American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

What a touchdown! Looks like its building up nicely. Brees did brilliant in the pocket, Henderson did fantastic to catch a slightly high pass.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Carmen Stateside

Farve taking alot of punishment, cant see him finishing this one!
Still anyones game.

thejuice

Some of the hits were disgraceful though. Farve looks broken. Vikings cant hold onto the ball at all. Saints are in command now thanks to sloppy ball handling.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

ANOTHER one. . . surely it isn't that feckin hard to hold onto! Did anyone else think that was a cheap shot on Favre it can't be legal to dive at someone's ankle wearing one of those helmets!

thejuice

Its illegal to hit the QB below the knee in the pocket if I'm not mistaken. Fair play to him he's showing how much he wants it tonight still playing no doubt in pain. Vikings are back in it

Carmen Stateside

Were the hell was he going with that??

J70

He could have just run and would have got them a very decent position for the field goal.

screenexile

Ridiculous and I'm not staying up any longer!!!!!

thejuice

Saints win the toss, take the ball and return the ensuing kick-off to their own 40. Wont be any bother for Brees to get them into FG range. But we've seen kickers f**k things up all year. but then again its indoors.

new devil

Some f**k up from farve....wait for that muppet stew to come on and stick the knife in

heganboy

great day's watching, Jets made a go of it and then the colts pulled away.

Saints are definitely there on viking stupidity.  They were outfought and completely outplayed by the vikings throughout the game for the vikings to throw it all away with a 12 man in the huddle penalty to move it out of field goal range and the interception was horrendous. And as for the AP fumbles?
Then in OT, saints got a Pass interference that wasn't, and had three plays which should have been overturned on review which weren't including a first down and a reception.
Looking forward to hearing on endless loops all about how poor New Orleans has recovered from tragedy in true american fashion.

Colts by 15
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Capt Pat

Gutted with that. Losing the turnover battle 5-1, 12 men in the huddle, the idiotic conservative play calling of Childress leading up to that, the last Favre interception. That is before getting onto the referees decisions. After all that I would like to see the saints win out but don't think they will.

Club Rossa

I still can't believe how the Vikings lost that one.That was a horrible throw from Favre for the last interception.Great kick from Hartley to win it though,straight down the middle.

Manning was different class last night and made the no.1 defense look very ordinary.He has so many options on offense and the Saints will struggle to contain him.

thejuice

I dozed off on the couch almost right after my last post, didn't know who won till this morning.

magpie seanie

Stew will be delighted!

I'm of a different opinion. Fair play to Favre to be able to fight like hell at his age. Big mistake at the end cost his team big time but seems like he took a lot of punishment and sucked it up and kept going for it.

Really hope New Orleans do it. Nothing against the Colts but it would be great for the Saints to do it.