American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 06, 2010, 12:38:25 PM
The broncos have lost NFL sack leader Dumervil for the season. He tore a pectoral muscle and is out for at least 4 months I think. That means Denver have now lost their 2 best players from last season,  wide receiver Marshall and Dumervil.

It's the one thing I hate about the NFL: injuries. The game is so violent that it's unavoidable, but I hate that we're so often robbed of seeing the best players e.g. Both Bob Sanders and Troy Polamalu missed almost the entire year last year. That's a huge shame.

AZOffaly

And now they will be going to 18 games a season in the new CBA (I'll bet), so imagine the extra injuries? They'll have to increase rosters.

Capt Pat

Brett Favre is headed back to Minnesota today to play ;D or to retire :'(

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 17, 2010, 09:02:42 PM
Brett Favre is headed back to Minnesota today to play ;D or to retire :'(

Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson and Ryan Longwell reportedly flew to Mississipi to coax the big baby back to play.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Well, does anyone follow this? They have good coverage on ESPN America (Channel 430 if you bought ESPN).

The marching bands and college girl cheerleaders are back as the players kick off tonight. ESPN America is showing Southern Miss @ South Carolina at 12.30 am tonight, followed by USC at Hawai'i. (Nice place to open your season).

I love the NFL, but the pageantry and colour of the NCAA Football, along with the 'folksy' commentators are real Americana as well. Plus the fight songs are great, especially Notre Dames and Ohio State's 'dotting the i' (look it up on You Tube)

wicked

The marching band shows at halftime are something else, as is the entire atmosphere surrounding college football. I'll take a Division I college game over the NFL any day.

Gabriel_Hurl

American Football is back on terristrial TV where it started

Channel 4 will be showing the Sunday nighter

new devil

Was at a Notre Dame game in southbend 2 years a go...By far the best sporting expierence i ever had

They are playing in both Giants and Yankee stadiums in the next few months

AZOffaly

new devil

AZOffaly

Notre Dame. They are playing Navy in Croker in autumn 2012.

new devil

Yea ment who were Notre Dame playing...Thats who there playing in Yankee stadium....Tickets pretty expensive...$270 for nosebleeds but well worth it

Gabriel_Hurl

It's Navy in Giants Stadium and Army at Yankee Stadium

stew

Quote from: new devil on September 03, 2010, 10:12:02 PM
Yea ment who were Notre Dame playing...Thats who there playing in Yankee stadium....Tickets pretty expensive...$270 for nosebleeds but well worth it

:D :D :D

Fitry bucks would be about right, $270.00 is a disgrace for the cheap seats, ye must have mney to burn.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

Yea it is a joke....but be a long time until they play in NY again so just have to suck it up