American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 27, 2010, 11:13:07 PM
Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 24, 2010, 01:03:22 AM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

:D :D :D :D :D

Brilliant draft from the queens, not only do they draft the wrong players for the wrong positions but they managed to get worse instead of better simply by not picking the best available player.

Still, they are not so far removed from not getting their pick to the podium on time, I mean what sort of mickey mouse organization is it that cant even get their pick in on time.  :D

How does Farve taste now viking fans? the man is a prima donna and the Packers absolutely did the right thing.

Nice draft pack by the way. ;)

that botched draft pick turned into future hall of famer defensive tackle Kevin Williams. Favre statistically has his best season ever for us last year and the Vikings front office after a number of poor years in the first half of the 90s is one of the best at drafting in the NFL, so we will have to wait and see how this years picks turn out.

Capt, the vikings had a team capable of winning it all last year, they had everything except a quarterback that could be relied upon not to make it about him, they had the superbowl champions beaten, all he had t do was to fall forward and Longwell would have been in range, not the aul gunslinger though, nah he makes it about him, throws a ball across his body and gets picked and ruins yet another season for yet another team. Karma baby after what he did t the jets, he is a scabby hoor and this year the packers will hand him his ass, I am not even a pack fan and I cant wait for him to go toe to toe with rogers, rogers and the pack will eat him alive.

You've a very short memory Stew. And your dislike of Favre is colouring your judgement. Remember Adrian Peterson's 3 fumbles?

Minder

When the Dolphins were interviewing Dez Bryant during a pre draft visit one of Jeff Irelands questions was "Was your mother a prostitute?"  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I saw that. There's a big stink going on over there about it.

Apparently his mother has a prior conviction for drug use/supply and this question was asked by the Dolphins as part of their character check. Dunno what they would have done regardless of the answer though :)

mc_grens

Apparently they do ask some wacky questions though. Yer man Daniel Jeremiah did a bit about combine interviews on the Move The Sticks podcast and said that if a lad comes in who has concerns against their character, which was the case with Bryant, they'll ask questions designed to get their back up to see how they react.

The reasoning behind it is that opposing players are going to be doing the same thing. If Bryant had decked Jeff Ireland or blew up at the question chances are that when Darelle Revis asked the same question he'd lose the head too!

gallsman

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 24, 2010, 01:03:22 AM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

:D :D :D :D :D

Brilliant draft from the queens, not only do they draft the wrong players for the wrong positions but they managed to get worse instead of better simply by not picking the best available player.

Still, they are not so far removed from not getting their pick to the podium on time, I mean what sort of mickey mouse organization is it that cant even get their pick in on time.  :D

How does Farve taste now viking fans? the man is a prima donna and the Packers absolutely did the right thing.

Nice draft pack by the way. ;)

Predictable drivel.

AZOffaly

I meant to say, nice pickup on free agency by the Cardinals there. Alan Faneca, the multi pro bowl Offensive Guard released by the Jets. He's 33 years of age, so probably only a year or two left in him, but he should help Matt Leinhart by helping pick up some of those blitz packages.

Leinhart is left handed, so the right side of the O-Line is very important as it'll be Leinhart's blind side. Right Tackle has yet to be filled, so Faneca may well move to right guard to bring a bit of experience to that side, especially if Letui doesn't sign.

Another good, solid, unspectacular addition that will make them better. Also another ex-Steeler as Whisenhunt tries to relocate Pittsburgh to Arizona :D

gallsman

Nice $7.75 million for a one year contract for Faneca too as the Jets owed him 5.35 million!

Read that Chris Johnson hasn't reported to the Titans yet and has been reported as saying that her wants to be the highest paid offensive player in the league.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2010, 01:33:51 PM
Nice $7.75 million for a one year contract for Faneca too as the Jets owed him 5.35 million!

Read that Chris Johnson hasn't reported to the Titans yet and has been reported as saying that her wants to be the highest paid offensive player in the league.

He said that last year as well.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2010, 01:33:51 PM

He is in a strong bargaining position too. I can see where he is coming from (even though he signed a 5 contract last year) as running backs have a very short shelf life at the very top, average 3 or 4 years I think so he is looking to cash in now. A team will certainly "restructure" a contract if a player is underperforming so they should restructure Johnsons as he is obviously performing well above it.

BallyhaiseMan

Alan Faneca deserves everything he gets, hes a future hall of famer and one of the greatest offensive linemen of all time.
He will help the cardinals and Leinart/Anderson.
Seems like big Jamarcus is going to be released if he doesnt take a paycut,before the raiders mini camp opens Monday.
He should go some place where he can learn under a pro bowler in a stable organisation like back to Louisiana and backup Brees.

mc_grens

I think Jamarcus Russell will end up in KC.

Apparently the reason Pioli took Eric Berry in the draft instead of the top left tackle prospect was that he knew Russell would be available and he has all the size and athleticism needed to be a top LT...

;D ;D ;D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mc_grens on April 29, 2010, 04:20:15 PM
I think Jamarcus Russell will end up in KC.

Apparently the reason Pioli took Eric Berry in the draft instead of the top left tackle prospect was that he knew Russell would be available and he has all the size and athleticism needed to be a top LT...

;D ;D ;D

Nice one McGrens  :D
What a waste of god given talent,The guy had a cannon of an arm, and was actually mobile,if he werent 3/4 stone overweight.
Although seeing that he has 25-30 million dollars guaranteed so im sure he will be ok.

Capt Pat

The Raiders can't cut Jamarcus if he has a bad back. You are not allowed to cut players when they are injured. A bad back may be part of the reason he has put on so much weight

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 29, 2010, 05:43:11 PM
The Raiders can't cut Jamarcus if he has a bad back. You are not allowed to cut players when they are injured. A bad back may be part of the reason he has put on so much weight

Or he may have a bad back because he's put on so much weight.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2010, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 29, 2010, 05:43:11 PM

Or he may have a bad back because he's put on so much weight.

Or he may have a bad back reaching down to the bottom of a bargain bucket from his couch.