American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Same as, couldnt beleive it when i seen her.  Delonte is no oil painting himself but surely with all his millions he could do better than Gloria.
New York Post should run with the story soon enough, especially after LBJ turning down the Knicks.

AZOffaly

Stew should be along this evening, so I thought I'd get this here first.

Cue the Queens will win nothing, Favre is a joke and so on and so forth. In fairness he is some attention seeking hoor :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5433551&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

dec

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 03, 2010, 04:59:52 PM
Stew should be along this evening, so I thought I'd get this here first.
Cue the Queens will win nothing, Favre is a joke and so on and so forth. In fairness he is some attention seeking hoor :D
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5433551&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

I wonder what the NFL record is for most consecutive seasons announcing your retirement?

mc_grens

Wake me up when the Vikes first game starts and he's not under centre. Until then I'm believing nothing.

mc_grens

Quote from: mc_grens on August 03, 2010, 06:51:22 PM
Wake me up when the Vikes first game starts and he's not under centre. Until then I'm believing nothing.

Actually, I just checked, the Vikes bye is week 4. I'll believe nothing until the start of week 5's Vikes game.

Capt Pat

Seen on a cleveland fans site.

"Lebron may have gone south but his mother is still riding west" ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Albert Haynesworth still hasnt passed his conditioning test to be allowed start practice with the Redskins.
Haynesworth is supposedly 30 pounds lighter and in great shape.
I think its a bit petty of Shanahan not allowing him to practise without passing whats supposed to be a tough test for non line-men never mind a 330 pounder.

wicked

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 04, 2010, 12:55:39 AM
I think its a bit petty of Shanahan not allowing him to practise without passing whats supposed to be a tough test for non line-men never mind a 330 pounder.

It's also petty for Haynesworth to now pretend his knee is hurt when he can't pass the test.

He showed up the coach a fair bit in the offseason... not saying Shanahan isn't going overboard, but Haynesworth should have expected this.

mc_grens

Haynesworth is a professional athlete on a $100 million contract, and he can't run a 300m shuttle in 70 secs. Mike Golic is a 48 year old ex pro-football player, and he did it live on Mike&Mike on ESPN the other day.

Nuff said. I don't Shanahan is being that unreasonable.

As for the sore knee, I was out of shape until a couple months ago I started going to the gym regularly, and I can tell you my knee and ankles were sore and a little swollen when I first started back.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on August 04, 2010, 10:53:27 AM
Haynesworth is a professional athlete on a $100 million contract, and he can't run a 300m shuttle in 70 secs. Mike Golic is a 48 year old ex pro-football player, and he did it live on Mike&Mike on ESPN the other day.

Nuff said. I don't Shanahan is being that unreasonable.

As for the sore knee, I was out of shape until a couple months ago I started going to the gym regularly, and I can tell you my knee and ankles were sore and a little swollen when I first started back.

did Golic do it? Good stuff. Cheer cheer for old Notre Dame.

What's his name, Schlereth, said that he believed Mike Golic would do it because Golic has heart. Haynsworth has no heart.

That said a lot to me, that an ex player would call out Haynesworth for heart.

Minder

Haynesworth is just another in a long list of players that over performed in a contract year, got a huge contract and has hardly tried since. A lot of the blame should be with the Redskins for giving him such a huge contract when there have always been concerns about his attitude. You would think Snyder would have caught on by now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on August 04, 2010, 11:08:17 AM
Haynesworth is just another in a long list of players that over performed in a contract year, got a huge contract and has hardly tried since. A lot of the blame should be with the Redskins for giving him such a huge contract when there have always been concerns about his attitude. You would think Snyder would have caught on by now.

It's pretty astonishing how that happens, and it's not just football. You'd imagine they'd actually feel some sort of urge to perform, either because they like the game, because they are competitive, or because they want to earn their money.

Too many lads looking for Mo Money and then when they get it, they don't give a shite.

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 04, 2010, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 04, 2010, 11:08:17 AM

It's pretty astonishing how that happens, and it's not just football. You'd imagine they'd actually feel some sort of urge to perform, either because they like the game, because they are competitive, or because they want to earn their money.

Too many lads looking for Mo Money and then when they get it, they don't give a shite.

Mo money, Mo problems.

mc_grens

Good tweet from Rich Eisen:

So now we've heard from Favre who said he will return if healthy. Like I told you: Favre Watch is a marathon, not a sprint. Breathe people.

Capt Pat

The broncos have lost NFL sack leader Dumervil for the season. He tore a pectoral muscle and is out for at least 4 months I think. That means Denver have now lost their 2 best players from last season,  wide receiver Marshall and Dumervil.