American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

2 mins left. 20-14 Giants. Needs perfection by Rivers from here to salvage it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anportmorforjfc

Get Hill back in on thurs v the bears. Smith throws his second int of the day. Titans 24 49ers 20. 6 min left.

anportmorforjfc

Alex Smith you p***k  >:( throws 3rd interception of the game and second of final quarter, game over Titans 34 49ers 20

Carmen Stateside

Some drive by Rivers , 80 odd yards in just over a minute and a half and used no timeouts.  sick

mc_grens

Memo to Denver... We haven't gone away you know...

ballinaman

Vincent Jackson you beauty!! What a drive....get in!

AZOffaly

Great win for the Cardinals yesterday. It's very inconsistent from them so far, even within games, but when they're good, they can be bloody good.

Bad Loss at home to SF in week 1 followed up by a good win in Jacksonville, then a stomping by Indianapolis, followed by good wins against Houston at home, Seahawks away and Giants away. That made them 4-2, and had me hoping to keep the pressure on against a poor enough Panthers team, who promptly ran all over them to beat the Cards and send them to 4-3. Then a tricky away game in Chicago, and they only go and beat them by 20 points in the Windy City.

Now the Cards stand at 5-3 atop the Division, and with games against Seattle at home, St. Louis away and Tennessee away, you could end up 8-3 easily enough, but more likely to be at best 7-4. Anything is possible with these lads, including 5-6 :D

thejuice

Hell of a final drive from SD. With Gates dropping everything I didn't think it was going to happen for them. Giants front 4 needed to come up with the goods again but couldn't.

Giants are so inconsistant. At times they look like the Superbowl winners they were and at other times look like those awkward first few years with Eli. The same could be said of the Chargers however. Made for a great game all the same.

LT just can't do it like he used to. He might be better running outside the tackles or on screen passes but he cant run up the middle and make people miss like he used to.

With the Falcons going to NY in 2 weeks I hope the G-men that show up are the awkward pre-Superbowl version. We took care of the redskins as expected but certainly didn't blow them away. Matt Ryan still has a lot of improving to do. Thankfully Michael Turner is back to his best. Our secondary even got us some scores.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mc_grens

I think the old LT would do better under the present circumstances, but I think the O-lines un blocking, particularly on the interior right hand side, has been attrocious. Hopefully the return of Hardwick at C will improve things, but I still think the Bolts need to bite the bullet this summer and move LT on.

ballinaman

Quote from: mc_grens on November 09, 2009, 01:49:11 PM
I think the old LT would do better under the present circumstances, but I think the O-lines un blocking, particularly on the interior right hand side, has been attrocious. Hopefully the return of Hardwick at C will improve things, but I still think the Bolts need to bite the bullet this summer and move LT on.

I'd agree...can't find the space up the centre anymore like he used. Sproles can the odd time but can get nailed because of his size. LT will still do a job on screens and sweep passes for the rest of the season though hopfully. Eagles next at home, going to be a big one because going to Denver the week after.

Capt Pat

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 09, 2009, 12:26:52 PM
Great win for the Cardinals yesterday. It's very inconsistent from them so far, even within games, but when they're good, they can be bloody good.

Bad Loss at home to SF in week 1 followed up by a good win in Jacksonville, then a stomping by Indianapolis, followed by good wins against Houston at home, Seahawks away and Giants away. That made them 4-2, and had me hoping to keep the pressure on against a poor enough Panthers team, who promptly ran all over them to beat the Cards and send them to 4-3. Then a tricky away game in Chicago, and they only go and beat them by 20 points in the Windy City.

Now the Cards stand at 5-3 atop the Division, and with games against Seattle at home, St. Louis away and Tennessee away, you could end up 8-3 easily enough, but more likely to be at best 7-4. Anything is possible with these lads, including 5-6 :D

I think Tennessee might be at the start of a miracle comeback. Chris Johnson thinks they can win 10 games in a row after starting 0-6. They did win 10 in a row at the start of last season. They are now 2-6 and with their schedule I wouldn't be surprised to see them finish with a 9-7 record(losing @ the colts)

stew

Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson, the head coach and GM of the Green Bay Packers would do well to go into hiding for a few days, they have fcuked up big time with a loss to the O-7 Bucs, they cant keep Rodgers upright, the O line is shite and the so called best WR unit in the land cant break free of their markers.

This is a team in crisis, the O line coach should be gone, as should McCarthy and Thompson, they have lost the run of the team and they are among the most penalised team in the NFL.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

mc_grens

Rodgers holds the ball waaayyyy too long, and he's too willing to take the sack. Rivers has just as bad a line and has nowhere near the sacks. When I watched Green Bay last week against The Vikes last week it was all I could do not to scream "throw it away you dummy" at the screen.

ballinaman

Dear Denver.....Chargers aren't going away. Beat the eagles in San D next week, fun times in Invesco field the week after......

anportmorforjfc

Predictions on tonights game?