American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 16, 2011, 11:14:03 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 16, 2011, 11:10:32 PM
Have a bad feeling the Jets are gonna win the Super Bowl

+1 hope im wrong though, can't stand Rex Ryan

That is the main reason for my dislike of them. A total gobshite.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on January 16, 2011, 11:19:33 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 16, 2011, 11:14:03 PM

+1 hope im wrong though, can't stand Rex Ryan

That is the main reason for my dislike of them. A total gobshite.

I agree with all of that.

Plenty of time for the Pats to sort it out though I'm not too fond of them either.

gallsman

DrinkingHarp

Steelers vs Bears

Bears win the Super Bowl by 3
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ballinaman

GalwayBayBoy

Belichick called a terrible game it must be said. Sexy Rexy definitely won that one.

thejuice

Pats just didn't execute the trick plays. When they work Belichick is the smartest coach in the business. But nothing worked all night. Jets had an answer for everything from them.  Jets secondary were immense, I would love to have had them in atlanta last night.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

anportmorforjfc

Hope the packers win it all!

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Capt Pat

The Steelers will win it. Sanchez isn't good enough at QB for the Jets the Pats have at times the worst pass defense in the NFL wheras the Jets have just about the best pass defense when they are in the mood that was the big difference last night.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 17, 2011, 03:37:34 PM
The Steelers will win it. Sanchez isn't good enough at QB for the Jets the Pats have at times the worst pass defense in the NFL wheras the Jets have just about the best pass defense when they are in the mood that was the big difference last night.

They will also be facing a team that can run the ball consistently, something the Colts or Pats couldn't, which makes a huge difference in coverages.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anportmorforjfc

NBA league pass free until sunday, deadly picture.

The Iceman

JETS were solid against the Pats at the weekend, with their special teams being the only weak link. They should bounce back and I really fancy them to beat the Steelers. Pittsburgh were not fantastic and still won though which is worrying - there best might be still to come.

Would prefer the Bears over the Packers, Rogers has been amazing all year but my heart is with the Bears.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight