American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Serious turnovers there against Denver. Chargers should be further ahead. 13-0 at HT.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2009, 10:27:39 PM
Lads, do you ever get sides who prefer to play the 4th down no matter what?

The only time they will really go for it is if they are behind near the end of the game and have no choice. If you go for it on your own 30 yd line and fail the opposition get the ball on your 30 so you are fcuked. All about field position.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Family guy

Gona be a long trip down the road for the jets today,beware the wounded tiger and tom brady,coming out flying today

thejuice

Big Ben injured tonight. Chiefs beat them in Overtime. Bengals have that division. Falcons have dropped behind the Packers Giants and Cowboys. Though we could have taken the Giants tonight even without Turner. We need to sort out our defence in the off-season but we also need to get another big threat receiver.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

Quote from: Minder on November 22, 2009, 10:31:14 PM

The only time they will really go for it is if they are behind near the end of the game and have no choice. If you go for it on your own 30 yd line and fail the opposition get the ball on your 30 so you are fcuked. All about field position.

i take your point about field position minder but but i'm still amazed that teams dont go for it on 4th down early in games

thejuice

Merrimen hitting Orton below the knee. What a kn**ker that lad is.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ONeill

So what is the given yardage from the EZ that a side will decide to go for it in normal circumstances - 5 yrds?

ONeill

Denver's discipline is worse than Ballinderry's.

ONeill

LT is in some form - seems to be carrying injury still but still a better option than Sproles.

magickingdom

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2009, 11:14:31 PM

So what is the given yardage from the EZ that a side will decide to go for it in normal circumstances - 5 yrds?

no way 5 yards unless you have to... 1 or 2 max early in the game imo. you get it you get a bit of mommentum going and you never know. right now nobody tries on 4 th down unless less they have to

ArmaghLedd

no problem magickingdom ;D

I see chargers overcome the broncos to become top team in AFC West woopa! :D

Galwaybhoy

Football all evening.  ;D  Detroit lead 7-0 nearing the end of the 1st quarter.

stew

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 26, 2009, 06:03:02 PM
Football all evening.  ;D  Detroit lead 7-0 nearing the end of the 1st quarter.

The packers will win this game going away i would imagine, Crosby has a big leg but he is not tat accurate and he could yet cost the packers the day.

Prediction, Pack 34 Lions 17.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Galwaybhoy

Great pass by Rogers to end the first quarter.

Rushing touchdown for the Packers.

Now 7-7.

I'd say your right Stew, Green Bay will run away with this now I'd say.

gawa316

Anyone know where you can get good streams to watch NFL games?