American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Sad to hear that, Jason Campbell had a promising career ahead of him. RIP.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Not funny, but funny :)

Actually good for Campbell to get out of DC at this stage. It's obvious they blame him for their recent poor years, which is harsh.

I think he could be a good pocket passer.

Of course, whether he will be a good pocket passer in Oakland is moot at this point, but at least it's not DC.

heganboy

Does the JaMarcus Russell admission by the Raiders take Ryan Leaf's worst draft pick ever title away?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

mc_grens

Quote from: heganboy on April 26, 2010, 01:14:56 PM
Does the JaMarcus Russell admission by the Raiders take Ryan Leaf's worst draft pick ever title away?

...and taken in conjunction with a reasonably solid, sensible draft- is this evidence that Al Davis is no longer alive?

Minder

The Raiders could maybe try and turn Russell into an O lineman or Defensive Tackle.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on April 26, 2010, 02:36:33 PM
The Raiders could maybe try and turn Russell into an O lineman or Defensive Tackle.

He's certainly fat enough for it.

BallyhaiseMan

im delighted for Jason Campbell,i think he has the ability to be  a pro bowl QB with the right supporting cast.
hopefully Cable will give him that in Oakland.
Lamar Houstan and McClain are very good draft picks for the raiders considering what they have done in the past.

deiseach

Baseball fans. What is the deal with the Baltimore Orioles? A win rate of .158?! I mean, sheeeeit . . . .

turk

Jamarcus Russell is up to 300lbs now - he's massive!!

Minder

According to Adam Schefter the Raiders are preparing to cut Russell thus taking over from Ryan Leaf as the biggest bust of all time.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Quote from: turk on April 27, 2010, 11:58:36 AM
Jamarcus Russell is up to 300lbs now - he's massive!!

Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2010, 11:00:19 PM
According to Adam Schefter the Raiders are preparing to cut Russell thus taking over from Ryan Leaf as the biggest bust of all time.

He's the biggest QB bust of all time already Minder!

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 24, 2010, 01:03:22 AM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

:D :D :D :D :D

Brilliant draft from the queens, not only do they draft the wrong players for the wrong positions but they managed to get worse instead of better simply by not picking the best available player.

Still, they are not so far removed from not getting their pick to the podium on time, I mean what sort of mickey mouse organization is it that cant even get their pick in on time.  :D

How does Farve taste now viking fans? the man is a prima donna and the Packers absolutely did the right thing.

Nice draft pack by the way. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Capt Pat

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:09:49 PM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

Brilliant draft from the queens, not only do they draft the wrong players for the wrong positions but they managed to get worse instead of better simply by not picking the best available player.

Still, they are not so far removed from not getting their pick to the podium on time, I mean what sort of mickey mouse organization is it that cant even get their pick in on time.  :D

How does Farve taste now viking fans? the man is a prima donna and the Packers absolutely did the right thing.

that botched draft pick turned into future hall of famer defensive tackle Kevin Williams. Favre statistically has his best season ever for us last year and the Vikings front office after a number of poor years in the first half of the 90s is one of the best at drafting in the NFL, so we will have to wait and see how this years picks turn out.

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 27, 2010, 11:13:07 PM
Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:09:49 PM

that botched draft pick turned into future hall of famer defensive tackle Kevin Williams. Favre statistically has his best season ever for us last year and the Vikings front office after a number of poor years in the first half of the 90s is one of the best at drafting in the NFL, so we will have to wait and see how this years picks turn out.

Capt, the vikings had a team capable of winning it all last year, they had everything except a quarterback that could be relied upon not to make it about him, they had the superbowl champions beaten, all he had t do was to fall forward and Longwell would have been in range, not the aul gunslinger though, nah he makes it about him, throws a ball across his body and gets picked and ruins yet another season for yet another team. Karma baby after what he did t the jets, he is a scabby hoor and this year the packers will hand him his ass, I am not even a pack fan and I cant wait for him to go toe to toe with rogers, rogers and the pack will eat him alive.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Quoterogers and the pack will eat him alive

no chance
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity