American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2011, 11:00:38 AM
Quote from: Declan on March 25, 2011, 10:58:08 AM
http://stats.cleveland.com/cbk/story.asp?i=20110303050032894354708

That story about BYU is just mad. Can you imagine a similar story for Sigerson/Fitzgibbon?

In fairness to BYU, you might disagree with them, but they are very committed to the Mormon belief system and values. They regularly lose athletes when they goe on the Mormon missions, and obviously they upheld this particular directive as well, even though it obviously hurt them.

If I ever have a daughter she's going to BYU.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 25, 2011, 11:32:33 AM
Baseball season is almost here. Is anyone interested in doing a gaa board fantasy baseball league?

I wouldn't mind Pat. Are you starting one
?

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2011, 11:05:53 AM
Quote from: Declan on March 25, 2011, 11:04:22 AM
Absolutely AZ but it just sounds bizarre

Almost cultish.

In fairness the lad knew what he was doing and what the implications would be. Its not like the school's code isn't known and understood by all students.
He also could have kept his mouth shut about it.......

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Minder

Talk of Cam Newton going #1 in the draft, absolutely mental in my view if he did.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Minder on March 25, 2011, 05:32:55 PM
Talk of Cam Newton going #1 in the draft, absolutely mental in my view if he did.

Hoping that the niners will get either Peterson or Miller. Peterson shouldn't drop to 7 but there are so many teams that need a QB so it may happen.

Capt Pat

I play a few of them every year against yanks I dont know. It would be more interesting to play against Gaa Board people I dont know. It is a long season and tends to drag a bit and you have to make changes all the time.

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2011, 12:51:05 PM
Baseball season is almost here. Is anyone interested in doing a gaa board fantasy baseball league?

?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 25, 2011, 06:33:43 PM
I play a few of them every year against yanks I dont know. It would be more interesting to play against Gaa Board people I dont know. It is a long season and tends to drag a bit and you have to make changes all the time.

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2011, 12:51:05 PM

?

There is a league on yahoo - res dubs 2011 league.
I dont have the league details anymore to signup but emailed the commish to post the info here.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

If ye are interested, here is an ESPN Fantasy league 'lite'. It's like the Soccer/Rugby ones we play here, no draft, just stay within a budget. Change your lineup once a week.

This game challenges you to build a roster of pro baseball players, consisting of 9 position players and a pitching staff, while staying under your team's $50m salary cap. Best of all, it's FREE to play.

Get in the action now:
http://games.espn.go.com/baseball-challenge/en/group?groupID=5225
Group: Minor Leaguers
Password: godbacks

AZOffaly

Summer must be on the way. The clocks are forward, and the boys of Summer start their season today. Major League Baseball is back. Anyone want to join that thing I posted above?

ONeill

The Chargers Girls are hosting their new blade recruitment - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandiegochargers/with/5601291643/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

Being a judge for that must be tough.

Haven't paid much attention to the Draft.

Whats been happening with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, last I heard they were going to court.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gallsman

Manny Ramirez retires after testing positive for PEDs again.

Sport is rotten to the core.

DrinkingHarp

Good hard hitting game scheduled for London 2011

Bears vs Bucs

If the season goes ahead  ::)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110412_bearsbucs_to_meet_in_london
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Claw

A little disappointed in that matchup to be honest. Saw the Bucs two years ago and while they are a much better team now, they don't have many players that I would really like to see. Same with the Bears, good but not great. I'll be looking foward to seeing Mike Williams, Freeman, Cutler, Urlacher, Forte, but they don't hold the same appeal as the likes of Willis, Moss & Dawkins - real iconic players.

Minder

Quote from: The Claw on April 13, 2011, 04:59:47 PM
A little disappointed in that matchup to be honest. Saw the Bucs two years ago and while they are a much better team now, they don't have many players that I would really like to see. Same with the Bears, good but not great. I'll be looking foward to seeing Mike Williams, Freeman, Cutler, Urlacher, Forte, but they don't hold the same appeal as the likes of Willis, Moss & Dawkins - real iconic players.

Yeah agree, it is a really underwhelming pairing.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"