American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Maybe Singletary will follow him :-\. They'll probably wait to the end of the season.

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 22, 2010, 09:15:06 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 22, 2010, 07:13:17 PM
Chilly gets the boot in Minnesota. Signed a contract extension last year worth about $4m a year so he is laughing.

Had to happen. I've heard several respected NFL reporters on radio over there commenting on how his almost bizarre behaviour was nearly a cry for the owner to fire him.

Not quite bad enough to be fired 'with cause', but bad enough to get him his payoff. Cutting Moss 4 weeks after giving up a #3 pick for him, without even letting the owner know was not a career move.

That was either Schefter or M Dub on ESPN Football Today wasnt it. I think I remember hearing that.

Rossie11

Lads looking for opinions on one of the Thanksgiving games tomorrow before I place a bet

The bookies are going even money 51pts under/over on the Saints Dallas game.
Any one else think this is very high?

The Saints have got some players back on Def and are ranked 3rd overall.
Reggie Bush may be back and the options he gives them obviously means they could put up alot of pts on the board.
However they are on the road and winning the game will be all that Sean Payton will be thinking of rather than a memorable TV shoot out for the millions as they munch on the turkey.

All opinions welcome..

magpie seanie

I think New Orleans offense has got its mojo back and could well hit 30 points. A lot depends on the Dallas defense which really hasn't done anythnig to inspire confidence. NO's defense is good but Kitna has been doing well and will throw the ball a lot. Their lack of running game will keep time on the clock, another factor to consider.

I'd worry that 51 points could be hit.

The Claw

I'd agree with Seanie here. The Saints are always capable of putting up a big score and have been hitting stride lately. Although the Saints' defence has been good this year, I wouldn't put it past the Cowboys to score 3 tds and the Saints to make up the rest.
I'd stay away from it.

ross4life

Anyone here keeping tabs on the NBA? seems to mainly NFL

Was at the Miami heat v Charlotte Bobcats game last weekend excellent match/atmosphere bobcats almost pulled off a shock! lakers & Boston Celts looks like the teams to beat this year.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

ross4life

Quote from: Puckoon on November 24, 2010, 04:49:40 PM
Most years.

Well last couple of years anyways, 90s had Rockets v Bulls then early 00s had Spurs v lakers

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Minder

Brady putting on a clinic, 21/27 for 300+ yds and 4tds. Four of his last ten passes have been touchdowns.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2010, 08:19:05 PM
Brady putting on a clinic, 21/27 for 300+ yds and 4tds. Four of his last ten passes have been touchdowns.

See the fantasy thread for my reaction.  ;D

Minder

Did a Pats (-6.5) Saints (-4) double. C'mon the Saints.

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2010, 08:47:39 PM
Did a Pats (-6.5) Saints (-4) double. C'mon the Saints.

Saints -4 is a pretty good line. It'll will be a tight one I'd say. I thought that line would settle at about -2.5. Vegas still not sure about the Cowboys' renaissance I think.

Family guy

I think your good minder,can see the saints putting a big one over on them

Minder

Quote from: Family guy on November 25, 2010, 08:54:59 PM
You would imagine Kitna will revert to type and throw three or four picks at some stage, hopefully tonight.

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2010, 09:16:53 PM
Quote from: Family guy on November 25, 2010, 08:54:59 PM
You would imagine Kitna will revert to type and throw three or four picks at some stage, hopefully tonight.
Not to mention his shitty O-line.