
Some interesting stuff going on. Ochocinco to the Patriots is my fav so far!

Bears have been doing a bit. TE merry go round as follows: traded Greg Olsen for a 3rd round pick and got rid of blocking tight end Manumaleuna as he failed his medical. Brought in Spaeth from Pittsburgh. Unlike a lot of Bears fans I'm happy with this. Olsen is a top pass catcher but not a good blocker so teams knew when he lined up he was a pass target. Spaeth, though not as good a pass catcher as Olsen is decent in that regard and is a good blocker so can do both jobs. Also, Roy Williams who they got too is better than any of the exisiting WR's there and is a good red zone target, an area the Bears struggled badly with last season.
The hoody played a blinder in this one, Chad Ocho loves the limelight but he is a solid citizen and incredible athlete who comes to win every time. Haynesworth is a lazy bum who is blessed with incredible talent and cursed with a lack of character, he will be on a short lease. The Pats and the Packers in the Superbowl baby, ye heard it here first.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Agree on those Patriots ones. Think Ochocinco will do well there. With their organisaion and Tom Brady under centre its a great opportunity for him. Haynesworth will prove useful or he will be soon gone, I'm betting on the former.

Minder

Ochocinco gets treated pretty harshly i think, ok he is a gobshite but he is never in any off field bother, unlike quite a few NFL players. He is always in tremendous shape, so obviously looks after himself & will be a good pickup in Fantasy leagues.

Haynesworth is just lazy and is the latest in a long line of players that stopped trying when they got a massive contract.

Minder

Quote from: Minder on July 29, 2011, 04:18:02 PM

Jets are out  :o

How 'bout them Cowboys

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on July 29, 2011, 10:58:09 PM

How 'bout them Cowboys

Y'know in a perverse sort of way I was hoping the jets would get him. I think Brady and Belichik vs that pass defense would have been compelling viewing.

Minder

Quote from: mc_grens on July 29, 2011, 11:08:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 29, 2011, 10:58:09 PM

How 'bout them Cowboys

Y'know in a perverse sort of way I was hoping the jets would get him. I think Brady and Belichik vs that pass defense would have been compelling viewing.

There would have been a lot of catches for the Pats tight ends ! Was watching NFL Network earlier and Marshall Faulk or Warren Sapp reckoned it may not have worked because Revis would play either corner, basically following the No1 receiver and Asomugha always stayed in the same corner. I reckon he is going to the Cowboys because they were offering the biggest contract !

Cowboys now out too !

Eagles they reckon

Minder

Confirmed to Eagles.

5 yrs $60m - $25m guranteed.

AZOffaly

Wow. And they got DRC from the Cards. Going to be hard to pass on the Eagles this year. TEs and slot receivers who play against the eagles a lot might be good fantasy value.