American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Game of the season without a doubt Carmen! Some finish!

Carmen Stateside

Great stuff really enjoyed that game tonight.
Still cant get over Billacheat going for the fourth and two.  Why didnt he just kick it to the other end of the field? Glad to see it but :D 

SLIGONIAN

Cheers AZ and Magickingdom, just couldnt make head nor tail of the structure.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

thejuice

Looked like a hell of a game. That 4th and 2 was bizarre. Almost worked though. Colts are some team.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ballinaman

Colts are looking very good. Manning is unbelievable. What were Pats at though in fairness...Might not be last Pats Colts game of the year anyways!! Can't wait for San D Vs Denver game next week now!!

ballinaman

RogerMilla

Quote from: thejuice on November 16, 2009, 08:23:20 AM
Looked like a hell of a game. That 4th and 2 was bizarre. Almost worked though. Colts are some team.

interesting piece by micheal tomasky in the guardian as to why billichek was statistically right to go for it .

saints at 9-0 now but not a convincing performance , playoffs beckon though

ballinaman

Quote from: RogerMilla on November 16, 2009, 12:07:02 PM

interesting piece by micheal tomasky in the guardian as to why billichek was statistically right to go for it .

Read that alright. He actually said he was crazy to go for it, some Burke guy had the stats to say he was right. Nice bit at the end about Billichek was "his usuall a*sh*le self at the end of the match shaking the colts managers hand for .31 seconds as if it was a dead mackerel"....

mc_grens

I know the 4th and 2 decision is going to dominate alot of the coverage of this game, but I think that does the Colts a disservice.

If they had punted Manning would have had around 1:30 and a timeout to drive the field for a TD- something he is the best in the league at.

More impressive to me was that despite their extensive injury list the Colts still found a way to win. Mathis was superb, the forced fumble on Maroey on the goal line was a huge play (can't remember who did it), and Peyton Manning is by a country mile the MVP so far this season. This just in- he's fantastic.

AND the only opponent on the Colts remaining schedule with a winning record is the Broncos. They could run the table more easily than the Saints, barring the now inevitable Manning sit for the seasons last game.

GalwayBayBoy

I think we might well see another Colts v Pats game in the playoffs yet. Some comeback all the same considering they were 17 points down early in the 4th quarter.

RogerMilla

Quote from: ballinaman on November 16, 2009, 12:15:32 PM
Quote from: RogerMilla on November 16, 2009, 12:07:02 PM

Read that alright. He actually said he was crazy to go for it, some Burke guy had the stats to say he was right. Nice bit at the end about Billichek was "his usuall a*sh*le self at the end of the match shaking the colts managers hand for .31 seconds as if it was a dead mackerel"....

;D you have to hate bellichek  ;D

ballinaman

Indeed....always nice to see the Pats beaten...primarily because of him. ;D

RogerMilla

Quote from: mc_grens on November 16, 2009, 01:09:07 PM

If they had punted Manning would have had around 1:30 and a timeout to drive the field for a TD- something he is the best in the league at.

true but you have to trust your defence , what message did that send out to them ?
i dont trust you on the big plays?

manning utter class though, a pleasure to watch the colts

Rossie11

Quotetrue but you have to trust your defence , what message did that send out to them ?
i dont trust you on the big plays

My thoughts exactly. We dont think your good enough to stop a 60yrd TD drive in 90seconds.

mc_grens

I agree with both of you, Im more making the point that despite it not being his very best game he could have beaten them had Bellichik taken his other option.

I'm bigging up the Colts more than anything.

I think it came down to Bill trusting Brady to make the 2 yds than anything else!