American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Agreed. The Rams one is brilliant.

Go Bears.

The Claw

The Jets have signed Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey and Jason Truznik and 2 draft picks, thought to be a 3rd and a 5th.
Interesting move. Not sure how much i like it. We definitely need a No 1 receiver, but Edwards might not have the best attitude. His recent off-the-field row doesn't sooth my unease either.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Claw on October 07, 2009, 05:18:56 PM
The Jets have signed Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey and Jason Truznik and 2 draft picks, thought to be a 3rd and a 5th.
Interesting move. Not sure how much i like it. We definitely need a No 1 receiver, but Edwards might not have the best attitude. His recent off-the-field row doesn't sooth my unease either.

Very curious timing seeing as Crabtree just signed with the Niners - maybe there was truth in the allegations the Jets were tampering with him

Minder

Edwards had a stinking attitude, plenty of mouth but hasn't been able to back it up after the big season in '07. Can't imagine Rex Ryan taking much shite from him so could be a great pickup for the Jets.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ballinaman

Some win for the Broncos last night!!

I know i should have been supporting the Pats because i'm a chargers fan but when it came down to it, always nice to see the Pats loose!!!  ;D

AZOffaly

See the Cardiac Cards are living up to their rep. 21-0 up at half time, 21-7 going into the 4th, only to decide not to bother their arses a) moving the ball themselves or b) tackling the Texans. Net result 21-21 with under 2 minutes to go. Another 3 and out, and then hey presto DRC intercepts and turns it into a pick six with a 49 yard return. Game over. Em not exactly. from the kickoff the Texans run it back to the Cardinals 40. 3 complete passes and it's first and goal from the six. Oh well, overtime it is then. Nope. Finally the defence stands up and stuffs the Texans 3 times with another incomplete pass from a yard out. turnover on downs, Cardinals win. The only surprise is that they didn't fumble in the 55 seconds remaining on their own 1 yard line.

2-2 now, and a huge game in Seattle next weekend.

Minder

Did anyone see that p***k Dre Bly in the 49ers v Falcons game? Thought he was taking a pick to the house and started celebrating by putting his hand behind his ear at the 30 yard line but got tackled by a Falcons receiver (Roddy White?) and lost the ball..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Quote from: Minder on October 12, 2009, 01:28:34 PM
Did anyone see that p***k Dre Bly in the 49ers v Falcons game? Thought he was taking a pick to the house and started celebrating by putting his hand behind his ear at the 30 yard line but got tackled by a Falcons receiver (Roddy White?) and lost the ball..........

Yeah it was brilliant, Happy with the Falcons last night. To see them chase down the WR to prevent the TD just before the goal line just show's the team are all highly motivated and willing to burst a gut for the team.

49ers seemed quite the opposite with players getting mixed up, QB way off with his recievers. Mike Singletary having to call a Timeout just to give his defence a bollocking is a bad sign too, made worse that they got blow away on the very next play.

Anyway, 5 of our next 7 games are against teams coming off a bye week so it'll be choppy waters from here on. Starting with the Bears, I think we have a decent chance of beating them. I doubt we'll catch the Saints but we are looking good for a play-off spot.

Pats getting beat as well last night. McDaniels didnt show up to shake Belicheks hand after. Well we all know who he learned his manners from so Bill should understand.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mc_grens

He was too busy shaking the hand of every other Patriot! If you watch the post match press conference or read any of the reports McDaniels was very complimentary of his old boss, and by all accounts Cheater Bill visited McDaniels office for a while after things had calmed down. McDaniels then spent over an hour on the Pats team buses with old friends.

Hard to blame the fella for gettin fired up after beating his mentor!

thejuice

Fair enough, NFL Game Day had a different slant on it, showing him celebrating with the Denver Players which Bill was wandering around looking a bit lost. Anyway, I didnt think there was any bad blood between them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ballinaman

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 12, 2009, 01:57:01 PM
What about this boy   :o :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxI9OD3h3A

What a hero!!

Colts and Giants look very strong so far, Giants Saints game is going to be a cracker next week!. Hoping Chagers put up a good show against the Broncos, time for LT to do something, Rivers can't carry the offense the whole time!

BallyhaiseMan

Owen Schmidt  ;D
They do say you have to be a bit crazy to be a full back though!!!!
what about those Bengals lads?

thejuice

QuoteBuffalo Bills           1-4
Cleveland Browns         1-4
Detroit Lions         1-4
Oakland Raiders         1-4
Kansas City Chiefs      0-5
St. Louis Rams             0-5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers      0-5
Tennessee Titans      0-5

The race for the 1st Draft pick is really intense this year with a lot of teams really doing their damndest to out-shit each other. The Raiders went backwards on Offence, Kansas tried to make the Cowboys look good. Bills Vs Browns game should never be spoke of again, removed from the history books. Bucs are in free fall, the Rams are still stuck in the mire.

But Tennessee? what are they doing there. In fact I'm convinced that they are throwing this one. They figure Kerry Collins will be finished this year and Vince Young is crap, lets get Tebow and make a Superbowl run next year.

Capt Pat

Tebow isn't an NFL quarter back according to a lot of people who know something about it, but Jacksonville are going to take him as he is a local in order to sell tickets. Tennessee will be able to replace Haynesworth at defensive tackle by taking Suh if they carry on playing this badly. Tennessee remind me of the Irish rugby team at the world cup a couple of years ago. They should be going on a superbowl run.

What about the Jets and their old Pals act with Mangina(i) in Cleveland. Braylon Edwards for a third and a fifth and a couple of throw away players. A fifth round pick is pretty much a throw away pick as well, so it is pretty much a third round pick for Braylon Edwards which is a bargain. They also did a similar deal in the draft for their #5 pick in the first round so the Jets could draft Sanchez, the only decent thing they got from that was an extra second round pick, they also got 3 throw away players including quarterback Eric Ainge. Braylon should really help the Jets as they don't have a lot at wide receiver apart from Jericho Cotchery.

What is Mangini playing at though. He has already got rid of Brady Quinn as the starting quarterback and then brings in Anderson but then gets rid of Braylon Edwards while building up draft picks. So Anderson won't be able to make a good impression without a star wide receiver to throw to. Sounds like the Browns are going to go looking for a new quarter back in the draft and get rid of the other 2 and keep Ainge as the back up.