American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Must win game for the giants tonight i think. Can't let the phillies gain all the momentum. Cain needs to have a good game because not much is happening on offense apart from an odd Homer here and there. Hopefully that will change tonight. 

Capt Pat

Dallas Clark the Indianapolis Colts tight end is finsihed for the season. He has been put on IR and has to have wrist surgery. You can make the Steelers favorites for the super bowl at this point in the season and drop the Colts back into the pack.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 22, 2010, 06:18:11 PM
Dallas Clark the Indianapolis Colts tight end is finsihed for the season. He has been put on IR and has to have wrist surgery. You can make the Steelers favorites for the super bowl at this point in the season and drop the Colts back into the pack.

huge loss for indiana , any one got the odds for the superbowl thinking of throwing a few bob on baltimore had a dream last night that they won :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Capt Pat

Tyrones own

Giants headed to the world series  ;D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stew

Big game the night, I am going to enjoy watching Brent trying to throw the ball to Moss and I expect Charles woodson to have a big game. Brent will try and throw aat Al harris if he plays as he has not played in almost a year and if he does manage to get the ball in there I  expect the vikings to win.

Favre will make it about him and hopefully he will feck this up, oh and for all you favre fans out there in gaaland, your hero is going to get suspended for sexually harassing Jets employees, jet favre my arse.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Capt Pat

Harris won't play, the Packers are carrying too many injuries to stay competitive in this game. As long as the Vikings mind Jennings and Driver, they should win.

ONeill

Chargers making serious errors again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Raiders beating Broncos 31-0

Edit - Now 38-0
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Really painful watching the Chargers this year. Countless turnovers, penalties and errors.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2010, 11:00:39 PM
Really painful watching the Chargers this year. Countless turnovers, penalties and errors.

Another team comes to mind there :(

ONeill

What has happened from previous years?

Surely LT's loss hasn't knocked the confidence that badly?

They appear to be the most ill-disciplined team. Luckily, topping their division is still, remarkably, attainable.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 24, 2010, 05:05:21 AM
Giants headed to the world series  ;D

Can they handle Cliff Lee?

The guy is a relentless machine!!But maybe the Giants offense will be a bit better than the Yankees or the Rays.

thejuice

Two shite teams coming to Wembley next week, at least it should be close and not the mismatch of last year. I have a spare ticket by the way.

Falcons are 5-2 leading the NFC. However the schedule this year is much more forgiving. Still not an explosive offence and Ryan is nowhere near an elite QB. On defence they are very suspect. So I predict winning the NFC South and maybe one win in the play-offs but that's the height of it. If we could get home-field advantage maybe, just maybe we might go a bit further.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 24, 2010, 09:50:20 PM
Harris won't play, the Packers are carrying too many injuries to stay competitive in this game. As long as the Vikings mind Jennings and Driver, they should win.

pat, the pack have lost to three teams by a combined 9 points, two in overtime, I fully expect the pack to win this game despite the injuries, it's gut check time and the pack will be very, very motivated to beat ten shades of shite out of the tube favre.

The old mudslinger is going to throw the ball all over the park but Woodson will pick him off twice, that is if he even throws it his way.

With Matthews back Brent wil be sacked three or four times, the claymaker is a beast and he will do serious damage.

Prediction, packers 27 queens 17.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.