American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

adthe do good links.

Thought Kansas were going to get caught there but pulling away. Pressure back on the Chargers later tonight.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Family guy

Yeah use atdhe but messing about 2day.Looking forward to the colts game,what way can you see it goin??

Family guy

The Bears have put themselves well into the reckoning now,very high scoring game,should make the playoffs now

Capt Pat

The NFC is kind of rubbishy this year after the Vikings and Cowboys collapsed, Cardinals had Warner retire and Boldin went to the Ravens and Dansby to the Dolphins, Saints aren't as good as last year and Packers have a lot of injuries. It has allowed lesser teams like the Falcons to lead the conference and allows the Bears to make the playoffs. The superbowl winner will come from the AFC

ballinaman

Chargers rolling again come the business end of the season. Stand by for playoff implosion though.

mc_grens

Quote from: ballinaman on November 29, 2010, 04:01:34 AM
Chargers rolling again come the business end of the season. Stand by for playoff implosion though.

Not so sure this season. One of the two chief imploders is playing in Green and White now. We could still get Norved though.

ballinaman

Quote from: mc_grens on November 29, 2010, 07:05:22 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 29, 2010, 04:01:34 AM

Not so sure this season. One of the two chief imploders is playing in Green and White now. We could still get Norved though.
Ya, fingers crossed this year. Big game next week against the raiders, has been a gimme game last few seasons but they have improved. Tolbert deserves to keep his place ahead of Matthews

Puckoon

Quote from: thejuice on November 27, 2010, 10:49:42 PM
Boise state just dont do boring games, do they.

In fairness Juice - they dont. I am usually cheering very hard for the Boise team - they are a great team to bet on, almost always being a big big winner. They are great to watch, and who could forget the hook and ladder and the statue of liberty in the Fiesta Bowl a few years back.

I watched the telvised broadcast of the Nevada game last night. Mackay Stadium looked like a fun place to be, and it certainly was. Boise were a bit like Armagh of 2003- 2005 - not used to being pressurised in the last quarter (the difference being that Boise have games generally killed off by the middle of the third quarter). Their defence was just punctured and the ability to concentrate for 40 plays and then get the second string in (which is what Boise have had the luxury of doing all season long, bar the Virginia Tech game) versus having to concentrate for 70 plays in a game condition you are not used to, took its toll.

RealSpiritof98

Hopefully the 49ers can pull off a win tonight to go 4-2 for the last 6 and unbelievably be still in with a shout at the Div title after a 0-5 start, although the NFC west has been ultra inconsistent and v. poor this season.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 29, 2010, 04:50:48 PM
Hopefully the 49ers can pull off a win tonight to go 4-2 for the last 6 and unbelievably be still in with a shout at the Div title after a 0-5 start, although the NFC west has been ultra inconsistent and v. poor this season.

+1 cant wait for the game! Hoping for a big game from Crabtree tonight.

Gabriel_Hurl

I need 15 points from Gore tonight  >:(

anportmorforjfc

Great win last night to keep the playoffs hope alive. Now they just need to go to Green Bay and win :-\. Suppose its possible. Gore out for the rest of the season with a hip injury but Westbrook came in and did well. Can see 8-8 winning the division which would mean the niners would have to beat either Green Bay or San Diego both away. St Louis still have to go to New Orleans and Seattle and have Tampa Bay and Atlanta at home none of them are handy wins. Seattle look the best placed to win it, but having lost 4 out of the last 5 they aren't looking good at the minute. Some exciting games in the next 5 weeks.

magpie seanie

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see 7-9 win that division. I think Rams are slight favs but niners have a good chance now that they've a bit of momentum.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 30, 2010, 10:30:30 AM
Great win last night to keep the playoffs hope alive. Now they just need to go to Green Bay and win :-\. Suppose its possible. Gore out for the rest of the season with a hip injury but Westbrook came in and did well. Can see 8-8 winning the division which would mean the niners would have to beat either Green Bay or San Diego both away. St Louis still have to go to New Orleans and Seattle and have Tampa Bay and Atlanta at home none of them are handy wins. Seattle look the best placed to win it, but having lost 4 out of the last 5 they aren't looking good at the minute. Some exciting games in the next 5 weeks.
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 30, 2010, 12:23:23 PM
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see 7-9 win that division. I think Rams are slight favs but niners have a good chance now that they've a bit of momentum.

Westbrook definitely stepped up to the plate which softens the blow on the Gore injury. Good performance but I think the Cards put nothing up on the night. I do think the play offs are a possibility, am i right in saying if a 7-9 does win it it would be the 1st time a team under .500 won a Div title.

ross4life

lebron James is getting a great welcome back to Cleveland  :D (now live on ESPN)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open