American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

What a win for the Falcons. I believe they are genuine contenders now. really happy with the spirit of the team. Mike SMith has them all pulling together. While they had a good record the losses to the Steelers and Eagles had me thinking they were going to make the play-offs and drop out early. But winning that game has shown they are genuine contenders and can bump shoulders with the bigger teams.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Every week my Superbowl favourite changes. Don't know who it is now but Atlanta has to be seriously considered.

Minder

If the Falcons got homefield advantage in the NFC they would be hard to stop. I am not sure if I would trust them to win a big game on the road. It's not as if anyone is standing out in the NFC though, the Saints are still going to have a big say as they get Bush and Thomas back.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Jets Browns in a real dawg fight in Cleveland.  20-20 overtime, Cotchery makes a super catch just now to keep the jets alive.

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

f**k Folk! third miss of the day!

Carmen Stateside

Santonio Holmes TD with 16 secs of overtime left wins it for Jets. Good game.

mc_grens

Lovin Denver trouncing KC. If they keep this up it'll be one of the best bye weeks ever for SD!

anportmorforjfc

Niners offense playin well, giving up needless penaltys though :( 10-3 niners

Carmen Stateside

Giants getting humped by Cowboys in the new Meadowlands.
6-26

anportmorforjfc

49ers win 23-20 in OT, unbelievable game

Family guy

Big win for the patriots,any reports on game as didnt get staying up 2 watch it?

mc_grens

Quote from: Family guy on November 15, 2010, 08:11:19 AM
Big win for the patriots,any reports on game as didnt get staying up 2 watch it?

Haven't read the recap yet but Bill Simmons tweeted that it was one of the all time great Tom Brady performances. Not that the sports guy would get over excited about a good Boston performance or anything!

Minder

McNabb has signed a five year extension with the Skins, with $40m guaranteed. He must have some agent to get that type of deal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Thought himself and Shanahan had gotten off to a bad start. Maybe not.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016